ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 157 of 382
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207257 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
NewChief 09:26 AM 03-01-2014
Originally Posted by phisherman:
It's good and hoppy. I also really like their Tasmanian IPA.
Yeah. The local beer reviewer talked about the Tasmanian in his review of the American as well. I really want to try it, as the hops sounded really interesting from the review.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:28 AM 03-01-2014
Yep, 100% Australian Galaxy hops. Lots of grapefruit, pineapple and mango notes. Very tasty, very drinkable.
[Reply]
Shag 10:07 AM 03-01-2014
Deschutes Freshly Squeezed IPA just came out in 6 packs. Rejoice!
Really excited about this - drank the shit out of those bombers last year...
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:18 AM 03-01-2014
Evil Twin Brewing?

Bought some for the first time.. the Biscotti Break Imperial Stout and Imperial Doughnut Break. Might open one for the KU game.

Still hoarding Yeti Espresso... pretty sure I'm like one of 10 people in the metro area who buys Great Divide.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:20 AM 03-01-2014
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Evil Twin Brewing?

Bought some for the first time.. the Biscotti Break Imperial Stout and Imperial Doughnut Break. Might open one for the KU game.

Still hoarding Yeti Espresso... pretty sure I'm like one of 10 people in the metro area who buys Great Divide.
I avoided the doughnut break because I'm trying to avoid sudden onset diabetes.

But Imperial Biscotti Break is essentially flawless.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:35 AM 03-01-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I avoided the doughnut break because I'm trying to avoid sudden onset diabetes.

Heh, I read reviews along those lines... seems similar to the over the top/gimmicky nature of Creme Brulee (but rated higher on beeradvocate).

I generally agree with beeradvocate and Biscotti Break is a 98, so I'm looking forward to that one.... I believe the only 100 I've seen is BCS coffee, and if I had to pick one beer as a favorite, that would be it.
[Reply]
phisherman 10:58 AM 03-01-2014
The barrel aged Biscotti Break....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, pricey but oh so worth it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:23 AM 03-01-2014
The barrel aged Biscotti Break....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, pricey but oh so worth it.
Well, that's the second 100 I've seen... :-)

Pretty sure I would have noticed that one, but might have to make another beer run just to be sure.
[Reply]
phisherman 11:36 AM 03-01-2014
I think it was about $22, but totally worth it. I'd rebuy it at that price over and over.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:16 PM 03-01-2014
Very tasty, indeed... picked up a couple more when I checked for the bourbon barrel aged stuff. Probably should have tried it first, at $15/bottle, but definitely not disappointed.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:21 PM 03-01-2014
Been drinking Stone's new Go To IPA, their entry into the increasingly crowded field of "session IPAs." It's probably the 2nd best wide-release session IPA I've had, next to Lagunitas DayTime IPA.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:29 PM 03-01-2014
Been drinking Stone's new Go To IPA, their entry into the increasingly crowded field of "session IPAs." It's probably the 2nd best wide-release session IPA I've had, next to Lagunitas DayTime IPA.
Wait, I forgot about Terrapin Recreation Ale. THAT'S the best session IPA.
[Reply]
TimBone 01:03 AM 03-02-2014
Had no idea what a "session IPA" was....had to look it up. How do these compare in taste to traditional IPA's and Double IPA's? That was my only problem with Lagunitas Sucks. I could have stayed their drinking them and conversing with the wife all night, but after four of them(and one other beer I had prior to finding Sucks on the menu) I was pretty much good to go. Now that I'm more into IPA's, I'd love to find one with all the taste and hops but lower in alcohol so that I could make a long night of it. Do these sessions you mentioned above do the trick?
[Reply]
Phobia 01:30 AM 03-02-2014
Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson:
Had no idea what a "session IPA" was....had to look it up. How do these compare in taste to traditional IPA's and Double IPA's? That was my only problem with Lagunitas Sucks. I could have stayed their drinking them and conversing with the wife all night, but after four of them(and one other beer I had prior to finding Sucks on the menu) I was pretty much good to go. Now that I'm more into IPA's, I'd love to find one with all the taste and hops but lower in alcohol so that I could make a long night of it. Do these sessions you mentioned above do the trick?
Yes.
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:50 AM 03-02-2014
Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson:
Yup, that's exactly the idea. They're all 4.something % ABV but have pretty massive hop aroma and plenty of hop flavor.

What they lack is malt flavor. There's almost surely some rice going on too as an adjunct grain. They don't taste like pale ales, they taste like IPAs where the malt body has disappeared. Not for everybody, but they are really refreshing.
[Reply]
Page 157 of 382
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207257 > Last »
Up