ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>LNBS: Most underated bands, who ya got
FlaChief58 08:20 PM 02-16-2018
There is a ton of really good music out there that goes unappreciated by most people because they stick to a certain genre. Here is your chance to enlighten us all by turning us on to your favorite lesser known bands.

Here's a few of mine

Blind Mellon: Sleepy house, Change

The Black Crows: Wiser Time, She Gave Good Sunflower

Theory of a deadman: All or nothing, Wait for me
[Reply]
Cornstock 10:35 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The really cool thing about those guys, having read several interviews... is that they never set out to be Led Zeppelin

But the band itself just had that love for old school blues rock, then they added that singer... and it naturally morphed into a Zep II thing, even if they kinda try to downplay it during interviews

Compared to what passes as 'rock n roll' these days, I love them... their hearts in the right place for sure

The coolest part isnt that they're doing it, its that there is still an audience for great rock like that... it gives me faith in our youngsters
So this is a hard thought to hash out in writing but I think you'll know what I'm talking about.

Jimmy page has a rif that he integrates throughout several of his solos in several songs. Kind of a building arpeggio scale. If Greta Van Fleet can come up with their own but similar thing, they are on track for legendary status

I googled it to see if there's a name for it, but it might be one of those things the average listener doesn't have the ear to pick up on. But it's kind of his default solo theme, that he varies and improvs
[Reply]
TimBone 10:42 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
My cunt sister did. I've spent my entire life doing whatever is diametrically opposite of whatever the fuck she does.
I've heard you reference the sister before. Please don't judge them men off her merit. They got skills.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:44 PM 02-16-2018
Toad the Wet Sprocket
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:46 PM 02-16-2018
Nazareth
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:48 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I've heard you reference the sister before. Please don't judge them men off her merit. They got skills.
Right on. I suppose that's not fair.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:53 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Cornstock:
So this is a hard thought to hash out in writing but I think you'll know what I'm talking about.

Jimmy page has a rif that he integrates throughout several of his solos in several songs. Kind of a building arpeggio scale. If Greta Van Fleet can come up with their own but similar thing, they are on track for legendary status

I googled it to see if there's a name for it, but it might be one of those things the average listener doesn't have the ear to pick up on. But it's kind of his default solo theme, that he varies and improvs
The similarities to Page are undeniable, wouldnt argue the Jimmy influence at all

I'm just an ear player with little formal training, but Jimmies influence is undeniable with Jake Kiszka... dont care either way, love what those kids do

They're plenty young enough to grow and put their own stamp on things, I'll tell you this much... if they come around here, I'm there
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:17 PM 02-16-2018
RE: Greta Van Fleet. A friend introduced me to them a few weeks ago. Never heard of them before, but I really dig their sound. And yes, the lead singer is eerily a clone of Robert Plant.
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 11:22 PM 02-16-2018
The Suicide Machines
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:34 PM 02-16-2018
They're pretty well known in KC, but never reached the level of success they should have because of bad management.

[Reply]
KCrockaholic 11:38 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
They're pretty well known in KC, but never reached the level of success they should have because of bad management.

McClain still lives, or has a house in KC.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:42 PM 02-16-2018
There was a singer about 15 years ago named Neal Coty who was great, but he only released two albums and then disappeared. Here's the lead song from his first album, which is a great story song.

He was more blues/country on the first album. On the second album, he went very country, but even though I don't like country music I really liked his album. Here's one of my favorites off that one.

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:03 AM 02-17-2018
Scorpions:

Accept

Thin Lizzy

[Reply]
UL Washington 12:30 AM 02-17-2018
Deep Purple
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:40 AM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
McClain still lives, or has a house in KC.
I guess he went through some pretty serious health issues recently. Complications from the West Nile virus.
Originally Posted by UL Washington:
Deep Purple
I wouldn't call Deep Purple underrated.
[Reply]
tooge 12:48 AM 02-17-2018
A Few really good local bands
Nave brothers. Great blues
Disco Dick and the mirror balls. 70's
Stolen Winnebagos. A bit of everything

Fun local bands that play around KC
[Reply]
Page 3 of 12