ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 38
« First < 263233343536 3738 >
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 12-17-2019
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker had its premiere last night at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Non-Spoiler reviews and Twitter mentions are trickling out and they're overwhelmingly positive.

I'll be seeing the film Thursday night, 6:30pm PST but I'm not sure if I'll have time to post because we're traveling for the holidays, leaving at 4am the next morning. If I can't post Thursday evening, I'll get to it at some point over the weekend, maybe after I've seen it a second time.

It's a Spoiler thread but let's try to keep the real spoilery stuff in the Spoiler Tags through the weekend, just so we don't ruin the movie for someone that accidentally clicks on the thread.

Let's hear it! :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:16 PM 05-06-2020
Finally Luke has turned to the dark side.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:29 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Finally Luke has turned to the dark side.

He's going to be in WWDITS? It was amazing last week.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:54 PM 05-08-2020

[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:47 PM 05-09-2020
Where did Rey get the gold light saber?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:47 AM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Meh
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:11 AM 05-10-2020
she made it bro

she can do anything
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:46 AM 05-10-2020
Well.. that kinda makes sense. Creating a light saber is, like, How To Be A Jedi 101.

Anyway, I thought it was entertaining. It looked fucking beautiful, as Star Wars flicks always do.

Killing off Ben was chickenshit. They should have allowed Rey to die and kept him. He's a farrrr more interesting character.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:16 AM 05-10-2020
Well.. that kinda makes sense. Creating a light saber is, like, How To Be A Jedi 101.

Anyway, I thought it was entertaining. It looked ****ing beautiful, as Star Wars flicks always do.

Killing off Ben was chickenshit. They should have allowed Rey to die and kept him. He's a farrrr more interesting character.
I agree he should have lived. His story arc would have had an interesting end place if he realized he didn’t need to control the galaxy or live up to others and could be content with Rey on a ball of dust.

Wouldn’t have fixed the movie or trilogy but it was such a predictable and unnecessary thing to do.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:21 AM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Yeah imo it all hinges on the very subpar NEW cast. They all sucked. From the forced Finn/Poe "bromance" to Driver's cringeworthy emo performance etc etc, it was just a dud.

Also worth noting that it was too bad that the original cast of Luke/Han never got to go on one last mission together. I'm no SW expert obviously (just a casual fan) but talk about a missed oppurtunity
Finn was disposable. He was set up as a male lead and has a different love interest in every film and doesn’t end up with any of them. I know some love TLJ but allowing RJ Ti just go off and make whatever he wanted without regard to what came before or was planned for after kneecapped the trilogy. I assume KK gave him that authority or signed off on the “let’s change the plan after filming every movie” — but whoever is responsible pretty much made it impossible to have a coherent story.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:35 PM 05-12-2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:13 PM 05-13-2020

[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:58 PM 05-13-2020
For those rare few who love everything Star Wars, but don't watch Rick&Morty

EDIT: Also, later in the week, this week's episode of What We Do in the Shadows.
Attached: Shadows - SW II.jpg (87.9 KB) Shadows - SW I.jpg (78.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Sorry 07:28 PM 05-13-2020

Anyway, I thought it was entertaining. It looked ****ing beautiful, as Star Wars flicks always do.

They actually got my hopes up for Kylo as being a redeemable character and they freaking kill him off?? lol Can't do any more movies until its a verifiable masterpiece.
[Reply]
JakeLV 12:22 AM 05-16-2020
Jesus Christ...

Did anybody see Dave Filoni talking about Duel and the Fates and the actual meaning behind it?

Dude just made the prequels that much better ad never shot a scene
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:53 AM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by JakeLV:
Jesus Christ...

Did anybody see Dave Filoni talking about Duel and the Fates and the actual meaning behind it?

Dude just made the prequels that much better ad never shot a scene

[Reply]
Page 36 of 38
« First < 263233343536 3738 >
Up