ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 38
« First < 243031323334 35363738 >
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 12-17-2019
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker had its premiere last night at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Non-Spoiler reviews and Twitter mentions are trickling out and they're overwhelmingly positive.

I'll be seeing the film Thursday night, 6:30pm PST but I'm not sure if I'll have time to post because we're traveling for the holidays, leaving at 4am the next morning. If I can't post Thursday evening, I'll get to it at some point over the weekend, maybe after I've seen it a second time.

It's a Spoiler thread but let's try to keep the real spoilery stuff in the Spoiler Tags through the weekend, just so we don't ruin the movie for someone that accidentally clicks on the thread.

Let's hear it! :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:26 PM 05-01-2020
FWIW, the Rule of Two was retconned in the Rise of Skywalker novel:

----

The Rise of Skywalker novelization provides a solution to the conundrum, in the form of a passage Rey reads from an ancient Jedi text. "The Prime is One, but the Jedi are Many. The Sith were Many but often emerge Ruled by Two." This clarifies that while there can be multiple Sith at any time, they are ruled by the leading two. This scenario would fit the pattern that was set in the supplementary material of two Sith being in charge, and others acting in secret.

This explanation also works on a meta-level -- the reason that Sith lords crop up to violate the clean "Rule of Two" often arises from supplementary works. If everyone pretended that only the movies were in-canon, it wouldn't be a problem. However, Star Wars has a rich expanded universe, set in between the events of the movies. And those supplementary works need villains, which often end up being Sith, regardless of the "Rule of Two."
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:02 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
I'm rewatching the best Ashoka episodes from TCW and Rebels. Her story is so much better than I remembered. I'm glad she hasn't appeared in any films because they would undoubtedly ruin her story arc. The most recent two episodes on TCW are fantastic for her as well.

I also recently watched all of Star Wars: Resistance. Holy **** the protagonist and his best friend are so ****ing annoying. The protagonist's behavior is so grating that I had to ignore most of the first season whenever he was on screen. There are some cool episodes, but mostly it was just filler bullshit to create some kind of shallow backstory for The First Order. Oh, and an excuse to show a gold plated Stormtrooper.
The latest (and penultimate) clone wars was pretty good, too. I'm not sure what the finale next week is going to entail, but they're definitely going out with a bang.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:13 PM 05-01-2020
And I guess I'll finally see Rise of Skywalker next week, since it'll be on D+.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:46 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
And I guess I'll finally see Rise of Skywalker next week, since it'll be on D+.
It's about a D+
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 04:53 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
The originals? Seriously?
I saw an article and a youtube video about month ago saying that, but I cannot find them now, so I could be wrong.
[Reply]
sully1983 06:17 PM 05-01-2020
This was a flat out bad film. IMO Jar Jar Abrams did a much better job with his Star Trek (2009) reboot (which isn't saying that much but I quite liked the new Star Trek reboot cast compared to the cringeworthy new SW cast)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:21 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The latest (and penultimate) clone wars was pretty good, too. I'm not sure what the finale next week is going to entail, but they're definitely going out with a bang.
The finale airs Monday, May 4th, as does RoS and The Mandalorian 8 part doco
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:06 PM 05-01-2020
Clone Wars finale was moving and chilling.

I'm going to miss that shit.
[Reply]
JakeLV 12:29 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Clone Wars finale was moving and chilling.

I'm going to miss that shit.
Don’t we have one more episode?
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:07 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by JakeLV:
Yep.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:32 AM 05-02-2020
This could go in so many threads, but this one seems most apt.

Full of win

Some of my Star Wars album covers ahead of May 4th

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:06 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by JakeLV:
Oh damn. This gonna be awesome.
[Reply]
JakeLV 12:28 AM 05-04-2020
32 mins from the finale... and I’m going to bed instead.
[Reply]
bowener 08:30 AM 05-04-2020
Hell yeah, I didn't realize I'd be able to watch the finale today!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:16 AM 05-04-2020
Taika Watitti confirmed to helm a Star Wars film.

Taika will direct and co-write with screenwriter and Oscar nominee Krysty Wilson-Cairns (“1917,” “Last Night in Soho”).

I'll be sure to post any details in the coming months that I can share.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 38
« First < 243031323334 35363738 >
Up