ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 38
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 12-17-2019
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker had its premiere last night at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Non-Spoiler reviews and Twitter mentions are trickling out and they're overwhelmingly positive.

I'll be seeing the film Thursday night, 6:30pm PST but I'm not sure if I'll have time to post because we're traveling for the holidays, leaving at 4am the next morning. If I can't post Thursday evening, I'll get to it at some point over the weekend, maybe after I've seen it a second time.

It's a Spoiler thread but let's try to keep the real spoilery stuff in the Spoiler Tags through the weekend, just so we don't ruin the movie for someone that accidentally clicks on the thread.

Let's hear it! :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:38 PM 03-01-2020

The novelization of #RiseofSkywalker confirms that yes, Palpatine was a clone. https://t.co/zGFLUNFKdp

— Collider (@Collider) March 1, 2020

[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:53 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
:-) they really just threw **** at a wall huh?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:27 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
:-) they really just threw **** at a wall huh?
I understood when KK fired Josh Trank due to the nonsense that happened during and after the filming of Fantastic Four.

I understood when KK fired Lord & Miller for shooting up to 40 takes of each and every scene while wildly veering from Larry Kasdan's script.

I understood hiring Rian Johnson, who's really a brilliant story teller and while I didn't "love" everything in that film or even agree with the direction, he was a very solid choice.

But firing Trevorrow? That, I don't get, especially after seeing all of the artwork and reading the story. While his Episode IX wouldn't have justified the Sequel Trilogy, his story didn't change Canon. His story didn't nullify Anakin's story arc or redemption and he didn't redeem Kylo Ren, which to me, was completely unjustified in Abrams version of IX.

I really believe that KK's on thin ice, especially after Iger resigned this week. But there's nothing that she could do in the future and there's nothing that Disney can do moving forward that will ever rectify the gigantic garbage pile of movie-making that is the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy.

Nothing.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 05:11 PM 03-02-2020
Apparently Rey & Kylo also had a telepathic conversation that for some reason wasn't in the movie.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/ben-s...085840965.html

Originally Posted by :
A novelization of the film to be released later this month cited by ComicBook.com as well as excerpts circulating on social media detailed what happened after Ben Solo sacrificed himself to save Rey. On screen, the two kiss. But they also gaze at each other for a long moment, and some fans believe a kind of communication between the two of them took place. The novel confirms it.

“A voice came to her through the Force, clear and strong.

‘I will always be with you,’ Ben said.

She smiled. Let the truth of it wash over her.

‘No one’s ever really gone,’ she whispered.”

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:12 PM 03-03-2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:34 AM 03-05-2020
So Palpatine's "son" was, actually, a failed attempt to clone him, which you know, makes a lot more sense than Palps fucking and explains why he would have discarded his "son" without a second thought.

IF YOU HAD PUT THIS IN THE MOVIE MAYBE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A HELL OF A LOT BETTER.

THIS ACTUALLY MAKES FUCKING SENSE. YOU FUCKING JACKASSES.

Originally Posted by :
But now, per ScreenRant, intrepid readers have also answered the question of who Palpatine did the deed with in order to have his apparently white-sheep-of-the-family kid: Nobody!

Yup, it’s Oops All Clones again, with Rey apparently getting a series of flashbacks near the book’s end, showing not just Palpatine taking over his sickly clone-on-a-hook body, but also the creation of “a useless, powerless failure” who was “a not-quite-identical clone.” Said clone eventually grew up to be Rey’s dad, presumably after an exciting and fulfilling childhood spent hanging out in his “dad’s” lightning pyramid on Exegol.

While kind of boring, the answer comes as something of a relief. We don’t want to get into a lot of heavy moral judgments here, but we’re pretty sure Sith make for shitty boyfriends; that whole “Rule Of Two” things sounds like it’d play hell on an active social life.

[Reply]
Setsuna 04:23 PM 03-05-2020
So Rey is actually Palpatine's daughter? I'm confused.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:23 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
So Rey is actually Palpatine's daughter? I'm confused.
Rey is the offspring of a failed clone of Palpatine.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:27 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Rey is the offspring of a failed clone of Palpatine.
The sequel trilogy continues to get dumber and dumber
[Reply]
Fish 08:49 PM 03-05-2020
It doesn't say anything about a mother though... we still don't have any definitive proof of Sith sexytime...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:44 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
It doesn't say anything about a mother though... we still don't have any definitive proof of Sith sexytime...
Considering the "logic" of these films, she's probably a clone of Palpatine, too
[Reply]
Fish 09:49 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Considering the "logic" of these films, she's probably a clone of Palpatine, too
They've been releasing a lot of half-ass explanations in officials tweets and via the canon books like this one, that have been serious head-scratchers.

Seriously, how do they have that much money, and this little creative imagination? I just don't see how it's possible to have that level of resources, and result in this...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:49 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The sequel trilogy continues to get dumber and dumber
It's more believable than "PALPS SEXY TIME!"

And it explains WHY Palpatine, the most powerful being in the galaxy, would somehow lose track of his offspring - because he was nothing more than garbage to him.

Makes perfect sense.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:28 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's more believable than "PALPS SEXY TIME!"

And it explains WHY Palpatine, the most powerful being in the galaxy, would somehow lose track of his offspring - because he was nothing more than garbage to him.

Makes perfect sense.
Obviously, I haven’t read the novelization but what I have read about it doesn’t appear to make this explanation sensible.

Apparently, Sidious went through clone bodies like water because his Dark Side power and energy were too much for the clones to handle for any substantial period of time.

So with that being the case, and knowing that any clone body would have a limited shelf life, why was Rey’s father’s deemed “defective”? The man obviously lived through the cloning process, met a woman and had a child.

If Sidious was burning through clones, what made this clone disposable when, with all intents and purposes, EVERY clone was disposable?

Again, this explanation doesn’t make any sense.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:40 PM 03-05-2020
I’d have to have more detail I guess.

On its face I don’t mind it.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 38
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Up