ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 71
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!


Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!


Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!



I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:30 AM 03-27-2019
What We Do In Shadows finally here tonight!!



An overview/interview thing discussing how the show came together.

https://www.avclub.com/how-jemaine-c...the-1833196350
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:26 AM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
What We Do In Shadows finally here tonight!!
Monday night this was on for two hours 10p.m.-midnight and I literally laughed out loud 7-8 times.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:39 AM 03-27-2019
Meh. Just from the trailer I don't see it topping the original. If you haven't seen it check it out. The original is easily the funniest piece of comedy gold I've ever had the good fortune of watching.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:40 AM 03-27-2019
We DVR'd New Amsterdam and recently did a binge watch,very good new medical drama that shines light on what is wrong with a lot today's doctors, hospitals and the like.The series follows new medical director Max and his uncustomary approach in treating patients and running a hospital.


[Reply]
Hydrae 12:39 PM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
We DVR'd New Amsterdam and recently did a binge watch,very good new medical drama that shines light on what is wrong with a lot today's doctors, hospitals and the like.The series follows new medical director Max and his uncustomary approach in treating patients and running a hospital.

I would second that. My wife and I have enjoyed watching New Amsterdam. It has not been on the last couple of weeks (The Village, really?). I hope it is back next season!
[Reply]
Frazod 06:07 PM 03-28-2019
This looks pretty interesting. Coming to HBO this May.


[Reply]
Buehler445 08:51 PM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This looks pretty interesting. Coming to HBO this May.

The Chernobyl disaster has always intrigued me. Pretty much everything nuclear has intrigued me, but the Chernobyl stuff is fascinating, the aftermath, what the hot zone is today with people able to go in there now, it sucks me in every time.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:59 PM 03-28-2019
Has "Warrior" been mentioned? From the Banshee people.
[Reply]
Miles 10:02 PM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The Chernobyl disaster has always intrigued me. Pretty much everything nuclear has intrigued me, but the Chernobyl stuff is fascinating, the aftermath, what the hot zone is today with people able to go in there now, it sucks me in every time.
Yeah same here. I even watched the shitty horror movie a few years back.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:20 PM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by Miles:
Yeah same here. I even watched the shitty horror movie a few years back.
I couldn't bring myself to do that. But If there's some shit documentary on it, you bet I'll be glued to it.
[Reply]
Miles 11:20 PM 03-28-2019
Have been catching up on the Starz show Black Sails lately. Mixed bag of decent but not great show show combined with some really great moments of well done piratate action including ship cannons blasting the fuck out of everything.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:42 PM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
currently must-watching are Seal Team
Got around to watching this week's Seal Team. That was a certified BAMF episode.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:44 PM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by Miles:
Have been catching up on the Starz show Black Sails lately. Mixed bag of decent but not great show show combined with some really great moments of well done piratate action including ship cannons blasting the fuck out of everything.
And tits.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:34 PM 03-30-2019
Documentary Now! is on one helluva roll.

I can't even pick a favorite episode this season.

The most recent would probably appeal to the CP crowd in particular, as it lampoons sports docs and mediocre white guy athletes.

it's a King of Kong-type doc on the rise and fall of Televised Pro Bowling, . . . kind of reminiscent of Kingpin as well.

Titled - Any Given Saturday Afternoon.

FTR - The direct doc they are 'satirizing' is A League of Ordinary Gentlemen. Though I'd skip the trailer until you've seen DocNow!, to be surprised how canny the satire is


[Reply]
Simply Red 01:36 PM 03-30-2019
Looking for suggestions on a new or relatively so - series that is of the thriller, horror genre - no fantasy or drama - anyone know of any sleepers like that that they could suggest?
[Reply]
In58men 03-30-2019, 01:49 PM
This message has been deleted by In58men.
Page 56 of 71
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Up