ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
The Lounge>Chiefs hire Brendan Daly (former DL coach for NE)
pugsnotdrugs19 12:25 PM 02-09-2019
https://twitter.com/globejimmcbride/...888424454?s=21 (Sorry, can稚 embed right now)

Originally Posted by :
BREAKING: #Patriots defensive line coach Brendan Daly is leaving for a spot on the Kansas City Chiefs' staff, per league source. - Jim McBride
Another fantastic hire and theft by Spagnuolo and Reid. I致e watched this guy in interviews several times before, always thoroughly impressed.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:33 PM 02-09-2019
I知 rock hard gentlemen. Bring this strategy to KC.

.@RamsNFL v @patriots. 5 on 5; Big on Big. #patriots twists were a problem all night. #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/l9YIrrOXS7

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) February 5, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:34 PM 02-09-2019
If we were to get only one Free agent on this defense who would you want? No trades just free agency. I do believe that Veach will pull some trades this offseason though. The Ward trade paid off big time. Ragland is still a unknown. I’m willing to give him one more year in this defense. But you do draft a OLB and a Safety
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:35 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
If we were to get only one Free agent on this defense who would you want? No trades just free agency. I do believe that Veach will pull some trades this offseason though. The Ward trade paid off big time. Ragland is still a unknown. I知 willing to give him one more year in this defense. But you do draft a OLB and a Safety
Landon Collins
[Reply]
KC Hawks 01:35 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I apologize if this has been talked about - but does Spags have any history with House or Daly?
Both were with Spags on the Rams.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:37 PM 02-09-2019
Given the way defenses have to mutate into hybrid formations throughout a game anymore, I think this is a key hire. If anyone has been in a defense that can\will change from game-game it's this guy.

As far as everyone getting excited about Daly calling stunts and twists I would temper your enthusiasm a bit. Or am I wrong in thinking the DC decides those kinds of things and not the DL coach?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:38 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Both were with Spags on the Rams.
Also worked with the Vikings from 2012-2013. I知 trying to remember anyone good on the D line during that time
[Reply]
petegz28 01:41 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
If we were to get only one Free agent on this defense who would you want? No trades just free agency. I do believe that Veach will pull some trades this offseason though. The Ward trade paid off big time. Ragland is still a unknown. I’m willing to give him one more year in this defense. But you do draft a OLB and a Safety
I think if Spags keeps Ward as a starter then you know you Ward is not necessarily a fluke. Sutton for whatever reason refused to play him until he had too. Now, that's either Sutton being a stubborn dumb **** or Ward not being legit.

Reid apparently was fine with Ward starting
Veach traded for the guy

So I think if Spags keeps him as a starter you know the guy probably has something going for him. If Spags dumps him or pushes him back to a backup spot then I think we are going to see some kind of a FA deal for CB

With Watts coming back and Lucas I think Spags might see them both with enough speed and talent to be our safeties. You still have Dirty Dan if you wanna play 8 in the box. But if we are going to see a lot more Cover-2 and Cover-3 type defenses then I think Lucas and Watts will at least get a chance at starting unless someone is available that you can't pass on.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:42 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
If we were to get only one Free agent on this defense who would you want? No trades just free agency. I do believe that Veach will pull some trades this offseason though. The Ward trade paid off big time. Ragland is still a unknown. I’m willing to give him one more year in this defense. But you do draft a OLB and a Safety
I don't want any big name, high dollar FA unless we're moving an existing asset of the same value.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:44 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I don't want any big name, high dollar FA unless we're moving an exiting asset of the same value.
that sounds good but if we got a chance to get Ramsey or Peterson then you do it regardless...
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:47 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I think if Spags keeps Ward as a starter then you know you Ward is not necessarily a fluke. Sutton for whatever reason refused to play him until he had too. Now, that's either Sutton being a stubborn dumb **** or Ward not being legit.

Reid apparently was fine with Ward starting
Veach traded for the guy

So I think if Spags keeps him as a starter you know the guy probably has something going for him. If Spags dumps him or pushes him back to a backup spot then I think we are going to see some kind of a FA deal for CB

With Watts coming back and Lucas I think Spags might see them both with enough speed and talent to be our safeties. You still have Dirty Dan if you wanna play 8 in the box. But if we are going to see a lot more Cover-2 and Cover-3 type defenses then I think Lucas and Watts will at least get a chance at starting unless someone is available that you can't pass on.
Lucas is a RFA. I still think Veach re signs him. Lucas was really good. Sutton also refused to play him
[Reply]
Chargem 02:01 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
If we were to get only one Free agent on this defense who would you want? No trades just free agency. I do believe that Veach will pull some trades this offseason though. The Ward trade paid off big time. Ragland is still a unknown. I知 willing to give him one more year in this defense. But you do draft a OLB and a Safety
As it stands, I think the 3rd linebacker spot is the one must up in the air so if there was a solid guy who Spags loved for this scheme in there then that's where I would spend my FA dollars.

Although I really would love Earl Thomas, I am starting to think maybe depending on Berry health outlook the Chiefs roll with the safeties they have.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:04 PM 02-09-2019
Certainly can't be a bad move. He knows how to coach.
[Reply]
bricks 02:06 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I知 rock hard gentlemen. Bring this strategy to KC.

Thats a great strategy. Wow. I would love to see that here in KC.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:08 PM 02-09-2019
His wife apparently is from this area. That's gold and puts him in all in mode from family pressure.

"Honey, you will take the KC job and help out my beloved Chiefs. I am sick of being around Boston assholes".
[Reply]
Chief Northman 02:12 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
As it stands, I think the 3rd linebacker spot is the one must up in the air so if there was a solid guy who Spags loved for this scheme in there then that's where I would spend my FA dollars.

Although I really would love Earl Thomas, I am starting to think maybe depending on Berry health outlook the Chiefs roll with the safeties they have.
No offense, but there is no fucking way they stand pat at safety.

Spagnuolo asks a ton out of his safeties in his scheme. Parker/Sorenson/Berry/Murray were all pedestrian or worse last year - at least Sorenson showed signs of life late in the season to perhaps merit a consideration of being retained. The others? GTFO. Expect two safeties that are versatile to garner most of the snaps in this defense. Spagnuolo deploys more corners in nickel/dime than Sutton. In short - the safeties will have to be studs as they will rarely leave the field.

I see one of the big three safeties as the priority FA target:
Collins, Amos or Thomas.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up