Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 05:31 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonatha.../#2eb4eaa55e5a
Kind of looking like this is gonna get bumped back (perhaps significantly) FWIW. DM1 has slipped into March, and it'll come off of the same pad as the next FH launch. I can't imagine it'll be quick to turn around the pad for Heavy after DM1, so if I was placing bets, I'd say FH slips into April.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:54 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Kind of looking like this is gonna get bumped back (perhaps significantly) FWIW. DM1 has slipped into March, and it'll come off of the same pad as the next FH launch. I can't imagine it'll be quick to turn around the pad for Heavy after DM1, so if I was placing bets, I'd say FH slips into April.
I would imagine they're getting pad turn around times down to a matter of days. Easily a week. I still think we can see both launches in March. I think it's more likely that DM-1 gets pushed to after Arabsat-6A actually. Scheduling issues with ISS seem to be the biggest question mark right now.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:01 AM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I would imagine they're getting pad turn around times down to a matter of days. Easily a week. I still think we can see both launches in March. I think it's more likely that DM-1 gets pushed to after Arabsat-6A actually. Scheduling issues with ISS seem to be the biggest question mark right now.
It's more about what they can do in the HIF to me. Can they build a FH when they still have DM1 sitting in there? I really have no idea, but that seems like a pretty tight space. Guess we'll see.

DM-1 is now NET March 2nd fwiw.

https://blogs.nasa.gov/commercialcre...-launch-dates/
[Reply]
unlurking 12:31 PM 02-06-2019
DM-1 has been expected to slip to March since late January. Apparently Roscosmos is rather gabby when it comes to ISS/NASA timelines. lol

The SpaceX HIF has plenty of room for boosters in addition to having an FH already integrated on the TEL. With the Arabsat-6A launch, they don't have the added burden of scheduling ISS, so I can see SpaceX trying to go forward with a FH launch while DM-1 waits in the wings. (Then again, it's more likely my own desire to see another FH launch that I'm looking at it through rose colored glasses.)

[Reply]
DaFace 10:31 AM 02-11-2019
This is almost certainly just the latest example of Elon's insane optimism, but...

This will sound implausible, but I think there’s a path to build Starship / Super Heavy for less than Falcon 9

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 11, 2019

[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:54 PM 02-13-2019
On PBS right now, Rise of the Rockets. I think it is the story of private companies and their rockets. Ok, in a few minutes I guess. 8PM CT.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:15 PM 02-13-2019
Cool, it's available to stream, too (on PBS Roku at least). I'll give it a watch.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:26 PM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Cool, it's available to stream, too (on PBS Roku at least). I'll give it a watch.
Yeah I should have also added it's NOVA.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 133
« First < 3383123129130131132133
Up