ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let Me Apologize About Some Things
gblowfish 09:42 AM 10-19-2021
For some reason, yet to be determined, my scheduled guest writer for the WTF -or is it WFT- game went all Eric Berry on me.

I don't know why.

Hopefully it's nothing serious like a family emergency. Maybe he's trying to write everything in iambic pentameter, or as a Haiiku, or have it translated from the ancient Arabic? Perhaps he's having a hard time presenting his answers in the form of a question? Maybe this is a piece of performance art where he's doing an impression of George Jones?

Maybe the dog ate the homework?

Maybe he gave up football for attending the Renaissance Festival?

Maybe I should accept that sometimes when somebody promises to do something for you, it doesn't always come through. Like the guy who promises you he'll pay you back that hundred dollars by the end of the week. Or the guy who promises the judge he'll make that monthly child support payment. Or when Mel Kiper says Jamarcus Russell will be the next great QB.

Anyway, here's one thing: I'm glad we won this week and that the Bills beat up the Titans really good last night.

Edit: I guess that's two things...BONUS!!

Derrick Henry frightens me.

And here we go on to next week....

Follow up: Just got a PM from the person who says they were in the hospital Sunday. So, OK then...
[Reply]
Lzen 09:48 AM 10-19-2021
Hmmm......I guess I'll let it slide.....THIS TIME!!
[Reply]
TinyEvel 09:48 AM 10-19-2021
You didn't pick X-factor to write the "some things" by any chance, did ya George?

#FANSFIRST
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:51 AM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
You didn't pick X-factor to write the "some things" by any chance, did ya George?

#FANSFIRST
He wanted meth and I don't know where to buy it...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:52 AM 10-19-2021
Did you mean Aramaic?
[Reply]
wazu 09:52 AM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Really? Don't you live in Independence?
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:55 AM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Really? Don't you live in Independence?
Heh, I guess I could go next door and ask to borrow a cup from the neighbor...
[Reply]
Spott 09:55 AM 10-19-2021
Too 10 reasons why George is laying down on the job…
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:04 AM 10-19-2021
A few things about the WFT game (from a drunken perspective)

1) turnovers suck, we should do them less when possible

2) offense found its groove in the second half, hopefully it continues

3) defense played a pretty good game and held WFT to their least amount points this season

4) Next up, Queen Henry and the TanMan

5) Chiefs still gonna win the division
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:11 AM 10-19-2021

Follow up: Just got a PM from the person who says they were in the hospital Sunday.

Did you tell that if he wants to stay out of the hospital he better get his ass to writing?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:13 AM 10-19-2021
Pretty sure you can make your own. I dunno...google it...
[Reply]
stevieray 10:22 AM 10-19-2021
Sorry GMan, the wife has been wearing me out.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:25 AM 10-19-2021
Are you taking volunteers for future 10 Things threads?

Sign me up.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:32 AM 10-19-2021
10 things by XFactor would be $$$.
[Reply]
Otter 10:37 AM 10-19-2021
I'm the culprit here.

There was an incident that occurred of over the weekend and I missed the game. I had some research done and bullet points made up and a pen and paper ready to take notes during the game.

Here's one I never knew from the research:

Originally Posted by :
The team was founded in 1932 as the Boston Braves; it changed its name to the Redskins the following year. The franchise moved to Washington, D.C., in 1937. The team won the 1937 and 1942 NFL championship games and Super Bowls XVII, XXII, and XXVI. Washington has finished a season as league runner-up six times, losing the 1936, 1940, 1943, and 1945 title games and Super Bowls VII and XVIII. With 14 division titles and 24 postseason appearances, they have an overall postseason record of 23–18. Their three Super Bowl wins are tied with the Denver Broncos and Las Vegas Raiders, behind the Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots (six each), San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys (five each), and the Green Bay Packers and New York Giants (four each).
Anyway, I apologize to the board and George. Be careful out there, life comes up and bites ya in the ass without warning sometimes.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up