ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 17
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Trade deadline additions
O.city 09:59 AM 10-18-2021
I don't think they should or will throw any high picks out but looking around the league, who do you guys think they could add that would help?
[Reply]
BossChief 06:52 PM 10-19-2021
Keep in mind that we only have roughly 2.5m in cap space this year.

That’s really only enough to add a marginal veteran.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:03 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Cunningham sucks in coverage as a rule. No thanks. If I were going to try to trade for a LB, it'd probably be making an angle for Deion Jones from Atlanta.
Yep i thought of him the other day too..good player who would fit so well in our system.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:03 PM 10-19-2021
If it weren’t for us not being able to afford his contract, a super intriguing option would be flipping a reasonable pick for Saquan Barkley. If he could be managed so he would be healthy for the playoffs, god damn would he make this offense completely unstoppable.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:11 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
No thanks man, we have Gordon now and we'll see how that shakes out... but all I want right now is defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Absolutely should go all out on defense. If the right RB or WR is there in the middle rounds, cool. Otherwise it should be an all out defense fest this draft and free agency period.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:12 PM 10-19-2021
DE/OLB Shilique Calhoun a Chief.
Darryl Williams released to make room (C, not the RB)
[Reply]
oldman 11:26 PM 10-19-2021
He's going to the PS.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/...arryl-williams

That said, this draft has to be about defense. I never want to see a fiasco like the 2003 no punt game again. Thanks, DICK.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 12:49 AM 10-20-2021
We should sign McKinney off the Giants PS and give him a look at LB.
[Reply]
TEX 04:48 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Mercilus would be tied for a team high in sacks for us. We should be all over it. Our DE's are terrible, there's no push on the ends of our Dline to control the run and QB. If a defense gets a natural "horseshoe" push by their Dline it really helps.
Don't just look at his sack totals and assume he's still good. He is terrible in run support and he does not have a positive win rate when rushing the passer. His sacks have been the product of others doing their jobs and him benefitting greatly.
[Reply]
bobhill 06:18 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Don't just look at his sack totals and assume he's still good. He is terrible in run support and he does not have a positive win rate when rushing the passer. His sacks have been the product of others doing their jobs and him benefitting greatly.
Welll that sounds like he's a great fit. Clark does the pressuring and Whitney cleans it up.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:45 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
He's going to the PS.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/...arryl-williams

That said, this draft has to be about defense. I never want to see a fiasco like the 2003 no punt game again. Thanks, DICK.
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Absolutely should go all out on defense. If the right RB or WR is there in the middle rounds, cool. Otherwise it should be an all out defense fest this draft and free agency period.
While I agree that the focus should be on the defense... it also comes down to value.

Don't pass on a good WR or T option who is higher on your board just to take the best DE or S or CB available, if that WR is ranked higher.

Can't laser focus on one direction, or your risk missing an opportunity to adquately cash in your draft chits.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:51 AM 10-20-2021
What about Taven Bryan? IIRC we thought pretty highly of him, even trying to potentially move up and draft him. Seems like a classic Veach reclamation project to throw a late round pick at, especially since he was a healthy scratch for the first time last week.
[Reply]
O.city 07:52 AM 10-20-2021
This last offseason is a prime example of why you can't always just lock in on a spot. Look what they did with the OL. Great.

But they needed some defense too
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:53 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
This last offseason is a prime example of why you can't always just lock in on a spot. Look what they did with the OL. Great.

On defense I would have cut Hitchens and signed Melvin Ingram.

Once they traded the 1st, there wasn't much draft capital left to make a difference.

They then used their 1st remaining pick on a linebacker.
[Reply]
O.city 07:56 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
On defense I would have cut Hitchens and signed Melvin Ingram.

Once they traded the 1st, there wasn't much draft capital left to make a difference.

They then used their 1st remaining pick on a linebacker.
Hitch is pretty well thought of in the org so he wasn't going anywhere.

I think DE needed to be a bigger priority, but you can also only do so much so I get it.

But you don't knwo what's a hole until it becomes a hole. So just keep stacking talent and go from there.
[Reply]
JPH83 08:06 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

Completely agree with this. It was obviously necessary to find tackles and improve the quality of IOL starters, but with hindsight we might have wanted to focus on other areas a little more.

To be honest though I didn't hate the logic of the approaches to various position groups.

- Late round shot at WR to replace an increasingly injured Watkins and a WR by committee approach
- Late round TE and Fortson elevation to reduce the load on Kelce
- Get younger and cheaper at CB with swings at some first round players that haven't stuck but might have some potential
- Draft a LB with a high floor if maybe a low ceiling
- Improve DL with more rush from Jones on the edge and develop a late round DE pick.

The only issue I had was I felt Reed was being massively over-hyped. Otherwise it all seemed to make sense at the time. Now I wouldn't mind having the Kaindoh and Gray picks again for some CB/LB/WR support. There you go.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 17
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up