ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 56
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:42 PM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Indiana Jones having adventures is a limitless story starting point. All you need is a Macguffin.

He's the American James Bond.
My issue, besides Ford's age, is that three out of the five Indiana Jones film will feature Nazis as the antagonists, which I find to be uncreative, boring and just done.

James Bond went against a number of enemies, from Goldfinger to Blofeld to Scaramanga to Octopussy and even other "Double O" agents.

This movie already feels like it's been done and it hasn't even begun shooting.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 09:15 PM 05-21-2021
Spielberg is a producer? I guess this is happening again

Image: Not Safe for Work

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:27 PM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
My issue, besides Ford's age, is that three out of the five Indiana Jones film will feature Nazis as the antagonists, which I find to be uncreative, boring and just done.
Maybe.

Cant be any worse than the First Order!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:30 PM 05-21-2021
Maybe.

Cant be any worse than the First Order!
I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything about it because I don't mean to rain on yours or anyone else's parade.

I truly hope it's great and if I hear anything exciting in the coming months, I'll be sure to share.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:43 PM 05-21-2021
At this point, I'd almost prefer a reboot to a geriatric Indy. What's he going to do, wheeze on them?

[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:09 AM 05-22-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
At this point, I'd almost prefer a reboot to a geriatric Indy. What's he going to do, wheeze on them?

Angrily shake his whip in the air and shout, “Get off my find!”
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:12 AM 05-22-2021
I really think this will work fine with a good script.

The problem with Indy IV wasn't Ford, or even Lebouf. Or even ancient aliens - that CONCEPT is fine, but the execution was terrible.

It was a bad script.

I've always liked the idea of post WWII Nazis doing anything as a story concept. I hope we get to go to Argentina. In fact, Hitler should be in this. :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:43 AM 05-22-2021
I really think this will work fine with a good script.

The problem with Indy IV wasn't Ford, or even Lebouf. Or even ancient aliens - that CONCEPT is fine, but the execution was terrible.

It was a bad script.

I've always liked the idea of post WWII Nazis doing anything as a story concept. I hope we get to go to Argentina. In fact, Hitler should be in this. :-)
Execution and script may have been issues but, aliens WAS absolutely the biggest problem with it. You have a trilogy in place where all three movies dealt with religion in some fashion and then you follow it up with Indy on the trail of aliens? It just doesn’t fit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:28 PM 05-22-2021
Ancient Aliens WERE a religion for some cultures, is the way you have to look at it.

It's how they handled that concept that was off. A giant fucking grey and a flying saucer in your face at the end ain't it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:47 PM 05-22-2021
Hopefully Harrison Fords finger returns in this.
Attached: 1E354C2D-4C21-407A-98DC-ADBB8EFB5A5F.jpg (76.9 KB) 
[Reply]
notorious 08:09 AM 05-23-2021

That's why Iron Sky kicked ass.
[Reply]
notorious 08:15 AM 05-23-2021
The monkeys/Mutt swinging from trees part killed 4 for me. Might be the single stupidest scene for an adventure movie ever.

They HAVE to get back to practical effects. The CGI is horrible, and what made Indy great was semi-plausible stunts.

Indy didn't have to use his brain to discover much, either. Oxley led them my the nose almost the entire way.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:51 AM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I waited until Crystal Skull was out on DVD for a few years to check it out and while it wasn't great, I did like it better than Temple of Doom.
I'm glad someone else said it.

I love Raiders, Last Crusade was pretty good and I can even enjoy Crystal Skull, but I've always found Temple to be boring. I've watched it a couple times and still have no clue what it's about. I find myself completely tuned out within 15 minutes of turning it on.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:58 AM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm glad someone else said it.

I love Raiders, Last Crusade was pretty good and I can even enjoy Crystal Skull, but I've always found Temple to be boring. I've watched it a couple times and still have no clue what it's about. I find myself completely tuned out within 15 minutes of turning it on.
What it's about? They're fighting over the goddamn sankara stones! It's not a complicated plot.

But the reality is it's about George Lucas' divorce. :-)

I get that people might not like Temple of Doom because it tries to be funnier, and a lot of it was shot on sound stages, but I've never heard anyone say they don't comprehend it.

After escaping Shanghai gangsters, Indy is on his way to Delhi, the plane crashes, some kind villagers take him in and demand he brings back their magic rock in return for helping him, so he overnights at a palace in the middle of nowhere and discovers an ancient thugee cult has stolen the magic rock and enslaved the village's children.

Then he has to go do Indy shit to make the world right again.

That's it. Now you understand the movie. Thanks and enjoy the bridge scene because it's fucking awesome.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:37 PM 05-23-2021
Love Temple of Doom! Yes, the plot is simplistic and the villains are caricatures.

But Spielberg at the top of his action game.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 56
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Up