ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 39
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Media Center>Robert Pattinson... is Batman.
Mephistopheles Janx 11:06 PM 05-16-2019
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

Fucking hell... DC is garbage.
[Reply]
sully1983 09:55 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yes, it was. There was just no way in hell the Joker could have engineered all the crap he pulled off. It was ridiculous. Ledger was a decent Joker, but not as good as Nicholson, and the endless ballwashing of the guy was way over the top. Also, this was the beginning of Nolan's incessant need to make the plot of each movie more and more over-the-top convoluted. I absolutely loathe Nolan at this point and have never been shy about saying it. I disliked the next one even more, didn't care for Inception, hated Interstellar, and when he went all artsy-fartsy time jumping in Dunkirk, that was the last straw. You'd have to Clockwork Orange me to get me to watch another one of his ****ing films.

And it all started here.

And also, Maggie Gyllenhaal is uglier than a bulldog's asshole.
Your comment regarding Maggie Gyllenhaal nearly made me spit out my drink:-) And I agree with it too. On top of being an overrated actress, Maggie is not even remotely attractive (butter face at best) and came across as a stuck up snob Katie Holmes was much more likable and of course way more attractive as Rachel Dawes.

Despite all that, I still consider The Dark Knight to be one of my favorite films ever made and also consider it to be a cinematic game changer. I always thought Heath Ledger was an inspiring / good casting choice for the Joker but I didn't think he would be THAT good.:-) It all came down to the creepy / unique voice and I was in awe of Ledger whenever he was on screen (especially the interrogation scene. Well deserved Oscar win by Ledger).

I also give Nolan a pass for the Joker's vague whereabouts and being able to pull off all the shit he did. Its a comic book movie after all. and doesn't need to be totally grounded or realistic.
Also The Dark Knight features one of my favorite endings ever (the closing monologue by Commissioner Gordon gives me goosebumps every time I give it a re watch)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:15 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Your comment regarding Maggie Gyllenhaal nearly made me spit out my drink:-) And I agree with it too. On top of being an overrated actress, Maggie is not even remotely attractive (butter face at best) and came across as a stuck up snob Katie Holmes was much more likable and of course way more attractive as Rachel Dawes.

Despite all that, I still consider The Dark Knight to be one of my favorite films ever made and also consider it to be a cinematic game changer. I always thought Heath Ledger was an inspiring / good casting choice for the Joker but I didn't think he would be THAT good.:-) It all came down to the creepy / unique voice and I was in awe of Ledger whenever he was on screen (especially the interrogation scene. Well deserved Oscar win by Ledger).

I also give Nolan a pass for the Joker's vague whereabouts and being able to pull off all the shit he did. Its a comic book movie after all. and doesn't need to be totally grounded or realistic.
Also The Dark Knight features one of my favorite endings ever (the closing monologue by Commissioner Gordon gives me goosebumps every time I give it a re watch)
I agree that comic book moves don't have to be grounded or realistic. In fact, I hate when they try to make them that way. That being said, The Dark Knight portrayed itself as a realistic movie so the Joker's ridiculous and contrived plan didn't fit.

Good movie but vastly overrated.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:37 AM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm not seeing any of Burtons campy, cartoonish style at all... this looks like its taking itself seriously
I like a lot of things about the Burton movies and hell, even the awful Schumacher movies that followed them. Cool visuals, memorable soundtracks, absolute nostalgia frickin overload. And I love my 90s nostalgia. But as far as sitting down to watch a movie, I'd sit down to watch the Nolan trilogy before I'd sit down to watch any of those movies again. In fact it's been a while since I watched them. Especially Batman Begins. Might be time to give them a whirl.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:41 AM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I like a lot of things about the Burton movies and hell, even the awful Schumacher movies that followed them. Cool visuals, memorable soundtracks, absolute nostalgia frickin overload. And I love my 90s nostalgia. But as far as sitting down to watch a movie, I'd sit down to watch the Nolan trilogy before I'd sit down to watch any of those movies again. In fact it's been a while since I watched them. Especially Batman Begins. Might be time to give them a whirl.
I loved all of them back in the day, but they just didn't age well IMO... but hey, to each their own :-)
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:03 AM 10-31-2021
The problem with a super serious Batman movie is that it's a story about a guy dressing up as a fucking bat and fighting clowns, penguins, and some dork who has a hardon for riddles.

You have to create a reality where things that are patently absurd can be treated seriously. The "world outside your door" setting just doesn't work for me. The 90s cartoon was set in a Gotham that was part film noir and part World's Fair art deco. There was futuristic technology but the tvs were all black and white.

I'm so damn sick of comic book movies. But I've been a broken record on that subject for 20 years now and things aren't likely to change any time soon.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:32 AM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
The problem with a super serious Batman movie is that it's a story about a guy dressing up as a fucking bat and fighting clowns, penguins, and some dork who has a hardon for riddles.
You have to look at it as a collection of characters who aren't really sane by any normal standard, and Batman as the 'good' crazy guy saving all of us from the 'bad' ones. Bruce Wayne is the fictional alter ego. He no longer exists. He died when his parents did. The Batman/Joker relationship is obvious of course. Catwoman as well. Penguin as a mob boss and Riddler as a serial killer might work.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:46 AM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
The Batman/Joker relationship is obvious of course.

Yes, bats and clowns are natural enemies.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:04 AM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Yes, bats and clowns are natural enemies.
Dang. You missed it that badly? Hard to believe but I guess it happens.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:25 AM 11-01-2021
This glittery vampire girly man better not fuck this up.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:11 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This glittery vampire girly man better not fuck this up.
You can always tell somebody who hasn’t watched Pattinson in the last 10 years when they think of him as the guy from Twilight while questioning his acting ability.

Spoiler Alert: he’s going to knock it out of the fucking park
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:13 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You can always tell somebody who hasn’t watched Pattinson in the last 10 years when they think of him as the guy from Twilight while questioning his acting ability.

Spoiler Alert: he’s going to knock it out of the fucking park
It's like they learned nothing from the Heath Ledger debacle. Literally the same shit is being said now.

Let's wait to see how he does..
[Reply]
staylor26 01:21 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It's like they learned nothing from the Heath Ledger debacle. Literally the same shit is being said now.

Let's wait to see how he does..
Yea, it seems like with Batman in particular, people never give the benefit of the doubt when there is an unexpected casting of a major role. If it’s not an obvious choice, it must be a bad one.

In this case, many just see it as the Twilight guy playing Batman. Pattinson has proven to be a great actor over the last decade. He himself is embarrassed by and hates the Twilight bs.

I have full faith in Pattinson as Batman with Reeves directing.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:45 PM 11-01-2021
To be fair, Pattinson hasn't been helped by all the rumors of how much of a cunt he's been during filming, true or not.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:14 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
To be fair, Pattinson hasn't been helped by all the rumors of how much of a cunt he's been during filming, true or not.
Also to be fair, the last actor to portray Batman wasn’t exactly Mr. Congeniality.
[Reply]
notorious 05:19 PM 11-01-2021
Pattinson will be fine.

Dude can act.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 39
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up