ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 21
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith suffering serious complications.
Sassy Squatch 09:52 AM 12-06-2018
[Bickel] Hearing from several different people over last few days that Alex Smith is having devastating complications from his broken leg surgery battling infection. Supposedly he's had multiple surgeries to try to combat infection. Chances of him playing again in real jeaopardy.

This fucking sucks.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 10:33 AM 12-06-2018
Sorry to hear that. Sucks big time
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:34 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's pretty maddening how some treat infections. I get people in my office all the time with an abscess that's draining and they'll just "well, it doesn't hurt I'll come back when it hurts".

Ok, when it crosses facial planes and gets in your brain, don't call me. Go ahead and go to the ER.
My wife started talking about that stuff when the babies were born. "Oh yeah, they can get a little abscess or something and become vegetables...."

"Wait...what the fuck?! And what do you mean jaundice can short circuit their brains? How the hell did anyone survive infancy 300 years ago?!?"

{Checks infant mortality rates in the 17th century...} Ah....they didn't.
[Reply]
JCBRAVE 10:36 AM 12-06-2018
Sucks to hear this about any player, fortunately hes collected over $140M in career earnings, his family is well taken care of if he cant suit up again.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:37 AM 12-06-2018
Never want to hear those things. Get well soon.
Not about the money at that point. It is about your life.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:38 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
This is very sad. Alex is by all accounts a great guy. Has a foundation to get kids off to college back in his home town of San Diego, and was a good team mate and mentor during his time here in KC. I don't know if he'll ever play again, but I hope they can heal him to the point where he can walk and enjoy raising his kids pain free. I hope he has a great life, and that being a football player will be just one chapter of it.
This x 1000
[Reply]
O.city 10:41 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My wife started talking about that stuff when the babies were born. "Oh yeah, they can get a little abscess or something and become vegetables...."

"Wait...what the ****?! And what do you mean jaundice can short circuit their brains? How the hell did anyone survive infancy 300 years ago?!?"

{Checks infant mortality rates in the 17th century...} Ah....they didn't.
Yeah, I have similar thoughts over immunizations, but that's not for this thread. LOL.

These situations like Alex are scary, but usually they can get it under control.

I've had to place drains in peoples neck and take out a gallon of shit because they didn't think that toothache was that big of a deal, then they get to go spend a month in the hospital.

No thanks. I'll stick to my scraping and drill and fill and let the oral surgeons deal with that shit.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:44 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Ban Clay from the thread before he gives us shit karma and makes us lose a game... again.
I'm sure he'll be along soon to cheer this new development as well
[Reply]
kc rush 10:47 AM 12-06-2018
I was never a fan, but wanted him to do well for the Chiefs when he was on the team. This is bad though. I wouldn't wish that injury or the infection on anyone but the truly evil.

Hope he recovers fully.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 10:51 AM 12-06-2018
Aw damn.. that sucks for anyone. I am a fan of his; he always seemed like a great, genuine guy. He and his family are in my thoughts and prayers for sure.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:51 AM 12-06-2018
OMG. Not good. My uncle had something similar. Ended up have his leg amputated.

Get well Alex.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:54 AM 12-06-2018
Shit man.

Wish the guy the best.

Infection can get fucking nasty fucking quick.
[Reply]
old_geezer 10:55 AM 12-06-2018
My prayers for a fast and full recovery. Football doesn't even enter the picture here. My concern is for Alex the human being; and he's a damn good one.
[Reply]
TLO 10:57 AM 12-06-2018
Hope he has a speedy recovery. Hate hearing this.
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:58 AM 12-06-2018
Hang in there Alex, I know all to we'll how leg infections can cause issues!

Best of luck and prayers, Godspeed!
[Reply]
In58men 10:58 AM 12-06-2018
Shit, I hope he gets better soon. That’s awful.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 21
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up