ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 65
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kelvin Benjamin is available [and has signed with the Chiefs, but not really, just a dumbass bump]
BandwagonChiefsFan 06:47 PM 12-05-2018
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...36043328028672
[Reply]
thegame214 10:01 AM 12-08-2018
Not looking like he's playing Sunday but good to go Thursday vs Chargers.

"Good luck"-" Taken" voice
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:02 AM 12-08-2018
Really wish Pringle didn't get hurt in pre-season he would have been great deep threat with Tyreek Hill. Holy shit balls .
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:32 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by nychief:
desperate? come on.
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Marcus Kemp and Gehrig Dieter are active WRs on our roster. Adding a guy who had first round talent to a reclamation contract for what I'm assuming is vet minimum doesn't say much about Watkins, especially since he's practicing.
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Don't think Watkins had much of anything to do with us signing Benjamin. Veach just loves his reclamation projects.
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
This doesn’t have shit to do with Watkins. You don’t sign a WR into this offense for 4 games + playoffs if you think he’s gonna start or some shit. He won’t even have the offense down.

This guy is literally here to catch a few fade passes in the end zone. That’s it.
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I've never seen a post from you that wasn't stupid, completely insane, or both
Originally Posted by carcosa:
You need to buy some better potato chips, dumbass
Don't doubt my intuition !!:-)

Carcosa, who is the dumbass now ??:-):-)
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:40 AM 12-08-2018
Chiefs Planet will white knight any player signed by the club.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:41 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I actually wonder if with Hunt out, there's an acknowledgement from the Chiefs that we need a different kind of short game. We've got a lot of speed guys. I don't think we want to be feeding kelce 20 times a game. Benjamins not a quick route or separation guy, but he might help us get some of those tough short yards and could be an interesting target in the red zone. You can tell with how much they fed Harris that they're really looking for guys who can win some matchups down low.
:-):-):-)

Best answer yet as to why we signed KB especially now that Watkins continues to be a potato chip.:-)
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:42 AM 12-08-2018
He's Dwayne Bowe 2.0 Not a bad thing, just is who he is. Will help with the loss of Watkins.
[Reply]
prhom 11:15 AM 12-08-2018
Everyone always talks about creating mismatches and exploiting them. We lost Hunt and Watkins so need guys with unique traits to create new ones. I don’t think Dieter, Kemp, or Robinson necessarily present mismatch opportunities. KB probably requires defenses to cover him with certain guys due to his size. If Reid can find ways to use that to manipulate the defense we will have positive results. I’m kind of excited to see what we do with him, to be honest.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:19 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by prhom:
Everyone always talks about creating mismatches and exploiting them. We lost Hunt and Watkins so need guys with unique traits to create new ones. I don’t think Dieter, Kemp, or Robinson necessarily present mismatch opportunities. KB probably requires defenses to cover him with certain guys due to his size. If Reid can find ways to use that to manipulate the defense we will have positive results. I’m kind of excited to see what we do with him, to be honest.
:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:20 AM 12-08-2018
Yup. I think it explains the chaecanderick west signing too. As I talked about before... Kareem was a lot of things, but he wasn't a natural receiver. I think you'll see our RBs motion a lot to the slot or out wide. Don't get me wrong... Kareem is a big loss. But has anyone noticed the last few games mahomes has been holding onto the ball for a while? It's actually not bad timing to make a mid-season adjustment to balance in some short game guys to open up our speed guys.
[Reply]
prhom 11:29 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yup. I think it explains the chaecanderick west signing too. As I talked about before... Kareem was a lot of things, but he wasn't a natural receiver. I think you'll see our RBs motion a lot to the slot or out wide. Don't get me wrong... Kareem is a big loss. But has anyone noticed the last few games mahomes has been holding onto the ball for a while? It's actually not bad timing to make a mid-season adjustment to balance in some short game guys to open up our speed guys.
I have to admit, I don’t get the West signing other than he knows the playbook already. He looked done two years ago and beyond done last year to me. His big plays last year came when he spelled Hunt after he had softened the defense up or we caught them of guard. I don’t think West will have much of an impact at all. I hope I’m wrong, but I would have preferred CJ Anderson. He had 1000 yards last year on a bad broncos team.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:35 AM 12-08-2018
I have to admit, I don’t get the West signing other than he knows the playbook already. He looked done two years ago and beyond done last year to me. His big plays last year came when he spelled Hunt after he had softened the defense up or we caught them of guard. I don’t think West will have much of an impact at all. I hope I’m wrong, but I would have preferred CJ Anderson. He had 1000 yards last year on a bad broncos team.
Cj anderson seems like what we have in ware and Darrell Williams. One cut guys. I don't know how much west adds over Damien williams. But that indicates to me that we need our running backs to be active in the passing game. Not just screens and checkdowns. Sprint routes and lining up wide or in the slot.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:38 AM 12-08-2018
I agree with your assessment of West. CJ is like Watkins and is a potato chip. Like you I agree he is far more talented than West but does not know the playbook and would probably get hurt just within the last 4 games of the season. This was such a huge frustration for Denver all the years he played for them. He would ball for several games then be hurt for a significant time span for several years and why he was not extended and let go. But in this situation I think it was all about the locker room and playbook which I think is a right move since Hunt's departure and KB's arrival. Need to keep the balance and morale in check in the locker room.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:46 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by BottomShelfBoose:
More like the Chiefs all time great hands Jason Avant!

[Reply]
farmerchief 12:32 PM 12-08-2018
I didnt know Harris had a ailing knee, so I guess that explains one of the reasons we signed Benjamin
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:28 PM 12-08-2018
Wasn't high on the Benjamin signing. It's growing on me.

Hopefully he realizes he has a chance to fulfill his potential in this offense, maybe a winning environment/culture who's already established themselves will make this guy tick, he ends up buying in, and he ends up being a weapon on the field.

Couldn't get along w/ overrated ass Cam Newton being the diva in Carolina, and Buffalo would just be a miserable place to play, especially w/ the current state of that franchise. Hopefully a change is what's needed for him.

Evidently they don't believe in Watkins at the moment. I guess Benjamin is a good backup insurance policy to have if he can motivate himself.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 65
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Up