Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:17 AM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I understand putting together a huge bucket of relievers and see who still has it, has recovered to prior form or is ascending. And I approve.

Relievers in 2018 are a violate bunch, You never know from year to year what performance you will get from these guys.

I hope that its just a friendly deal to retire a Cardinal. He was a fun guy to watch in 2011. He contributed significantly to that championship. Was more of a down to earth player than most. I liked the guy a lot. But, as a MLB pitcher, he is done.
Izzy, Franklin, and Big Cheeks have as good a shot as these scrubs...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:33 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Izzy, Franklin, and Big Cheeks have as good a shot as these scrubs...
motte? Yes. Norris? He might have some value if he pitches like the first half of the season. None of these guys are making bank so it’s not a gamble that hampers us.
[Reply]
VAChief 01:36 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I always liked Motte, but does he have anything left? I guess a minor league deal can't hurt.
I liked Motte, but no he has nothing left. Honestly even 2011 Motte would not be as effective now. His velocity then stood out still, it wouldn’t be enough now. Hitters see too many of those now. He would need at least an average secondary pitch that he could throw for a strike. Kimbrel has had staying power as a closer because he can drop that hammer for a strike with consistency. Something Rosie could show at times, but far from consistently.
[Reply]
VAChief 01:44 PM 02-17-2018
I think they know these guys are all crap, but they think they have in house options that are within a year away and they don’t want to pay a reliever or starter for a multi year deal when they think they can fill in next year from depth. I think they still could have gotten a Reed for the pen in that same thought process. They are also banking big on a Waino miracle.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:57 PM 02-17-2018
They're minor league deals. They mean nothing. It's an invite, not a spot on the club.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:44 AM 02-21-2018
I hear Dave Veres and Jeff Fasero are available.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:13 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I hear Dave Veres and Jeff Fasero are available.
I would take the Hungarian over bringing that turd Motte back.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:59 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I would take the Hungarian over bringing that turd Motte back.
Motte ain’t making this team.
[Reply]
O.city 11:05 AM 02-21-2018
Carp already having back issues. So that’s nice
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:15 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Carp already having back issues. So that’s nice
bigger issue is him not batting leadoff. He has some mental block about not batting lead off. We lost games because they dropped him in the lineup. He goes back to leadoff and he’s back to his old self.

Maybe he’s over that mental thing now?
[Reply]
O.city 11:24 AM 02-21-2018
They should have traded him at the deadline last year anyway but yeah he’s a headcase
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:18 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
They should have traded him at the deadline last year anyway but yeah he’s a headcase
looks like the Cards are hoping Martinez can at least be a functional MLB player for the times Carp is out.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:15 PM 02-23-2018
Flaherty looked really good today.

Hicks is going to be our closer in 2018. His fastball/slider will play well right now at the MLB level. Excellent movement on both pitches.
[Reply]
Mi_chief_fan 06:53 AM 02-24-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Flaherty looked really good today.

Hicks is going to be our closer in 2018. His fastball/slider will play well right now at the MLB level. Excellent movement on both pitches.
He's too good of a prospect to relegate to the bullpen.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:16 AM 02-24-2018
Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan:
He's too good of a prospect to relegate to the bullpen.
Its the first time I've ever saw his pitch. I know its spring training. But, facing Miami's low quality hitters was irrelevant to the movement on his pitches.

I was impressed with the movement on his fastball, that thing jumps on the hitter. I dont know how hitters are going to square it up. His slider looked like the fastball down the middle and it ends up off the plate.

Waino, Martinez both started out in the bullpen and then moved on to starting. Why cant he?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 301
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up