Page 101 of 298
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:57 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
What sucks is that they just DID gut the D. THeres what, like 7 or 8 new starters on that side of the ball this year?

Sadly, I don't think this front office knows how to build a defense.

Veach can get blamed, but we all know Andy is pulling the strings.
very true and Sutton was kept because they basically said it wasn't his fault. Well they bring in 8 new starters on D so whose fault is it now and let's not pretend Bob had zero input on this because he did.
[Reply]
O.city 12:57 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
So where do we go from here? Should we just stop caring about the defense and load the offense? Should we just trade for starters since they can't draft defensive starters on their own? Gut the entire ****ing thing?
You aren't gonna be able to gut it again, they just did that.

Ride this fucking burning ship off a cliff, clean it out I guess. I dunno.

They can fire whoever they want, as long as the personnel sucks, it won't matter.

Look for a new GM.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:57 PM 10-15-2018
What sucks is that they just DID gut the D. THeres what, like 7 or 8 new starters on that side of the ball this year?

Well, we added 2 players in Fuller and Hitchens that were quite good at their jobs last year. Why haven't they sustained that success here?
[Reply]
O.city 12:58 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
very true and Sutton was kept because they basically said it wasn't his fault. Well they bring in 8 new starters on D so whose fault is it now and let's not pretend Bob had zero input on this because he did.
I've seen Sutton put good defenses on the field when he has the talent to do it.

I haven't seen Veach draft or put good talent out there.

Fire Sutton if you want I guess. In the end, until theres talent there, I don't know that it matters.

Of course, the talent that's there now and gets paid a lot can't play so who the hell knows what to do.
[Reply]
O.city 12:59 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, we added 2 players in Fuller and Hitchens that were quite good at their jobs last year. Why haven't they sustained that success here?
They're put into a new system that they have to think thru and can't just play? I dunno.

Again, fire Sutton, gut the coaching staff, doesn't matter to me.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:01 PM 10-15-2018

Andy is 100% pulling strings, as he should be. This is the NFL of 2018, it's all about the O, and taking advantage of the score-happy rules. And he still has a LONG way to go with teaching this crew to draw DPI and DH flags. So there's room to grow this already awesome offense... That's great.

What's NOT great is just how much he's sacrificed on the D side. I'm not sure you don't have to try to be this bad to be this bad! What's terrible is not being willing to even try a new DC this year after years of Bob proving that he's not the man. That sucks...
[Reply]
O.city 01:03 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Andy is 100% pulling strings, as he should be. This is the NFL of 2018, it's all about the O, and taking advantage of the score-happy rules. And he still has a LONG way to go with teaching this crew to draw DPI and DH flags. So there's room to grow this already awesome offense... That's great.

What's NOT great is just how much he's sacrificed on the D side. I'm not sure you don't have to try to be this bad to be this bad! What's terrible is not being willing to even try a new DC this year after years of Bob proving that he's not the man. That sucks...
Your new DC is gonna be someone on the D staff now. Theres no point in that other than optics.

They haven't sacrificed anything on d. Theres a shitload of money on the d that's supposed to be the studs and they're always hurt. That and they haven't drafted well defensively and won't play recent picks enough to develop anyway.

It's an organizational failure.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:05 PM 10-15-2018
Only way a new DC does anything substantial is if it's a complete shift to a 4-3. Leave this hybrid bullshit behind and run a constant rotating 4 man front with changing pieces behind it. 4-3-4, 4-2-5, fucking 4-1-6, whatever shit you need to do to succeed.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:09 PM 10-15-2018
I've seen Sutton put good defenses on the field when he has the talent to do it.

Fire Sutton if you want I guess. In the end, until theres talent there, I don't know that it matters.

Of course, the talent that's there now and gets paid a lot can't play so who the hell knows what to do.
I guess but I highly doubt Veach doesn't ask Bob his opinions prior to any decision they make.

Also I have seen flashes from the young guys that were drafted and they just need the opportunity IMO. To start with I would put Niemann in right now over Ragland.
[Reply]
O.city 01:21 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Only way a new DC does anything substantial is if it's a complete shift to a 4-3. Leave this hybrid bullshit behind and run a constant rotating 4 man front with changing pieces behind it. 4-3-4, 4-2-5, ****ing 4-1-6, whatever shit you need to do to succeed.
You're in the base what, 25% of the time?

I don't know how much that changes anything really at this point. They have too many guys that can't do multiple things. You get in the base, they'll throw it on your ILB's (or just run right at them) you get in the nickel and dime stuff and you get ran over.

You can't have ILB's that can't play. It kills you.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:24 PM 10-15-2018

You didn’t see Veach put good talent out there?

Speaks had a sack, FF, almost another sack and was getting pressure in his first start.

Nnandi has been a solid DL who has actually done a good job.

Watts flashed with a sack and good coverage in back-to-back games. He broke up a big 3rd down pass.

Tremon Smith flashed big time on ST’s.

Lucas has looked really good in back-to-back games.

It hasn’t all been bad even though Hitchens/Ragland make it seem that way.
[Reply]
O.city 01:27 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You didn’t see Veach put good talent out there?

Speaks had a sack, FF, almost another sack and was getting pressure in his first start.

Nnandi has been a solid DL who has actually done a good job.

Watts flashed with a sack and good coverage in back-to-back games. He broke up a big 3rd down pass.

Tremon Smith flashed big time on ST’s.

Lucas has looked really good in back-to-back games.

It hasn’t all been bad even though Hitchens/Ragland make it seem that way.
Guys flash. Shitty players are still NFL players. At this point, flashes don't really help much.

Who put Hitchens and Ragland out there? Yeah, that would be Veach.

I don't mind giving him a break on the safety situation. Injuries decimated it, it happens.
[Reply]
O.city 01:30 PM 10-15-2018
The vocal leader on the Chiefs d doesn't even suit up. Why the fuck do they even let him do shit like that weekly?

Come on. You can't even bother to play, you're hurt, but you can travel with the team and say loud words.

GTFO.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 01:30 PM 10-15-2018
You aren't gonna be able to gut it again, they just did that.

Ride this ****ing burning ship off a cliff, clean it out I guess. I dunno.

They can fire whoever they want, as long as the personnel sucks, it won't matter.

Look for a new GM.
How do you know it's not the staff's inability to develop talent?

We have players regressing before our eyes and our young guys often seem eternally stuck at the same level as their rookie seasons. Players come from other teams and instantly become worse. Ragland was fine last year, why is he such a disaster this season?

Only a few guys are going to just be awesome right away. The problem is our guys never seem to improve. Our players are always staying the same or getting worse. Something is terribly wrong.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:31 PM 10-15-2018
The vocal leader on the Chiefs d doesn't even suit up. Why the fuck do they even let him do shit like that weekly?

Come on. You can't even bother to play, you're hurt, but you can travel with the team and say loud words.

GTFO.
This. Not going to play? Stay the fuck home.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 298
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Up