Nzoner's Game Room>Bitcoin Take?
ChiefRocka 11:41 AM 02-15-2013
Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:46 AM 05-17-2019
Dropping like it's hot today.

Waiting for the bottom so I can buy up more. Buying low selling high. Having a good time with it. B
[Reply]
-King- 09:48 AM 05-17-2019
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3102645

Abstract
Cryptocurrencies are among the largest unregulated markets in the world. We find that approximately one-quarter of bitcoin users are involved in illegal activity. We estimate that around $76 billion of illegal activity per year involves bitcoin (46% of bitcoin transactions), which is close to the scale of the US and European markets for illegal drugs. The illegal share of bitcoin activity declines with mainstream interest in bitcoin and with the emergence of more opaque cryptocurrencies. The techniques developed in this paper have applications in cryptocurrency surveillance. Our findings suggest that cryptocurrencies are transforming the black markets by enabling “black e-commerce.”
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:51 AM 05-17-2019
That’s cool! Thanks for the post King..
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:41 AM 05-17-2019
I bought into the hype and determined it was the next big dot.com. I figured it would come back down but the speed in which it went up and down can be attributed to the internet and 24x7 trading.

I waited until this time to get out. The thing that got me was the transactions are so damn expensive. I bought Litecoin for this reason - much cheaper to use.

But in the end, I got out and came close to breaking even. Gonna take my winnings and buy some Gold now.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:43 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Cash is used far more often than crypto in illegal transactions.
For buying drugs online? Definitely not.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:50 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
For buying drugs online? Definitely not.
I guess I’m not sure what your point is. You’re okay with people buying illegal drugs, unless it’s done online using Bitcoin, then it’s bad?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:53 AM 05-17-2019
I guess I’m not sure what your point is. You’re okay with people buying illegal drugs, unless it’s done online using Bitcoin, then it’s bad?
It's an example where people in the trade do not want a paper trail and these buttcoins make it rather easy to avoid having one.

There aren't really any practical legal use for these things because people generally aren't okay with accepting a currency that may or may not lose a quarter of it's volume each time a drug dealer cashes out.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:55 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
I bought into the hype and determined it was the next big dot.com. I figured it would come back down but the speed in which it went up and down can be attributed to the internet and 24x7 trading.

I waited until this time to get out. The thing that got me was the transactions are so damn expensive. I bought Litecoin for this reason - much cheaper to use.

But in the end, I got out and came close to breaking even. Gonna take my winnings and buy some Gold now.
Up until recently, I was paying about .20 cents to send upwards of 3 thousand dollars. Bitcoin fees did spike up quit a bit towards the end of this bull run, but not egregious.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 12:10 PM 05-17-2019
It's an example where people in the trade do not want a paper trail and these buttcoins make it rather easy to avoid having one.

There aren't really any practical legal use for these things because people generally aren't okay with accepting a currency that may or may not lose a quarter of it's volume each time a drug dealer cashes out.
Bitcoin is 100% transparent. Anyone can look at the ledger and see where any coin has been at any time.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:42 PM 05-17-2019
Bitcoin is 100% transparent. Anyone can look at the ledger and see where any coin has been at any time.
Transactions don't say XxdrugdealerxX just sold 500 buttcoins. Would of been better off investing in actual companies in the same time frame with the benefit of receiving something of actual value when you invest your actual money.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:00 PM 05-17-2019
Transactions don't say XxdrugdealerxX just sold 500 buttcoins. Would of been better off investing in actual companies in the same time frame with the benefit of receiving something of actual value when you invest your actual money.
I absolutely would not have been better off with anything in the stock market from when I started investing.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:01 PM 05-17-2019
I absolutely would not have been better off with anything in the stock market from when I started investing.
I mean, I’m sure you could cherry pick a few stocks that are up >500% in the last two years, but I feel that I have done very well so far on my initial investment.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 11:00 AM 05-20-2019
60 Minutes Anderson Cooper segment

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bitcoin...es-2019-05-19/
[Reply]
teedubya 02:06 PM 05-20-2019
Chaching... It's nice to see the cryptos up over these past couple weeks.
[Reply]
EricBerryismyBae 04:55 PM 05-21-2019
To anyone who still believes in the profound impact of blockchain and its ability to alter the status quo look into Chainlink. Decentralized oracle platform which is poised to dominate and facilitate the explosion of smart contacts in the coming years. Was hanging around .40 a few weeks ago and has exploded to 1.20 since then. Mainnet launch is May 31and theres a lot of belief the price will surge and never look back. Please buy and hold until 2020/2021!
[Reply]
Page 115 of 261
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Up