ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Upgrading the offensive line (...or not?)
RealSNR 05:06 PM 02-09-2019
Due to the nature of large threads, several days ago the Spagnuolo thread kind of veered off for awhile into a discussion about offensive line. I thought an interesting conversation got going while we were on the subject of drafting/developing players cheaply when we Mahomes eventually needs to get paid and how we can get a head start on gaining some of that flexibility.

These are the Chiefs OL who are 2019 free agents:

Mitch Morse
Jordan Devey
Jeff Allen

If we just let them walk, we'd be left with:

Austin Reiter
Jimmy Murray
Kahlil McKenzie
Andrew Wylie
Eric Fisher
Mitch Schwartz
Cam Erving
LDT

Plus the following dudes from the practice squad if you want to be "official":

Ryan Hunter
Pace Murphy

How much investment in OL do you think is optimal? Are you satisfied with the developmental guys on the roster, or would you go so far to use even a 2nd rounder to replace Morse? Would you take it a step further and also invest in finding a better LG or even backup OT?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:43 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
When did LDT return to the line up?
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
LDT didn't get to return to the lineup after his injury......
My bad. For some reason I thought he returned.:-)

Guess my football eyes weren't focused right huh?:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:56 PM 02-10-2019
The problem was Wylie. We missed LDT very badly when he got hurt and it showed against good teams.

I don’t hate Reiter or Wylie. They are great backups who can be decent if they have to start a few games, but they aren’t starters.

I still think McKenzie was drafted to replace Morse. Dude has the perfect body type to play C and had a full season to learn the position.

Take an OL in the 5th or later and start reloading it with early picks in 2020. Having said that, Andy will probably draft a guy early this year just bc he loves databases.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:22 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The problem was Wylie. We missed LDT very badly when he got hurt and it showed against good teams.

I don’t hate Reiter or Wylie. They are great backups who can be decent if they have to start a few games, but they aren’t starters.

I still think McKenzie was drafted to replace Morse. Dude has the perfect body type to play C and had a full season to learn the position.

Take an OL in the 5th or later and start reloading it with early picks in 2020. Having said that, Andy will probably draft a guy early this year just bc he loves databases.
Let's do all of this minus that last sentence. :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:43 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I get it CP loves their scrubs. Yall convinced yourselves Scandrick was better than Peters :-)
Lol idiot ass motherfuckers. Chiefshrink might be the weirdest dude on here too. We have weird users, but CS takes the cake.
[Reply]
scho63 08:30 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Would a black center be any better???
I like the fat whitey heifers :-)
[Reply]
scho63 08:32 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Yeah I am serious. I know we have needs all over the D, but we now have Reiter as our starter with Erving as his backup. :-) Since we don't have a 4th round pick we would be have to pick on in the 5th and by then you are so deep into that C position that there is not going to be much if any difference between the 5th and an UDFA. We definitely need to upgrade the Defense but we need to keep Mahomes healthy and upright.
Who covered for Morse while he was out? Didn't he do an excellent job, some say better than Morse? :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up