ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Selling a house
Bugeater 01:28 AM 02-07-2019
Is fucking maddening. It's nothing but a goddamn string of useless fucking people with their hands out wanting money.

Seller's agent: Try to get you to underprice your home for a quick, easy sale. Not good at keeping you informed.

Buyers agent: Sit around and wait for a buyer to find something they like online, and go unlock a fucking door for them.

Home inspectors: Biggest fucking sham ever. OH WE PROTECT THE BUYER. Yeah just the dumbass lazy buyers who aren't capable of walking around a house and spotting obvious defects on their own. Mostly a way to extort more money from the seller after a deal has been made.

And the closing costs...title fee escrow fee tax stamp blah blah blah what in the earthly fuck is all this shit?

$205,000 house....$25,000 just GONE off the top.

Hopefully I'll die in the next house we buy so I don't ever have to go through this shit again.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:21 PM 02-08-2019
This house is really funky. It looks like a set from a 1971 television show. But I like it, and it seems like a good price. It's also close to a grocery store and a couple of restaurants.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-18494?view=qv
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:28 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This house is really funky. It looks like a set from a 1971 television show. But I like it, and it seems like a good price. It's also close to a grocery store and a couple of restaurants.

That house needs 30K or more in upgrades.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:34 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
That house needs 30K or more in upgrades.
Only if you didn't like the 1970s. If you did, then it's perfect.

I'm intrigued by the pillar in the living room, and the fact that the stairwell down is basically a hole in the middle of the floor. And if you look at picture 18, what's that thing inside the pillar? I have no idea.
[Reply]
007 03:42 PM 02-08-2019
Only if you didn't like the 1970s. If you did, then it's perfect.

I'm intrigued by the pillar in the living room, and the fact that the stairwell down is basically a hole in the middle of the floor. And if you look at picture 18, what's that thing inside the pillar? I have no idea.
I think bug should look at it this weekend and report back.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:51 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
I think bug should look at it this weekend and report back.
I really need to know. I can't even fathom a guess. It looks like a dartboard or a big Ritz cracker box. Whatever it is, they built an entire column around it from floor to ceiling, because Photo 18 shows us that it's not a structural column.

I bet it's a set of controls that raises a trap door and turns the stairwell into a solid floor.
[Reply]
2112 04:50 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
BTW, the dwelling from my famous haunted house story is in Cheyenne. It's on the base, though, so you're probably safe.
Can we do a seance and have them channel through you from afar? Just don’t bring any guns with you. A possessed Frazod with a weapon is scary.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:08 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by D2112:
Can we do a seance and have them channel through you from afar? Just don’t bring any guns with you. A possessed Frazod with a weapon is scary.
Probably wouldn't be worse than any other day I have a gun. :-)

The ghost I heard didn't seem to be malevolent, though. No flying objects or slamming doors, and I never saw anything. He just paced back and forth in that attic room, and the sound could only be heard from that one bedroom. When I slept downstairs on the couch the following night I had no issues at all.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:20 PM 02-08-2019
This is a bit out of the way, but some of the amenities within are quite desirable

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...2_M30313-43079

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sorce 09:27 PM 02-08-2019
We are putting our old house on the market in about a week. Hope it goes better than this, realtor is family so i'm guessing we are in a better position.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:37 PM 02-08-2019
To me some of those costs are high compared to my market. Title company stuff seems high. Taxes you have to pay them anyways, no big deal there.

You paying the buyer's closing costs should have been negotiable unless they are getting a government loan (FHA, USDA, VA) that requires for that to be in there. Agent should have helped explain that if that was the case in the initial offer.

Inspectors and disclosures suck major ass. But still beats a potential lawsuit.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:40 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
This is a bit out of the way, but some of the amenities within are quite desirable

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...2_M30313-43079

Spoiler!
Will the Realtor help show me how that pillory on the bed operates?

And that big hand-looking thing in the bottom left of Picture 42. I'm concerned about that hand.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:19 AM 02-09-2019

It's real close to our hotel... We're going to look at it
[Reply]
MahiMike 02:07 PM 02-09-2019
It's all about the realtor. I've sold over 25 homes and always find a good team. Transaction costs are part of the deal and have to be factored in the equation. I live in Florida and just sold a home in KC. Start to finish took 60 days and I was able to manage from Florida. If you need a good team in KC, pm me.
[Reply]
Donger 02:25 PM 02-09-2019
$90 a SF...

Good lord.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:11 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
It's real close to our hotel... We're going to look at it
WHAT IS THAT THING INSIDE THE COLUMN? I HAVE TO KNOW!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up