ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Selling a house
Bugeater 01:28 AM 02-07-2019
Is fucking maddening. It's nothing but a goddamn string of useless fucking people with their hands out wanting money.

Seller's agent: Try to get you to underprice your home for a quick, easy sale. Not good at keeping you informed.

Buyers agent: Sit around and wait for a buyer to find something they like online, and go unlock a fucking door for them.

Home inspectors: Biggest fucking sham ever. OH WE PROTECT THE BUYER. Yeah just the dumbass lazy buyers who aren't capable of walking around a house and spotting obvious defects on their own. Mostly a way to extort more money from the seller after a deal has been made.

And the closing costs...title fee escrow fee tax stamp blah blah blah what in the earthly fuck is all this shit?

$205,000 house....$25,000 just GONE off the top.

Hopefully I'll die in the next house we buy so I don't ever have to go through this shit again.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:07 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by D2112:
I guess I’ll have to figure out the logistics for Cheyenne aka pigsknuckle V2.0. Probably 2020. They got bears there in the summer? Be careful riding your bike lol

One thing I would warn you about (as far as Cheyenne goes) - get ready to experience wind.....Lots and lots of wind....BIG wind...BIG, BIG wind.......
[Reply]
Frazod 11:10 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
One thing I would warn you about (as far as Cheyenne goes) - get ready to experience wind.....Lots and lots of wind....BIG wind...BIG, BIG wind.......
And elevation. Cheyenne is actually a couple thousand feet higher than Denver.

The whole big sky thing is kind of cool, though. You definitely notice it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:38 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Sernil:
I get you 100%, had to go through the same sh*t several times in my life. Until I started to work remotely and didn't need to stay in US at all. Sold everything and bought properties in Greece through Tranio as it is much cheaper there, less taxes and headaches. No I rent one out and live in another one plus my work. More than enough for living and enjoying life.
Yeah, but don't you have to worry about Persian invasions?
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:42 AM 02-08-2019
Here's a cool looking house in Cheyenne, and you can walk to downtown.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-56453?view=qv
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:49 AM 02-08-2019
This one's a good fixer-upper if you've got the right skill set, and you know you've got the right skill set. It's also two blocks from a park, two blocks from an ice cream shop, and walking distance from downtown. The downside is that it's only a couple of blocks from a whole lot of railroad tracks. Wear earplugs.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-54872?view=qv
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:52 AM 02-08-2019
This one doesn't have great curb appeal, but the inside is pretty nice and you could enclose all of the carports to make a great workshop or something. Downside: it's close to the highway and not close to other stuff.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-09622?view=qv
[Reply]
2112 11:54 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Cheyenne's in the open prairie part of the state. I assume the bears are elsewhere.

And the logistics of getting there are fly to Denver, rent a car, drive north for an hour and a half.
Sounds like a late summer/fall trip. There ain’t know way I’m going there in the winter. Deadwood is only 4 1/2 hours away and that’s on my bucket list.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:59 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by D2112:
Sounds like a late summer/fall trip. There ain’t know way I’m going there in the winter. Deadwood is only 4 1/2 hours away and that’s on my bucket list.
I've actually done that drive - a lot of it is on 2-lane roads, but as you might guess there's never much traffic.

Allot yourself quite a bit of time in the Black Hills, though. There's a lot more to it than just Deadwood.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:31 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This one doesn't have great curb appeal, but the inside is pretty nice and you could enclose all of the carports to make a great workshop or something. Downside: it's close to the highway and not close to other stuff.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-09622?view=qv
That one has a contract pending, but it was on the market a really long time. I really like the place but the big turn off for us was a septic system and no city water. Which is a bit odd since it is actually well into the city.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:34 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Cheyenne's in the open prairie part of the state. I assume the bears are elsewhere.

And the logistics of getting there are fly to Denver, rent a car, drive north for an hour and a half.
Ok..ok...I'll come pick you up. Sheesh.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:53 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
That one has a contract pending, but it was on the market a really long time. I really like the place but the big turn off for us was a septic system and no city water. Which is a bit odd since it is actually well into the city.
Oh. Yeah, that's a big downside.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:56 PM 02-08-2019
Fuck that - I'll drive. I'm not flying into Denver. Ick. :-)

But I don't think Jim's gonna drive from New Jersey. :-)
[Reply]
2112 02:56 PM 02-08-2019
Lol
[Reply]
Frazod 02:58 PM 02-08-2019
BTW, the dwelling from my famous haunted house story is in Cheyenne. It's on the base, though, so you're probably safe.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:16 PM 02-08-2019
This California-style ranch just came on the market an hour ago. It's dated, but it's dated just the right amount to be cool retro.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-94977?view=qv

It's walking distance to a grocery store, which is a big win, and it's only half a mile to a Wendy's. I like Wendy's.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up