ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 40
« First < 293536373839 40 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 01:21 PM 02-13-2020
2020 Opening Day Lineup

Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:33 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by Miles:
Just saw this summary on mlbtraderumors

St. Louis is now getting one of the game’s premier infielders, and the team will reportedly add another year and $15MM to Arenado’s contract. As such, he’ll be signed through 2027 at $214MM. The Rockies will absorb $51MM, including some in deferrals, according to Feinsand. The Rockies will pay all of Arenado’s $35MM salary in 2021, Jon Morosi of MLB.com relays.

Along with the added value to his deal, Arenado will be able to opt out of his pact after either of the next two seasons (the Cardinals added the second opt-out as part of the trade; most of the money the Rox owe will be after the opt-outs, Feinsand adds).
the Cardinals gave him more money and another opt-out year? Why? To waive his no trade clause?
[Reply]
Miles 10:53 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
the Cardinals gave him more money and another opt-out year? Why? To waive his no trade clause?
Yeah I think it was all part of getting him to waive the no trade clause which I guess is a little odd given that it seems he really wanted out of there.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:05 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by Miles:
Yeah I think it was all part of getting him to waive the no trade clause which I guess is a little odd given that it seems he really wanted out of there.
I guess they are thinking like Holliday and Goldy, they will like it so much, they will chose to stay. STL fans have always appreciated good defense. I could see him staying and becoming a red coater some day.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:57 AM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
My understanding the more money and the additional opt-out year was given to appease the MLBPA, which had to sign off on the trade.

The MLBPA is not going to sign off on a trade when a star player loses benefits, potentially hurting future players.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 03:26 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
My understanding the more money and the additional opt-out year was given to appease the MLBPA, which had to sign off on the trade.

The MLBPA is not going to sign off on a trade when a star player loses benefits, potentially hurting future players.
Yep, this exactly. During today's press conference, Arenado says he wants to be in STL for a long time and he recognized that this is player-speak and acknowledged he really meant it.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:28 PM 02-03-2021
Wong just signed a two year deal with Milwaukee.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:41 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Of course he did, and we will be stuck with broke dick sucks at everything Marp at 2nd base.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 02:46 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Of course he did, and we will be stuck with broke dick sucks at everything Marp at 2nd base.
I think this will be Edman's role to lose with Marp serving as super-utility/DH.
[Reply]
VAChief 02:49 PM 02-03-2021
Or the 2nd game of a double header outfield of O'Neill, Fowler and Carpenter.:-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:16 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
I think this will be Edman's role to lose with Marp serving as super-utility/DH.
DH? :-)

BTW that abomination of a rule wont be in the NL this season.

Originally Posted by :
On Monday, it was reported that the MLBPA has rejected Major League Baseball’s offer of a DH in the National League and of continuing expanded playoffs.

[Reply]
Miles 05:12 PM 02-03-2021
Looks like Wong received 2/18M with a team option year for another 8M.

Pretty decent price for him and would have been nice to have had him back around that. Roughly what they've handed out to broken relievers in recent years. Guess the Cards may have just penciled in Edman at 2nd and moved on.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:15 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Good
[Reply]
Miles 05:15 PM 02-03-2021
DH? :-)

BTW that abomination of a rule wont be in the NL this season.
Might have been more about the expanded playoffs. I’d though the MLBPA generally likes the DH since it can potentially get another roster spot paid more than a typical bench guy. Also hope it stays gone as well.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:43 PM 02-04-2021

OFFICIAL: The #Angels have acquired OF Dexter Fowler and cash considerations from the St. Louis Cardinals.

Welcome to the Halos, @DexterFowler! 🙌 pic.twitter.com/BdcYTW8a0N

— Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) February 5, 2021

See you in shitville, queer.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 09:57 PM 02-04-2021
In a matter of a week, we’ve resigned Wainwright, traded for Arenado (for peanuts and zero cost in 2021), and somehow got rid of Fowler’s $14+ million for 2021. Well done, Mo. Now get us a pitcher and another bat (besides Yadi).
[Reply]
Page 39 of 40
« First < 293536373839 40 >
Up