ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 40
« First < 273334353637 383940 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 01:21 PM 02-13-2020
2020 Opening Day Lineup

Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
Marco Polo 08:58 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
What other moves are you going to make, though? Cardinals were terrible in scoring runs but your pitching wasn't that good either. Probably favorites to win the NLC now because everyone else is selling, but 2 of the best offenses in baseball are out west and one also has the best pitching in baseball and the other traded for 2 aces.

Our pitching staff underperformed last year, no doubt, but I expect a bounce back year overall, including Flaherty, who is pumped about this trade (which helps with future long term extension). We get Hicks back and have Liberatore and others waiting to come up. Hitting had been our Achilles heel since the days of Pujols and Holliday. I just never thought this would actually happen and not give up any of our top 8 prospects.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:58 AM 01-30-2021
As a Rockies fan, I'm gutted. Nolan was literally the only reason for watching games these past few years. I'm glad that he'll actually have a chance to play on a winning team, but man...I'm glad I have the Chiefs, too.
[Reply]
tmax63 09:38 AM 01-30-2021
As a used-to-be Rockies fan living close to Colorado Springs this closes my book on them. The Rockies moved their triple-A team away a couple of years ago and now they PAY 50mil to get rid of the best 3rd baseman that has played the game in a generation. They are the Houston of MLB.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:11 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by tmax63:
As a used-to-be Rockies fan living close to Colorado Springs this closes my book on them. The Rockies moved their triple-A team away a couple of years ago and now they PAY 50mil to get rid of the best 3rd baseman that has played the game in a generation. They are the Houston of MLB.
Calling Arenado the best of a generation is a bit of a stretch. He is very good and for a couple of his years was the best but he is 4th in fWAR among 3B since 2013 when he entered the league. He is 3rd in fWAR since 2016 when he actually became a power hitter, solidly behind Jose Ramirez and Anthony Rendon.
[Reply]
tmax63 10:25 AM 01-30-2021
Nobody plays the hot corner even close to Arenado. He gets errors on plays that any other 3rd baseman watches go by for hits. He might not be the best hitting 3rd baseman in this generation but as a complete player I stand by my statement.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:40 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Nobody plays the hot corner even close to Arenado. He gets errors on plays that any other 3rd baseman watches go by for hits. He might not be the best hitting 3rd baseman in this generation but as a complete player I stand by my statement.
JD is just pissed the scrubs are looking at 3 years of ~70 wins.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:32 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Inb4 5 paragraph shitfit
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:32 PM 01-30-2021
FG write up:
https://blogs.fangraphs.com/cardinal...kbuster-trade/

At 6yr/$199, he needs to be worth 25 wins to break even. ZiPS projects 17. So that’s why Colorado is sending the other $50m. Makes it a fair trade solely as a salary dump. The prospects are just filler on top.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:17 PM 01-30-2021
Meh.

Saw this coming about 3 years ago. Theo kept saying things were going to change and moves were going to be made and didnt make any moves. Signed a couple high priced FAs and outside of Darvish none of his moves since Zobrist worked out. Didn't get any extensions done with anyone so now the Cubs are having to sell off what they can in the worst sellers market possibly ever.

I was kind of hoping that given the market of top tier SS next offseason that the Cubs would maybe work out a prove it type extension with Bryant and build around Bryant, Rizzo, and one of Story, Seager, or Lindor. But Lindor is probably going to get extended in NY, Story might get extended in Colorado depending on if he wants to win or not, and the Cubs are trading for guys that are 19 and 3-4 years away so it doesn't appear to be in the cards any more. But I would rather tear it down than sit in mediocrity and pray for miracles.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:36 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
FG write up:
https://blogs.fangraphs.com/cardinal...kbuster-trade/

At 6yr/$199, he needs to be worth 25 wins to break even. ZiPS projects 17. So that’s why Colorado is sending the other $50m. Makes it a fair trade solely as a salary dump. The prospects are just filler on top.
It's a great trade. Fuck those numbers.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:47 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
It's a great trade. Fuck those numbers.
Only thing I would be concerned about if I was a Cardinals fan is the part where the Cardinals didn't seem to want to pay guys like Wong who would be a really good supporting player.

I look at the Cardinals roster and all the ifs left to be answered and I cant help but think of the Phillies and what they've been doing with JT and Harper.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:26 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Only thing I would be concerned about if I was a Cardinals fan is the part where the Cardinals didn't seem to want to pay guys like Wong who would be a really good supporting player.

I look at the Cardinals roster and all the ifs left to be answered and I cant help but think of the Phillies and what they've been doing with JT and Harper.
With the addition of Arenado, where do you play Wong?
[Reply]
jd1020 04:57 PM 01-30-2021
Is there someone on the Cardinals that would prevent Wong from playing 2B?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:10 PM 01-30-2021
Fuck Wong
[Reply]
bdj23 05:24 PM 01-30-2021
Outfield if it gets rid of dexter fowler.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 40
« First < 273334353637 383940 >
Up