ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3020 of 3903
« First < 2020252029202970301030163017301830193020 30213022302330243030307031203520 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:45 PM 10-09-2020
*ducks back in here after a month or two to catch up, Pete's still arguing about masks*
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:45 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
That must be a Clinton thing because I rarely see anyone without a mask unless it is outdoors.

We go up to OP every other week just to get out of town and most everyone wears masks which is nice. Down here the last 6 weeks you see less and less of it which explains why we have 5-10 daily cases.

I definitely think it is a small town America thing.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:47 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I know you have a very clear agenda when it comes to masks so maybe that's reason you just posted this.

There have been numerous discussions about the potential of masks decreasing the initial viral load the wearer receives leading to milder outcomes.
It has nothing to do with an agenda. It's people making blanket statements when they don't have data to support it.

I mean you can easily argue that 20 kids got Covid and never wore masks and were fine while 20 elderly people wore masks all the time and still got Covid and died.

I mean we have seen that vert scenario. i know some of you get your vag all salty when someone even mentions masks without getting on their knees and praising them as a gift from God but you might slow your roll a bit and read what I am actually saying rather than what you want me to say.

Then again that's asking a lot from you, I know.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:47 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
*ducks back in here after a month or two to catch up, Pete's still arguing about masks*
Quite the contrary....
[Reply]
petegz28 02:51 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
We go up to OP every other week just to get out of town and most everyone wears masks which is nice. Down here the last 6 weeks you see less and less of it which explains why we have 5-10 daily cases.

I definitely think it is a small town America thing.
Again, not disagreeing but as I said, everyone in JoCo is wearing masks everywhere yet we still had a run up in cases.

And after the quack doctor for the state got busted using misleading data, we have seen that the counties that adopted the mask mandate and the ones that didn't aren't faring much different from each other.

Lie I said, contrary to what some of these dumb fucks want to claim, I am not saying masks don't work. I am saying just because X has more deaths than Y you cannot say "masks!" by default unless you can prove it.
[Reply]
Donger 02:52 PM 10-09-2020
No data...

Wow.

I'm out.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:53 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
No data...

Wow.

I'm out.
Do you have the data on all the TX deaths vs. all the CA deaths, etc?
[Reply]
Pants 02:53 PM 10-09-2020
It has nothing to do with an agenda. It's people making blanket statements when they don't have data to support it.

I mean you can easily argue that 20 kids got Covid and never wore masks and were fine while 20 elderly people wore masks all the time and still got Covid and died.

I mean we have seen that vert scenario. i know some of you get your vag all salty when someone even mentions masks without getting on their knees and praising them as a gift from God but you might slow your roll a bit and read what I am actually saying rather than what you want me to say.

Then again that's asking a lot from you, I know.
You've definitely had an agenda with masks and still do. There are countless studies that have shown that masks help. You talk in absolutes and without nuance but that's par for the course for you.

I have not seen anyone argue that masks are a silver bullet or a gift from God. I have seen a lot of "masks help." Again, that is supported by many studies and even common sense.

Wearing a mask is almost entirely a zero risk proposition with only potential rewards. The only people who are against masks IN MY EXPERIENCE are ones with political agendas.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:56 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
You've definitely had an agenda with masks and still do. There are countless studies that have shown that masks help. You talk in absolutes and without nuance but that's par for the course for you.

I have not seen anyone argue that masks are a silver bullet or a gift from God. I have seen a lot of "masks help." Again, that is supported by many studies and even common sense.

Wearing a mask is almost entirely a zero risk proposition with only potential rewards. The only people who are against masks IN MY EXPERIENCE are ones with political agendas.
I talk in absolutes? It is stated that CA has less deaths than TX and someone says "because of masks!" and I talk in absolutes?

Whatever. And keep talking,.you're actually making the very argument I am.

Again, you're reading what you want and not what I said.

Aside from that I don't have any agenda vis-a-vis Covid nor do I have any political interest in it. That's you using a cop out, imo.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:02 PM 10-09-2020
Again, not disagreeing but as I said, everyone in JoCo is wearing masks everywhere yet we still had a run up in cases.

And after the quack doctor for the state got busted using misleading data, we have seen that the counties that adopted the mask mandate and the ones that didn't aren't faring much different from each other.

Lie I said, contrary to what some of these dumb ****s want to claim, I am not saying masks don't work. I am saying just because X has more deaths than Y you cannot say "masks!" by default unless you can prove it.
IMO if you have a mask mandate but don't have restrictions on restaurants and bars then you aren't doing much good. You have to have everything else + masks.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:05 PM 10-09-2020
IMO if you have a mask mandate but don't have restrictions on restaurants and bars then you aren't doing much good. You have to have everything else + masks.
You also have to have an economy. if you want to pay all those people and business owners so they can shut down we can discuss it. Until then it's real easy to tell other people to go fuck themselves when you aren't the one losing your job or business.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:15 PM 10-09-2020
You also have to have an economy. if you want to pay all those people and business owners so they can shut down we can discuss it. Until then it's real easy to tell other people to go **** themselves when you aren't the one losing your job or business.
We know how this spreads the most, crowded indoor places with no masks. So we have to limit that the best we can. For restaurants that means you need to space people out significantly. For bars you are screwed. Corporate America isn't back to work in their offices because of this reason. Microsoft just announced yesterday everyone can work from home permanently.

There was a great idea proposed by someone that I can't remember but they said we could have funded all the bars and restaurants and their employees for the rest of the year for a fraction of what we spent in the 2 stimulus bills. Should have done that.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 03:23 PM 10-09-2020
Here in Clinton, less and less people are wearing masks and we are getting multiple cases a day for such a small area. We even had a bunch reported yesterday from school infections.

When I go up to KC I actually feel alot more safe because most people are wearing them.
I went to Clinton last weekend to buy a UTV from your local RV place. No one in that fucking town had a mask and they looked at me like I was an alien because I had one on.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:43 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
I went to Clinton last weekend to buy a UTV from your local RV place. No one in that ****ing town had a mask and they looked at me like I was an alien because I had one on.
It wasn't the mask...you're from Iowa....
[Reply]
Donger 03:44 PM 10-09-2020
Looks like it's going to be another 50,000+ new case day. Yay.
[Reply]
Page 3020 of 3903
« First < 2020252029202970301030163017301830193020 30213022302330243030307031203520 > Last »
Up