ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1808 of 3903
« First < 808130817081758179818041805180618071808 180918101811181218181858190823082808 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 08:01 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
So what is the cult of work mean?

That video goes very in depth with it using the Simpsons to explain it so it's entertaining. It does it far better than I'm going to do trying to summarize it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:02 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
I think it is more we made it to the top of the mountain. We think we have conquered it but we can't see through the clouds that we have another much taller and dangerous mountain just ahead.
We are on 6 consecutive days of decline in deaths, why would there be a mountain in front of us now? If that's the case we have been wasting our time up to now.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:06 AM 05-04-2020
Are there any hospitalization rates being tracked that are available publicly?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:07 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
We are on 6 consecutive days of decline in deaths, why would there be a mountain in front of us now? If that's the case we have been wasting our time up to now.
Do we really have to have the weekend reporting conversation again?
[Reply]
DaFace 08:12 AM 05-04-2020
He's saying that the easing restrictions is going to cause another spike since we haven't really declined much yet.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:13 AM 05-04-2020
Some of you sound like virus cheerleaders.

You don't have one damn clue about a future spike, etc.

It's like you WANT it to keep going.

Millions starved during the depression. MILLIONS. Millions killed themselves..

We got through that.

You want to "lay down and die" for this virus, you're already dead and won't have a country as you know it to come back to.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:14 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Do we really have to have the weekend reporting conversation again?
So the other 4 days were outliers as well I guess. I know the number will go up today and or tomorrow but wouldn't it be prudent to average the numbers over those days? Take any given 7 day average for example?

No matter how you spin it the numbers are going down. I mean wasn't that the idea behind all this? Like I said if the numbers aren't dropping this is a wasted exercise and we should have went the Sweden route.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:16 AM 05-04-2020
So the other 4 days were outliers as well I guess. I know the number will go up today and or tomorrow but wouldn't it be prudent to average the numbers over those days? Take any given 7 day average for example?

No matter how you spin it the numbers are going down. I mean wasn't that the idea behind all this? Like I said if the numbers aren't dropping this is a wasted exercise and we should have went the Sweden route.
Use the rolling seven day average. The daily reporting numbers are too scattershot.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:17 AM 05-04-2020

The issue is that the declines aren't happening anywhere near as fast as the models have suggested, which makes the decisions to ease restrictions seem a bit premature.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:18 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:

We got through that.

You want to "lay down and die" for this virus, you're already dead and won't have a country as you know it to come back to.
This is not true at all, actually. Mortality rate actually dropped during the Depression, and nowhere near millions of people killed themselves.

https://www.pnas.org/content/106/41/17290
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:20 AM 05-04-2020
There have been thousands of essential businesses running for weeks now and I haven’t seen any indication that there is some trend of those causing infections at an abnormal rate or of thousands of grocery store, hardware, or Costco workers being infected. I believe people are getting infected but it’s not the most high risk groups so we just aren’t hearing about because they aren’t leading to high hospitalizations.
[Reply]
limested 08:20 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:

We got through that.

You really have no clue to what you are talking about.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:20 AM 05-04-2020
well 3 of those days were 2470, 2390, 2201

thats a decline... but not enough IMO

especially when this has happened before
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:22 AM 05-04-2020
i wish i could figure out how to post the daily deaths graph from worldometer...
[Reply]
Monticore 08:22 AM 05-04-2020
one economists opinion on opening things up.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6900509/c...ning-backfire/
[Reply]
Page 1808 of 3903
« First < 808130817081758179818041805180618071808 180918101811181218181858190823082808 > Last »
Up