ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1796 of 3903
« First < 796129616961746178617921793179417951796 179717981799180018061846189622962796 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 12:55 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The complete disappearance of your senses of smell and taste should be recognizable.
Not everyone gets that, symptoms could be just diarrhea or just fever or milder issues.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:02 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Let’s use your parents and family for the herd immunity theory. Bring them to my house and I’ll infect them.

Only the strong survive!!!!

What was your thought process in not quarantining from your family?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:07 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Here is the thing though, the SIP orders and shutting things down wasnt supposed to keep people from contracting the virus, but to make sure hospitals didn't become over crowded and that isn't happening. In the beginning it was pretty much a given that a vast majority of the US would eventually get it. Our healthcare system handled it pretty well at first and I don't think any hospitals were completely filled to the max, so if everyone is going to eventually come down with this, then why keep the SIP orders in effect?

I think the big thing that frightened the masses is everyone saw what was happening in Italy and hearing all these reports of hospitals having to turn away people that were almost dead because the hospitals were completwly filled past capacity and that scared people. Our healthcare system seems to be able to handle it better than people expected.
I am amazed how many people forgot why we took the unprecedented actions we did. Now people want to move.the goal post, if and when they want to pull this shit again we can point to the slippery slope that happened and tell them to go **** themselves. Fooled us once
[Reply]
O.city 01:08 PM 05-03-2020
The complete disappearance of your senses of smell and taste should be recognizable.
One of the symptoms I heard recently was an immediate 3 inches of penis growth that stays long term.

Could be bullshit I’m gonna investigate
[Reply]
Donger 01:09 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Here is the thing though, the SIP orders and shutting things down wasnt supposed to keep people from contracting the virus, but to make sure hospitals didn't become over crowded and that isn't happening.
It was both, actually. If people don't get infected, they don't go to hospitals.

It was also always about minimizing deaths.

These are complementary, not contradictory.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:12 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...ses/index.html

Good data at the bottom. Montana clearly has, from a very quick perusal.

Thanks so looks like Montana and maybe Arkansas and Hawaii. Wyoming was close now they are plateauing. Most states are growing
[Reply]
O.city 01:13 PM 05-03-2020
It was both, actually. If people don't get infected, they don't go to hospitals.

Iirc it was and still is assumed that the inevitability of it will happen, we’re just trying to slow it over a longer period of time to not crush hospitals.

It also gives time for treatment and knowledge to be obtained so the longer you can put off becoming infected theoretically the better
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:14 PM 05-03-2020
"The new coronavirus appears to linger in the air in crowded spaces or rooms that lack ventilation, researchers found in a study that buttresses the notion that Covid-19 can spread through tiny airborne particles known as aerosols.

At two hospitals in Wuhan, China, researchers found bits of the virus’s genetic material floating in the air of hospital toilets, an indoor space housing large crowds, and rooms where medical staff take off protective gear. The study, published Monday in the journal Nature Research, didn’t seek to establish whether the airborne particles could cause infections."

Source.
[Reply]
O.city 01:14 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Thanks so looks like Montana and maybe Arkansas and Hawaii. Wyoming was close now they are plateauing. Most states are growing
Could be broken down by cities as well. Iirc, Springfield and kc are trending down whereas stl isn’t
[Reply]
O.city 01:15 PM 05-03-2020
"The new coronavirus appears to linger in the air in crowded spaces or rooms that lack ventilation, researchers found in a study that buttresses the notion that Covid-19 can spread through tiny airborne particles known as aerosols.

At two hospitals in Wuhan, China, researchers found bits of the virus’s genetic material floating in the air of hospital toilets, an indoor space housing large crowds, and rooms where medical staff take off protective gear. The study, published Monday in the journal Nature Research, didn’t seek to establish whether the airborne particles could cause infections."

Source.
That’s the big thing in the dental field right now with all the aerosols we cause. At this point it’s yet to be determined if those can cause infection past I heard so we’re essentially taking precaution above and beyond
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 01:22 PM 05-03-2020
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...ses/index.html

Good data at the bottom. Montana clearly has, from a very quick perusal.
Geez, there are a ton of states trending upwards over the last 14 days. This thing is a resilient beast. It seems like even the places that do well initially end up having it get in and go wild. At one point, Russia seemed like it was really containing it; now the numbers from them are rocketing up.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:23 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
What was your thought process in not quarantining from your family?
The fact that quarantining in the same house as someone who’s affected is not showing to be very useful. Especially running AC units all the time here now. It just gets passed throughout the house.

Also having a 2 year old throwing fits and tantrums with doors closed knowing his father is in there. I/we couldn’t manage that for a week+ time.

Due to my exposure risk at work I have not seen anyone else, including my parents, in the last 2 months. So I am doing my part.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:24 PM 05-03-2020

[Reply]
BWillie 01:25 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Okay I am just going to throw out the cold, harsh side of it for argument sake and nothing more.

1.5 mil is .4% of our population. From strictly a numbers perspective it's insignificant. Unless you are part of the .4% anyway.....
9/11, OKC bombing and terrorism of any other sort kills on avg less than 300 Americans a yr but ppl still consider it a huge problem. Why would 1.5M deaths be on no consequence?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:25 PM 05-03-2020

If that's the case then it's only minimizing first worlder deaths.

Good chance there's a lot of death in the developing world attributable to the Great Lockdown.
[Reply]
Page 1796 of 3903
« First < 796129616961746178617921793179417951796 179717981799180018061846189622962796 > Last »
Up