ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who will start at Left Tackle on Week 1?
Wanya Morris 20 13.25%
Donovan Smith (re-signed) 69 45.70%
Kingsley Suamataia 40 26.49%
Darian Kinnard 0 0%
Lucas Niang 0 0%
Jawaan Taylor 7 4.64%
Chukwuebuka Godrick 1 0.66%
A veteran interior offensive lineman currently on the roster 1 0.66%
One of the new rookie interior linemen (C.J. Hanson or Hunter Nourzad) 0 0%
Some veteran free agent not listed elsewhere 8 5.30%
Some rookie free agent not listed elsewhere 0 0%
Eric Fisher 0 0%
Mike Remmers 1 0.66%
Orlando Brown, Jr. 1 0.66%
Left tackle? Mahomes don't need no stinkin' left tackle 3 1.99%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Who will be the Week 1 starter at Left Tackle?
Rain Man 09:38 PM 04-28-2024
Poll to follow on three. One, two, three, break!

I went ahead and added the starting left tackle for every Super Bowl in case you're feeling nostalgic. I didn't include Jim Tyrer because of, well, you know why.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:08 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Don't draft super raw guys that early.

The only way to learn is to play. He's never gonna be in a better situation than he will be this year to learn and such.

I can't figure why people don't think he can't be atleast as good as OBJ and Smith.....had it on CP authority they both sucked.
Has nothing to do with what CP thinks.

I can't figure out why you think Andy is planning on starting him.

Andy will start a vet who sucks just as bad ten times out ten before he starts a rookie who sucks at LT*.

Or even just one with the usual struggle from being a project not a plug and play guy.

*. Unless he truly has no choice
[Reply]
O.city 03:10 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Has nothing to do with what CP thinks.

I can't figure out why you think Andy is planning on starting him.

Andy will start a vet who sucks just as bad ten times out ten before he starts a rookie who sucks at LT.
They started Creed

They started Trey

Why can't this be that?
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 04:06 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
It happens but is rare.

Buffalo's Dion Dawkins was a 3rd round pick who started at LT his rookie year I believe.
Actually, DAWKINS was a second round pick. I’ve often wondered what would’ve happened if we had taken him that year after we took Mahomes. Instead, five pics ahead of Dawkins. We took a DL (CAN’T REMEMBER HIS NAME AND I DOUBT ANYONE CAN). WE WOULD’VE HAD A VERY GOOD LT ALL THESE YEARS ALONG WITH MAHOMES MIGHT EVEN HAVE HELPED US WIN THE SUPER BOWL. WE LOST TO BRADY.

Dawkins was the second last pick in round two back then. Who does that remind us of this year?👍 hope that’s a good omen.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:36 PM 04-29-2024

I asked Brett Veach about interest in bringing back a Donovan Smith or Mecole Hardman:

His response is to use the OTA period to let the young guys complete. If the Chiefs bring them back, the decision could extend into training camp depending on how young guys perform.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) April 29, 2024

[Reply]
wazu 04:43 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Why in the fuck would you even ask about Mecole Hardman, Matt? Don't even try to speak that shit into existence. That chapter is over. Let him ride off into the sunset never to be heard from again.

Just ask about Donovan Smith like a normal fucking human being.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 04:46 PM 04-29-2024
Why did we let the Eagles sign Becton?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:55 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Hail to the Kingsly, baby...
I've never loved you more than I have in this very moment.
[Reply]
el borracho 05:00 PM 04-29-2024
Best case scenario is that Suamataia is so good they have to start him at LT week 1.
[Reply]
Sofa King 05:03 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
Why did we let the Eagles sign Becton?
You mean that big injury prone piece of shit? Why did we let the eagles sign that guy? Hmmm, that's a tough question.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:03 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
They started Creed

They started Trey

Why can't this be that?

It's hard to argue against this. I hope Kingsley is so good in training camp that there's no question about starting him, other than the fact that Wanya is so good in training camp.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:31 PM 04-29-2024
Kingsley Suamataia is a great signing but, we will see what happens in OTA's and training camp. How fast can he develop? We shall see and very glad we got him! :-)
[Reply]
crispystl 06:40 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
What happened to Prince Tega Wanogho? The Nigerian Prince was more mysterious than Lucas Niang.
Finally got busted for all those emails.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:40 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Just for comparisons sake, Orlando Brown allowed 47 pressures in 769 pass blocking snaps in 2022 and 36 pressures in 769 pass blocking snaps in 2021.

Donovan Smith allowed 42 pressures in 506 pass blocking snaps in 2023. If he had played the whole season there's a realistic chance he would've given up 60+ pressures.

Sure, at or near vet minimum, bring him in, but there's absolutely no reason to invest actual cap space in him.
Joe Thuney being injured probably was a part of it. Also, Smith was being beat mostly inside later he wasn't the Carasoul that OBJ was on the outside.
[Reply]
jettio 07:30 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Why in the **** would you even ask about Mecole Hardman, Matt? Don't even try to speak that shit into existence. That chapter is over. Let him ride off into the sunset never to be heard from again.

Just ask about Donovan Smith like a normal ****ing human being.
Hardman got happy with his post Super Bowl attention and his big mouth badmouthing the Jets is going to make it harder for any team, including the Chiefs, to want him around.
[Reply]
-King- 07:53 PM 04-29-2024
I'm not a draft guy but it has to be Kingsley right? How often are OTs truly redshirted to develop and actually do? Seems like most of the starting tackles in the league start out their careers starting or at least start at some point in year 1.

So IMO it's either him starting at LT. Or Taylor at LT and he plays RT.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up