ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 219
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Science is Cool....
Fish 09:43 PM 05-21-2012
This is a repository for all cool scientific discussion and fascination. Scientific facts, theories, and overall cool scientific stuff that you'd like to share with others. Stuff that makes you smile and wonder at the amazing shit going on around us, that most people don't notice.

Post pictures, vidoes, stories, or links. Ask questions. Share science.

Why should I care?:

[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:52 AM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
Why don't you pray about this at your church? No danger there of anyone ever getting carried away with taking human lives.
God damn you are a dislikable fuckwad. We get it. You're an atheist and you can't shut up about it.

I don't go to a church. Just because I am a creationist, doesn't mean I am a member of any Christian denomination. It doesn't mean I am anti-science.

And it doesn't surprise me at all that you don't give a fuck about being ethical. Not because you're an atheist, but because you're a dick.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 12:02 PM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
God damn you are a dislikable fuckwad. We get it. You're an atheist and you can't shut up about it.

I don't go to a church. Just because I am a creationist, doesn't mean I am a member of any Christian denomination. It doesn't mean I am anti-science.

And it doesn't surprise me at all that you don't give a fuck about being ethical. Not because you're an atheist, but because you're a dick.
Projection can be a very bad thing. Now this is the science is cool thread why don't you just move along and post your fears elsewhere.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:10 PM 02-27-2014
Projection can be a very bad thing. Now this is the science is cool thread why don't you just move along and post your fears elsewhere.
I'm free to post in this thread, same as you. You just have a hard-on for me because I schooled your ass about the science that was supposedly right in your wheelhouse in that thread where we discussed dark matter. So I understand your knee-jerk reaction to be a douchebag any time I post. But you can't just send me on my way.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 12:16 PM 02-27-2014
Ha thats a absolute joke of a statement. Now run off and play somewhere before the evil scientists get you.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:17 PM 02-27-2014
Ha thats a absolute joke of a statement. Now run off and play somewhere before the evil scientists get you.
You want me to bump that thread?
[Reply]
Dave Lane 12:23 PM 02-27-2014
Yes please do and then you can vacate this thread and I'll crush you there.
[Reply]
hometeam 12:28 PM 02-27-2014
I'm just going to throw this out there.

At no time does a creationist get to talk to me about science without being laughed at.

So for the love of science~

Take the shit to DC.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:36 PM 02-27-2014
Don't bring that petty shit into an otherwise cool, informative thread.

Moving along now....
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:38 PM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I'm just going to throw this out there.

At no time does a creationist get to talk to me about science without being laughed at.

So for the love of science~

Take the shit to DC.
The discussion was pretty civil and informative, had nothing at all to do with religion, and we were all pretty much done with it, until Dave Lane brought it back with his personal vendetta against religion. And I'm not even religious.

And you can laugh as much as you want.
[Reply]
Fish 12:44 PM 02-27-2014
Ohh dear fuck....

[Reply]
Fish 12:51 PM 02-27-2014

Researchers Are Making A 3D Printer That Can Build A House In 24 Hours

At The University of Southern California, Professor Behrokh Khoshnevis has built a colossal 3D printer that can build a house in 24 hours.

Khoshnevis’s robot comes equipped with a nozzle that spews out concrete and can build a home based on a set computer pattern.

We first saw this on MSN.com. The technology, known as Contour Crafting, could completely revolutionise the construction industry. Discover Magazine’s Brad Lemley explains that workers would lay down two rails for the robot to operate on.

From there, the Contour Crafting system would glide along the rails and lay down cement. Once that part of the process is finished, humans would do the rest of essential tasks like hanging doors and installing windows.

Contour Crafting could also reduce the total cost of owning a home. It could also make it easier to repair homes damaged by devastating weather events.

While this project is still being tested, Khoshnevis asserts that this won’t eliminate jobs in this sector, but actually create more. Check out the video below to learn how this process works.

[Reply]
Fish 12:54 PM 02-27-2014
Auroras on Saturn. Cool......

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/video/index.php?id=880

[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:38 PM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
I'm free to post in this thread, same as you.
there is precedent. No one wants this thread to devolve into politics or religion. If you want to discuss those parts of science that go into politics and religion, take it to DC.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:43 PM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
there is precedent. No one wants this thread to devolve into politics or religion. If you want to discuss those parts of science that go into politics and religion, take it to DC.
It wasn't a political or religious discussion. It was a discussion about ethics. And I let it die yesterday, but you fuckers keep bringing it back.
[Reply]
J Diddy 02:44 PM 02-27-2014
I just got through judging a multiple high school Mars colonization contest at the college. Some neat ideas, some neat presentations, but very few of both. My favorite was the kid who had the idea of bringing along kittens, dogs, and rabbits for protein instead of typical farm animals due to their high reproduction rate.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 219
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Up