ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 38
« First < 273334353637 38 >
Nzoner's Game Room>WTF is with the defense?
petegz28 10:41 PM 11-22-2020
That's 2 games in a row they really didn't do a fucking thing. Carr had all fucking night to throw. Guys are dropping shoulders and not wrapping up. YAC is killing us. Receivers are running wide open.

I will give them some credit in that I thought they stopped the run fairly well against the Raiders.

No pass rush
No tackling
No attitude

WTF?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:07 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
All 16 points just awful
This. Let’s stop being dramatic.

We’ve had a minimum of 2 TDs taken from us by bullshit tonight. This should be at least 33-16 right now.
[Reply]
-King- 10:22 PM 12-06-2020
Defense needed a game like this where they saved the offense. Good for them for coming through.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:23 PM 12-06-2020
Much better 2nd half....first half was assroids on billay's tits
[Reply]
petegz28 10:23 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Defense needed a game like this where they saved the offense. Good for them for coming through.
Agreed. Thought the O got fucked on that holding call that took away the TD but yea, the O needs to quit being so cute in the red zone.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:23 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Can we stop Drew Lock and the Broncos for 1 quarter????
Never change
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:37 PM 12-06-2020
How many games this year has the defense came through with a game sealing int on the opponents last possession? I believe that tonight was the 3rd straight. Interceptions against Carr, Brady and Lock to end it. Seems like there have been others this season too weren't there?
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:57 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
How many games this year has the defense came through with a game sealing int on the opponents last possession? I believe that tonight was the 3rd straight. Interceptions against Carr, Brady and Lock to end it. Seems like there have been others this season too weren't there?
there have been several games this season alone where the D has saved the team's bacon. I'm unsure of exactly how many, but at least two or three other games?

Several more if we count last season. Including the AFCCG and the Super Bowl.

The defense, as currently constructed is not going to stone good offenses for 4 straight quarters. It's not how they're built. And with all the money on the offensive side of the ball, they're never going to be the 2013 or 2001 Ravens.

What they can do, and what they have been doing since about week 11 of last season, is stop offenses in key spots. Force them to kick FGs or take a lot of time to score. Even generate turnovers, usually via INTs.

This allows the KC offense to generate a two score lead and make the opposing offense more one-dimensional.

I mean, think about it. Our secondary has been ranked in the top 10 since early last season. Without a shut-down CB, but with two fast (sometimes three), ball-hawking safeties. But they are middle of the pack against the run. And they can generate pressure, either through a 5-man rush or by sending exotic blitzes.

Bottom line, they are a pretty good situational defense. Not a "we're going to beat you on every down for 60 minutes" defense.

All they are being asked to do is force a couple extra stops, or force the other team to kick a FG instead of score a TD.

Which is how they've been winning all these games, and how they won the Super Bowl. They didn't stone the 49ers for an entire game, and trying to get them to do that would've been dumb to try. They slowed them down, got them in negative down-and-distance situations and tried to force Jimmy G. to earn a win with his arm. A couple times he got TDs, but also they got FGs. Our defense took away a large % of their efficiency. Then it was on the offense to score enough to put SF in a throw-first scenario.

This is how we are going to play defense for the foreseeable future. Slow down and damage the other team's efficiency, make them Kick as many or more FGs as they score TDs, while our offense scores 5-6 times/game and mostly TDs and just one or two FGs. Just simple math.
[Reply]
Ghost of Maslowski 12:25 AM 12-07-2020

[Reply]
jerryaldini 12:34 AM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
there have been several games this season alone where the D has saved the team's bacon. I'm unsure of exactly how many, but at least two or three other games?

Several more if we count last season. Including the AFCCG and the Super Bowl.

The defense, as currently constructed is not going to stone good offenses for 4 straight quarters. It's not how they're built. And with all the money on the offensive side of the ball, they're never going to be the 2013 or 2001 Ravens.

What they can do, and what they have been doing since about week 11 of last season, is stop offenses in key spots. Force them to kick FGs or take a lot of time to score. Even generate turnovers, usually via INTs.

This allows the KC offense to generate a two score lead and make the opposing offense more one-dimensional.

I mean, think about it. Our secondary has been ranked in the top 10 since early last season. Without a shut-down CB, but with two fast (sometimes three), ball-hawking safeties. But they are middle of the pack against the run. And they can generate pressure, either through a 5-man rush or by sending exotic blitzes.

Bottom line, they are a pretty good situational defense. Not a "we're going to beat you on every down for 60 minutes" defense.

All they are being asked to do is force a couple extra stops, or force the other team to kick a FG instead of score a TD.

Which is how they've been winning all these games, and how they won the Super Bowl. They didn't stone the 49ers for an entire game, and trying to get them to do that would've been dumb to try. They slowed them down, got them in negative down-and-distance situations and tried to force Jimmy G. to earn a win with his arm. A couple times he got TDs, but also they got FGs. Our defense took away a large % of their efficiency. Then it was on the offense to score enough to put SF in a throw-first scenario.

This is how we are going to play defense for the foreseeable future. Slow down and damage the other team's efficiency, make them Kick as many or more FGs as they score TDs, while our offense scores 5-6 times/game and mostly TDs and just one or two FGs. Just simple math.
This sums it up perfectly. I don't really care much about what our defense does outside of the red zone. They've surrendered more than 24 only three times, twice to the Raiders.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:43 AM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by Ghost of Maslowski:
That is better than I thought they did, and I thought they played that last quarter pretty well.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:06 AM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Agreed. Thought the O got fucked on that holding call that took away the TD but yea, the O needs to quit being so cute in the red zone.
Denver also has a top 5 defense and top 3 RZ defense. Luckily their offense sucks!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:27 AM 12-07-2020
The D did step up last night when NFM and the O were having a hard time getting in synch.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:51 PM 12-07-2020
We'll be fine

[Reply]
RunKC 12:16 AM 12-08-2020
“The Chiefs have held opposing offenses below 21 points a league high 8 times this season.”

We’re fine overall. But the pass rush is concerning, not gonna lie
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:04 PM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
Page 37 of 38
« First < 273334353637 38 >
Up