ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 38
« First < 243031323334 35363738 >
Nzoner's Game Room>WTF is with the defense?
petegz28 10:41 PM 11-22-2020
That's 2 games in a row they really didn't do a fucking thing. Carr had all fucking night to throw. Guys are dropping shoulders and not wrapping up. YAC is killing us. Receivers are running wide open.

I will give them some credit in that I thought they stopped the run fairly well against the Raiders.

No pass rush
No tackling
No attitude

WTF?
[Reply]
O.city 06:53 PM 11-29-2020
It’s a league average defense.

Which is in today’s nfl fine.

Offense let them down today. Defense was fine
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:53 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The same people that were saying the offense needed 40 to win all week are now shutting on the defense for giving up 24 pts to a team that averages more than that.

Think about how miserable these fucking people are. The defense did their job today, the reason the game was close is because the offense didn’t capitalize on turnovers.
As I said in the other thread, the Bucs average 30 points per game and have scored 45 or more twice.

The defense isn't great. But it absolutely isn't trash. Anybody that thinks this defense is trash simply doesn't watch the rest of the league.

The Colts vaunted defense got destroyed today by the Titans. This is an offensive league. Defense is just a lost art. People don't understand that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:53 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

Yep.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:53 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Maybe when the defense forces TWO turnovers in the 2nd half, the offense should actually score.
Kind of tough when the refs are literally throwing flags on every play for no reason at all.

I hate to go all Black Ops on you, but that really seemed like a blatant attempt to keep the game close.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:54 PM 11-29-2020
How dare the Chiefs defense give up 24 points on the road to a team that's averaged 29.1 points per game.
[Reply]
O.city 06:54 PM 11-29-2020
Today was a perfect example of why yards mean jack.

Chiefs left atleast 10 points on the field. Atleast.

Don’t do that
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:54 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Kind of tough when the refs are literally throwing flags on every play for no reason at all.

I hate to go all Black Ops on you, but that really seemed like a blatant attempt to keep the game close.
Yeah, I get that. I'm just saying you can't blame it all on the defense either. They forced 2 turnovers and the offense did nothing with them.

It's a team game.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 06:54 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
As I said in the other thread, the Bucs average 30 points per game and have scored 45 or more twice.

The defense isn't great. But it absolutely isn't trash. Anybody that thinks this defense is trash simply doesn't watch the rest of the league.

The Colts vaunted defense got destroyed today by the Titans. This is an offensive league. Defense is just a lost art. People don't understand that.
We got like 6 stops today

That's a fantastic performance from a defense that has Pat Mahomes on the other side of the ball. If our defense is getting 6 stops per game in the playoffs we'd win the SB again easy.
[Reply]
O.city 06:55 PM 11-29-2020
The first hold on that second to last drive, whatever

The second? Come on
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:55 PM 11-29-2020
Think the defense is average with the ability to be better if the pass rush gets better. They don't seem as bad against the run as they did half the season last year. LB is def a weakness and it's been exploited. Back to back wins against good teams on the road I'll take it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:55 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
We got like 6 stops today

That's a fantastic performance from a defense that has Pat Mahomes on the other side of the ball. If our defense is getting 6 stops per game in the playoffs we'd win the SB easy.
Bucs first 4 possessions:

14 plays, 4 punts.

That's pretty good against that offense.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:56 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

It's Tom Brady with some very nice weapons.
The Dline can't get pressure on an immobile QB which is annoying... but honestly if Hardman could have just caught the easiest 90 yard TD play of all time, the game could have been completely different.

Instead it was a huge momentum 14 point swing, and our O went stagnant.
[Reply]
O.city 06:56 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Think the defense is average with the ability to be better if the pass rush gets better. They don't seem as bad against the run as they did half the season last year. LB is def a weakness and it's been exploited. Back to back wins against good teams on the road I'll take it.
Yeah the run defense has been much improved

People expect the 90s Defenses
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:56 PM 11-29-2020
Run defense looked pretty good tonight, other than that one run.

They're improving. Holding Tom to 24 at home is progress.
[Reply]
O.city 06:56 PM 11-29-2020
If hardman catches that the game is over
[Reply]
Page 34 of 38
« First < 243031323334 35363738 >
Up