ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 38
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WTF is with the defense?
petegz28 10:41 PM 11-22-2020
That's 2 games in a row they really didn't do a fucking thing. Carr had all fucking night to throw. Guys are dropping shoulders and not wrapping up. YAC is killing us. Receivers are running wide open.

I will give them some credit in that I thought they stopped the run fairly well against the Raiders.

No pass rush
No tackling
No attitude

WTF?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:55 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
At the end of the day if you told us we would be 9-1 with the defense only giving up 40 points once and being in the top ten in avg points allowed we would all be happy with that result.

The Faiders have structured their team to be a bad matchup for us. We will make adjustments to counter that. Andy's priority is always winning the division first. The Faiders have played well on offense, but they have not done anything defensively to really stop us. Their only hope is to win a shootout.

Scoring is up this year--you can name your reason (no training camp, less practice, COVID, etc.)---there is no elite defense in the league this year--and I think that bodes well for us.
I agree that we would have signed up for the defensive stats and the record of 9-1 before the season.

But, as far as elite defenses, while there are no historically elite defenses, compared to the rest of the league, there are several that are pretty damn good.

The Rams, Colts, Bucs, and Saints are all very good defenses.

And the Steelers are currently the number one scoring defense, giving up a little over 17 points per game. However, they really haven't played a lot of really good offenses.

Remove the two games against the Raiders, and the Chiefs are giving up about 17.5 points per game to everyone else.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:56 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Saunders probably isn't quite ready yet. He just came back.

And Thornhill is struggling. He's been in the lineup but Andy said they're using him in a "situational" manner.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Saunders played in week 7 against Denver and has been a healthy scratch since.

It's understandable that Thornhill is struggling, but if he was supposedly healthy enough to suit up week 1 and still hasn't made any progress then I'm not sure he ever is this season. Either way, I'm not sure the answer is to have Sorensen ever playing deep safety. Is Tedric Thompson not capable of providing better coverage? All of a sudden safety looks like a bit of a weakness with Mathieu not playing well as of late and Thornhill falling off a cliff.
[Reply]
bobhill 12:31 PM 11-24-2020
They can't get into a Rhythm Mr. Riding the bench
[Reply]
crispystl 12:37 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
It did feel like that every third down was a 1st down for the Raiders. Defense was on the field a real long time.

That's why we needed to run so much. Our D was gassed.
You're right it did seem like they converted every single one of them. Any idea what their actual 3rd down conversion rate was?%
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:03 PM 11-24-2020
We dont need no stinkin' defense. :-)
[Reply]
lcarus 01:06 PM 11-24-2020
I've heard a lot of people saying "If the Raiders didn't have 3 or 4 big drops they win that game easy". I recall one 3rd down "drop" that was pretty big. Not the easiest catch but it should've been caught. Aside from that one, Ingold dropped 2 but didn't they score on that drive anyway?
[Reply]
O.city 01:28 PM 11-24-2020
To my surprise, the defense is top 6 in points allowed.

Other than the two Raider games, they've been pretty good.
[Reply]
lcarus 02:50 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's plenty of options.

I know yesterday I skipped the game thread and it was a lot better.

I'm honestly just sick of reading the stupid hot takes and "they suck" bullshit.
A lot of times when I'm finished reading a post I immediately think of this:

[Reply]
PHOG 03:01 PM 11-24-2020
Aahhhhh, don't forget

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 03:09 PM 11-24-2020
Gruden just has Spags' number this season. As said, we are giving up 17.5 to everyone else, and against the raiders, were surrendering 35.5.

Everything we threw at them defensively, Carr read it easily and executed extremely well.

When they did come off the field, it was pretty similar to how a KC drive ends, self inflicted. Couple big drops, especially the one that hit Agholor in his hands on third down really were the difference.

Their personnell groups, combined with a badass O line really match up to us well. They can cause problems.

When we look back on 2020, Raiders will be one of the better teams to miss the playoffs.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:54 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Gruden just has Spags' number this season. As said, we are giving up 17.5 to everyone else, and against the raiders, were surrendering 35.5.

Everything we threw at them defensively, Carr read it easily and executed extremely well.

When they did come off the field, it was pretty similar to how a KC drive ends, self inflicted. Couple big drops, especially the one that hit Agholor in his hands on third down really were the difference.

Their personnell groups, combined with a badass O line really match up to us well. They can cause problems.

When we look back on 2020, Raiders will be one of the better teams to miss the playoffs.
They'll be in the playoffs. I'll be surprised if they don't win 10.

It's time to give the Raiders their due. They've been as competitive with the Chiefs as any team in the last two years.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:57 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
To my surprise, the defense is top 6 in points allowed.

Other than the two Raider games, they've been pretty good.
That’s the fact based, non-Pete’s hair on fire way to analyze things.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:00 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Gruden just has Spags' number this season.
Pretty easy to have someone's number when you can trust your Oline to handle the Dline without any help. Our coverage wasn't very good against the raiders either. But when the QB has tons of time the coverage unit usually looks bad.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:13 PM 11-24-2020
People sure love to talk about the 2nd place Faders on here. They are like the leaves on the trees- soon as it gets cold, they fall and blow away in the wind.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:23 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Pretty easy to have someone's number when you can trust your Oline to handle the Dline without any help. Our coverage wasn't very good against the raiders either. But when the QB has tons of time the coverage unit usually looks bad.
Our CBs are nothing special. We simply don't have a lot of talent on D and i think offenses are adjusting. Hopefully our dline can step it up because that is where our talent at least money wise lies.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 38
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Up