ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones Agrees to 4-Year Contract Extension Ahead of Deadline
Shaid 11:37 AM 07-14-2020
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ad-of-deadline

While the deadline is approaching, the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a four-year contract extension with defensive tackle Chris Jones, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen.

Schefter noted the deal is worth $85 million with $60 million guaranteed.

The Chiefs placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on Jones in March, guaranteeing him $16.1 million for the upcoming season. He and Kansas City have until 4 p.m. ET Wednesday to finalize a long-term contract.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:22 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If he were to take a league average deal as an extension, I’m sure Veach would call it a deal. The team has 2 more years of cost controlled cheap play from him before he becomes a free agent.

That’s going to be another monster offseason.

Nnadi and Ward.
Get some more cap space next season by dumping Okafor and Hitchens.
[Reply]
Shaid 11:35 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If he were to take a league average deal as an extension, I’m sure Veach would call it a deal. The team has 2 more years of cost controlled cheap play from him before he becomes a free agent.

That’s going to be another monster offseason.

Nnadi and Ward.
Kelce is also going to be 32 when his contract is up IIRC. Add the risk of a Franchise tag pushing him out to 33 and I don't think we need to worry about it being Kittle money.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:28 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
The rookies will just replace the top 51 so in reality nothing will change. Kelce said he won’t do an extension until Kittle signs. I’d try and lock up Ward to a 5/40 deal rn
We need about 2 mil in space for all the rookies. Their total is about that much more than the contracts they'll replace. So we are in good shape for that.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't think he's eligible for an extension yet, though I could be wrong (the rules on those RFA deals are weird).
We can sign ward to an extension. He is eligible.

Also, overthecap has jones new deal at only 80 mil citing florio instead of the 85 initially reported
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:34 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Also, overthecap has jones new deal at only 80 mil citing florio instead of the 85 initially reported
There is an additional $5 million in incentives, which brings the total value to $85 million.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:38 PM 07-15-2020
Kelce is not going to go anywhere. He will make his money, but its not going to break the bank.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:42 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Kelce is not going to go anywhere. He will make his money, but its not going to break the bank.
I doubt that. Kelce won’t sign an extension until Kittle does. Kittles extension will Be in line with what Kelce will get
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:42 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There is an additional $5 million in incentives, which brings the total value to $85 million.
Thanks. I hadn't found that info.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:35 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I doubt that. Kelce won’t sign an extension until Kittle does. Kittles extension will Be in line with what Kelce will get
Yup and that extension will lower his cap hit significantly the first year and probably 2...opening up space for an extension for a player like Ward.

I wonder if they think about trading Nnadi in the next year...maybe a player for player deal for a LB or CB.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:53 PM 07-15-2020

We've officially signed the CEO of Sack Nation @StoneColdJones to an extension ✍️ #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/sFrSSdRLID

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) July 15, 2020

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:57 PM 07-15-2020
I like Ward and if he continues to ascend, maybe you pay him... but now would be the time to do so really. The organization has a ton of leverage given that he will only be a RFA next year. Can’t even get tagged until 2022.

This is when you lowball him with life changing money ($7-9m per year), hoping that he bites early instead of betting on himself another couple seasons.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:24 PM 07-15-2020
cross-post, sorry not sorry

No ��bs... brett Veach is my mutha F***ing Dawg! ��������

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) July 15, 2020

Same �� https://t.co/5j8qjgGhmI

— Ty Hill (@cheetah) July 15, 2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 02:27 PM 07-15-2020
Remember when King Carl used to piss players off so much in negotiations that they vowed to never sign another contract with the Chiefs? I don't miss those days.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:36 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Thanks. I hadn't found that info.
No problem. Here's a link to the details:

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...tract-details/

According to a number of reports, Jones’ contract is for four years and reaches a total value of $85 million. Jones’ deal comes with $37 million in guaranteed salary with a total of $60 million guaranteed in case of injury. There are $5 million in incentives attached to the contract as well.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:52 PM 07-15-2020
When you consider that Deforest Buckner just got $84m/4, you really have to love this deal for KC.

I think Jones is quite a bit better than Buckner, who is also a great player.
[Reply]
Shaid 03:00 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
When you consider that Deforest Buckner just got $84m/4, you really have to love this deal for KC.

I think Jones is quite a bit better than Buckner, who is also a great player.
I also think Jones was pushing harder for sacks to get a better contract, which made him a bit less effective at stopping the run. Now he got paid, I think we see some run game improvements as well.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up