ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Sign FA CB Mo Claiborne
Dante84 11:04 AM 08-08-2019
Per Terez

The Chiefs have agreed to terms with free agent CB Mo Claiborne, a source tells me. He’s flying out to K.C. tonight.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) August 8, 2019

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:52 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by burt:
and covering and turning his head is his job....
Right! Which gives me the impression he just doesn't have "it" when IT comes to CB skills because that part of it crucial to the position.
[Reply]
JakeF 06:55 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Wards frustrating because he stays with the WR but seems to not understand to turn his head and actually find the ball.
William Bartee agrees with Ward
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:58 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
William Bartee agrees with Ward
Bartee never stayed with his receiver. Opposing WRs knew that he was always the quickest route to the end zone, so much that his nickname was 24 Highway.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:17 PM 09-30-2019
I feel like many of you have never played defensive back. I’d much rather he not always turn his head while staying with the receiver. The greater issue is turning one’s head and losing the receiver.

And, yes, I get that you demand both.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:29 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I feel like many of you have never played defensive back. I’d much rather he not always turn his head while staying with the receiver. The greater issue is turning one’s head and losing the receiver.

When the receiver's eyes get wide and he reaches for the ball, that's a great time to keep your head on a swivel and look for the ball, to either knock it down or pick the thing off.

And I never did play DB, correct.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:35 PM 09-30-2019
Ward played a good game and was the victim of “a perfect pass beats great coverage” similar to his first start against Russel Wilson.

He didn’t get his head turned as much as I’d like, but he got his hands up and tried to dislodge the ball.

Stafford played the game of his life.
[Reply]
O.city 07:37 PM 09-30-2019
You don’t turn your head and find the ball in man situations

You play the wr and try to use his movements to know when the ball is coming
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:48 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Ward played a good game and was the victim of “a perfect pass beats great coverage” similar to his first start against Russel Wilson.

He didn’t get his head turned as much as I’d like, but he got his hands up and tried to dislodge the ball.

Stafford played the game of his life.
Stafford is a damn good QB. Ward gets beat sometimes, I have no problem with that last touchdown it was a well placed ball however he could have atleast nudged the dude a little bit.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:49 PM 09-30-2019
In a lot of those situations, Ward couldn’t have played it a whole lot better and just got beat by a perfect throw.

Pat does that to the best corners weekly. Those corners aren’t bad, they just got beat by a perfect throw.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:52 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Stafford is a damn good QB. Ward gets beat sometimes, I have no problem with that last touchdown it was a well placed ball however he could have atleast nudged the dude a little bit.
I think he did, man.he tried hard for the PBU by taking an arm away with great timing and just got beat.

He’s a young corner that still learning advanced techniques.

He’s a good study that I think will do better as he gains experience. I mean, he doesn’t even have 10 starts yet.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:54 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
In a lot of those situations, Ward couldn’t have played it a whole lot better and just got beat by a perfect throw.

Pat does that to the best corners weekly. Those corners aren’t bad, they just got beat by a perfect throw.
I think you are being very liberal when it comes to Ward people would use those excuses for Nelson too. If you have perfect coverage you should be able to make a play on the ball. Not all of those completions hes given up have been perfect passes.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:55 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Wards frustrating because he stays with the WR but seems to not understand to turn his head and actually find the ball.

Can that be trained or coached?
[Reply]
stumppy 07:58 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I think you are being very liberal when it comes to Ward people would use those excuses for Nelson too. If you have perfect coverage you should be able to make a play on the ball. Not all of those completions hes given up have been perfect passes.
Yup, also his new nickname is 'The Burn Ward".
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:58 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Can he turn his head at all? I mean Ward can have blanket coverage and still give up big plays because his head doesn't move at all.

It’s a confidence issue in my opinion.
[Reply]
neech 08:02 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:

I thought most of CP did play that position in school.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Up