ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 520 of 662
« First < 20420470510516517518519520 521522523524530570620 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
alnorth 03:34 PM 06-06-2017
Recap for those who want a summary:

UFC: "Your next fight is against Ray Borg"

DJ: "really? Sergio Pettis is more marketable, can I fight him?"

UFC: "Nope, you are fighting Borg"

DJ: "Well ok, but Cody Garbrandt is talking about coming down to 125 and challenging me, I think that would be a pretty sweet fight you could sell"

UFC: "We can't sell that shit"

DJ: "OK jeez. I'll take the fight, but in exchange for that, could you start giving me PPV points in future fights after I break the record?"

UFC: "Sounds fair"

UFC (overruled by Dana): "Never mind, no PPV points in the future either"

DJ: "Why?"

UFC: "Small fighters can't sell, and we don't think we can market you"

(Cody gets hurt)

UFC: "Shit, OK new plan, you are fighting TJ, we think we can sell that fight and maybe you can earn PPV points"

DJ: "You can't sell me and Cody in a champion vs champion fight, but you can sell TJ? Bullshit"

UFC: "you are fighting TJ, forget about Borg, and if you refuse this fight we're getting rid of your whole division. This is a good opportunity for TJ, you'd be hurting him if you don't take this fight."

DJ: (what about my opportunities?)

DJ: "There is no way in hell TJ can make weight. He should have to prove he can make the weight, I'm not going to go through camp and have the record-breaking title fight called off when he misses weight."

UFC: "Don't worry about weight, we guarantee he'll make weight."

DJ: "Oh if its a guarantee, then fine. If he misses weight, you'll legally agree to pay me even if the fight is off, right?"

UFC: "No. And if TJ misses weight, you'll fight Borg."

DJ: "Really? I have to prepare in camp to fight two different possible guys now? Is this an amateur tournament or a UFC championship fight?"

(Dana starts calling out DJ in the media)
[Reply]
alnorth 06:50 PM 06-06-2017
This was cool, they played this video during UFC 212. A lot of fans are too young to know about Sakuraba

[Reply]
alnorth 08:34 PM 06-06-2017

There is renewed optimism surrounding a potential Cris Cyborg vs. Megan Anderson fight at 214 on 7/29. Not done yet but it's getting close.

— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) June 7, 2017

Megan Anderson is the invicta featherweight champ, and she's a 6-footer so she's big enough to be a legit FW who has trouble cutting to 135. She won her last 4 fights by KO, finished her last 6 wins, and never fought Cyborg, so it could be the only potential opponent for Cyborg who might be interesting. If they don't strip de Randamie, then I assume this would be for an interim championship.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:59 AM 06-07-2017

I hope she wrecks Wandy
[Reply]
alnorth 09:39 AM 06-07-2017
MMA schedule this week:

Friday

nothing

Saturday

11:30 am - (Fightpass) - Glory 42

Kickboxing in Europe. Eh, kickboxing is always cool.

7pm TV - (6pm Fightpass/7pm FS1) - UFC Fight Night Lewis vs. Hunt

I can only interpret this main event as Dana White dishing out punishment to Mark Hunt for publicly trashing him, making it clear he's fighting out his contract to leave, and suing the UFC. The Black Beast has been sent out to murder Hunt in front of his home crowd in a card thats.... pretty good, actually. The prelims are kinda weak and filled with guys trying to stay in the UFC, but I like that main card.

Anyway, you should enjoy this one because next week is really gonna suck.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:00 AM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by alnorth:
MMA schedule this week:

Friday

nothing

Saturday

11:30 am - (Fightpass) - Glory 42

Kickboxing in Europe. Eh, kickboxing is always cool.

7pm TV - (6pm Fightpass/7pm FS1) - UFC Fight Night Lewis vs. Hunt

I can only interpret this main event as Dana White dishing out punishment to Mark Hunt for publicly trashing him, making it clear he's fighting out his contract to leave, and suing the UFC. The Black Beast has been sent out to murder Hunt in front of his home crowd in a card thats.... pretty good, actually. The prelims are kinda weak and filled with guys trying to stay in the UFC, but I like that main card.

Anyway, you should enjoy this one because next week is really gonna suck.
I feel like they're just biding their time until we get the supercard at UFC 213.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:06 AM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by alnorth:
This was cool, they played this video during UFC 212. A lot of fans are too young to know about Sakuraba

sakuraba was absolutely fucking awesome
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:08 AM 06-08-2017
and so were his ears.

and FUCK DANA WHITE once again just for good measure. (nothing to do with sakuraba)
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:26 AM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
and so were his ears.

and **** DANA WHITE once again just for good measure. (nothing to do with sakuraba)
Anyone who earns the nickname "the Gracie killer" is a bad man.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:03 AM 06-08-2017
Wasn't it Sakuraba that Rampage tried to throw over the top rope in one of this first fights?
[Reply]
alnorth 10:06 AM 06-09-2017
Weigh-ins are done. Everyone made weight except one of the strawweights on the fightpass prelim. Hunt and Lewis both maxed the scale at 265, so those 2 heavyweights apparently had to cut weight.
[Reply]
mdstu 10:58 PM 06-10-2017
Long live Mark Hunt!
[Reply]
alnorth 02:32 PM 06-12-2017
The Mayweather vs McGregor freakshow looks like it will be announced soon. Mayweather Promotions has reserved the MGM Grand on August 26th for "a Boxing Event".
[Reply]
alnorth 08:29 AM 06-14-2017
Are you ready to stay up all night Friday and into the early morning Saturday to watch Holly Holm fight Bethe Correia? Yeah, me neither. This weekend sucks for MMA because everyone got the hell out of the way when the PPV for Ward vs. Kovalev 2 was announced. Even I'm a bit curious about that fight, and I don't like boxing.

Friday

5pm - (Fightpass) - TKO 39

Canadian promotion. Judging from Tapology rankings, this looks to be about dead average by local promotion standards.

In the Middle of the Damned Night

3:45am - (Fightpass) - UFC Fight Night Holm vs Correia

The main event is terrible. I do not give a damn about either fighter and neither should be anywhere close to a title shot with a win.

I'm just going to pretend the main event doesn't exist. When I do that, the rest of the card isn't too terrible, but the main card starts at 7am, and I'm not waking up for that.
[Reply]
alnorth 03:02 PM 06-14-2017
The freakshow money fight is on.

Kevin Iole is the most respected journalist for both Boxing and MMA in the world, if he says its done, then its done.

The @FloydMayweather @NotoriousMMA fight is DONE and finalized. It will be held Aug. 26 in Las Vegas. https://t.co/ZCIwr7Ewce

— Kevin Iole (@KevinI) June 14, 2017

[Reply]
Page 520 of 662
« First < 20420470510516517518519520 521522523524530570620 > Last »
Up