ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2024 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-28-2024
I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its officially released.

2024 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 03:25 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Damn you, John Mozeliak.

Damn you for making me cheer for Jack Flaherty.
Its pretty comical but this lineup has the potential to be no hit pretty much
2 or 3 times every week.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:44 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its pretty comical but this lineup has the potential to be no hit pretty much
2 or 3 times every week.
And the White Sox are somehow far worse.

Lord they're awful.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 04:14 PM Yesterday
Gibson walks Carson Kelly and his sub .200 BA to load the bases.

Just pitchin' to the scoreboard again...
Are we ready to have a dialogue about how Mozeliak’s moves to improve the Bo and rotation worked?

Or are we going to continue to roast him and DeWitt for this mediocracy.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:40 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Flaherty just skull fucked them. 6.2 IP with 14Ks on 93 pitches and no runs.
Every player that's traded, allowed to leave, cut whatever seems to find success on other teams.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:38 AM Today
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Are we ready to have a dialogue about how Mozeliak’s moves to improve the Bo and rotation worked?

Or are we going to continue to roast him and DeWitt for this mediocracy.
Whaaaat?
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Flaherty just skull ****ed them. 6.2 IP with 14Ks on 93 pitches and no runs.
It's hilarious that he pitched the game of his life and still came away with the ND. Fuck him
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Whaaaat?
Mozeliak’s moves in acquiring Gray, Gibson, Lynn, and Kittredge have actually worked out so far.

Doesn’t excuse his other fuck ups.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:49 AM Today
Mozeliak’s moves in acquiring Gray, Gibson, Lynn, and Kittredge have actually worked out so far.

Doesn’t excuse his other fuck ups.
Except Gray has already been hurt, and now Matz is hurt with zero depth behind him. Maybe wait more than 4 weeks before you start singing the praises of the nursing home starting rotation.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:58 AM Today

Doesn’t excuse his other **** ups.
Through the 1st month the rotation looks better than last year. Unfortunately there was almost no way it could have looked worse. As Rabbi said though, these guys are all pretty seasoned and one or more of them will spend significant time on the DL (it will always be the DL to me)
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Except Gray has already been hurt, and now Matz is hurt with zero depth behind him. Maybe wait more than 4 weeks before you start singing the praises of the nursing home starting rotation.
They signed 3 SP. I’m not sure how many more guys they could have gotten and I’d argue they should have gotten someone that’s better than Lynn.
Matz wasn’t signed this off-season.I still think they should have gotten someone who can play CFin the off-season.

Age is a huge concern with the rotation. Doesn’t mean that the moves haven’t worked out so far.

Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Through the 1st month the rotation looks better than last year. Unfortunately there was almost no way it could have looked worse. As Rabbi said though, these guys are all pretty seasoned and one or more of them will spend significant time on the DL (it will always be the DL to me)
Yeah, I think the rotation couldn’t be worse than last year. I don’t think Lynn will continue to pitch as well as he ha. Gibson at least has a track record of being an average innings eater. Gray has been phenomenal, though.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:17 AM Today
The team is garbage, so yes I will still say he's failed and he gets zero praise for anything.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:21 AM Today
They signed 3 SP. I’m not sure how many more guys they could have gotten and I’d argue they should have gotten someone that’s better than Lynn.
Matz wasn’t signed this off-season.I still think they should have gotten someone who can play CFin the off-season.

Age is a huge concern with the rotation. Doesn’t mean that the moves haven’t worked out so far.
This was always the primary concern of this rotation. How can they possibly hold up for 162 games?

And if you can find anyone that had a bad word to say about the Gray signing, I'd be surprised. Gray was a great get. The issue was that I think that's a guy you want taking the ball on Game 2 after you've had a power pitcher at the top of your rotation speeding guys up.

I'm not sure what you can reasonably expect from Gray in September/October as power pitching starts to become more and more important.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:50 AM Today
This was always the primary concern of this rotation. How can they possibly hold up for 162 games?

And if you can find anyone that had a bad word to say about the Gray signing, I'd be surprised. Gray was a great get. The issue was that I think that's a guy you want taking the ball on Game 2 after you've had a power pitcher at the top of your rotation speeding guys up.

I'm not sure what you can reasonably expect from Gray in September/October as power pitching starts to become more and more important.
The age concerns with the rotation have been something I've had for the past year or 2. Having a bunch of guys in their mid-to-late 30s being counted on for consistent innings isn't a smart plan. I didn't want to go after Scherzer and Verlander because of that.

I think spending on two higher end starters would have been ideal. Personally prefer Montgomery to Snell based on their BB/9 the past 2 seasons and would have signed Gray to pair with him. Doesn't give you a true ace, but gives you two guys who are solid #2s. Bring in Gibson and you've raised the floor of the rotation by a lot.

The BP structure is something I would've done, too. Have a bunch of inexpensive guys with no long-term commitment that didn't profile as starters in AAA (bunch of strikeouts but some endurance/walk issues). Maybe throw in a guy who is a stud and give some commitment, but aside from 1 contract, nothing else should be prohibitive for future seasons in terms of additions.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Up