ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Is 'Baby its Cold Outside" still part of your holiday rotation?
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 12-03-2018
Well, is it?

DENVER — The only FM station in the Denver market exclusively playing Christmas music during the holiday season will no longer play “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.”

KOSI 101.1’s program director said that the decision was made based on listeners’ feedback.

“We are aware of the controversy regarding ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ and based on feedback from our listeners we have decided to pull the song from KOSI 101.1,” said Program Director Jim Lawson in an email to FOX31.

In the song, a man is trying to convince a woman to stay with him instead of returning home, citing poor weather. The female vocalist sings, “I really can’t stay,” to which the male singer responds, “But baby, it’s cold outside.”

Other lyrics sung by the woman include: “Say, what’s in this drink?” and “I simply must go … The answer is ‘no.’”

A Cleveland station recently gained national attention when it stopped playing the song, referencing the “Me Too” movement.

Shortly this story was published, KOSI 101.1 posted a poll on its website asking whether the song should be aired.

https://kdvr.com/2018/12/03/kosi-101...ners-feedback/
[Reply]
Donger 09:16 AM 12-06-2018
So, the "controversy" over this song is that he's trying to get her to stay?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:16 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Katipan:
I'm quite sure that you did.

I can also say that you said you are a closet transvestite that enjoys wearing the occasional espadrille.

Which in itself is gross.
Whatever I did to you, I apologize.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:17 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Donger:
The controversy is it's rapey. Which is OK, because we're strong and rape doesn't bother us, . . . only it really does, . . . but we're to passive aggressive to admit it. So we murmur, and we intimate, and we hint. But don't ask us to express ourselves clearly.
[Reply]
Katipan 09:18 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Whatever I did to you, I apologize.
That's such a lie BL.
You are going to have some bad juju today.
[Reply]
Donger 09:18 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The controversy is it's rapey. Which is OK, because we're strong and rape doesn't bother us, . . . only it really does, . . . but we're to passive aggressive to admit it. So we murmur, and we intimate, and we hint. But don't ask us to express ourselves clearly.
What's rapey about trying to get a woman to stay?
[Reply]
Katipan 09:19 AM 12-06-2018
A subject matter can be about rape and I can not care that it's about rape.
[Reply]
Trolly McTrollson 09:19 AM 12-06-2018
You’re really confused by this?
[Reply]
Katipan 09:19 AM 12-06-2018
What's rapey about trying to get a woman to stay?
Remember how you used to be all it's not assault just because you dont give consent and then the wife talked to you and you were like ok hunny you know what thats right.

Lets just do that again.
[Reply]
Donger 09:23 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson:
You’re really confused by this?
Yes, I am. Where's the rapey part?
[Reply]
Donger 09:23 AM 12-06-2018
Remember how you used to be all it's not assault just because you dont give consent and then the wife talked to you and you were like ok hunny you know what thats right.

Lets just do that again.
No, I don't.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:24 AM 12-06-2018
In a normal world, when one hears a song on the radio we don't care for, we change stations.

In Prog world we join together in a form of social outrage and demand that no one should hear it ever again. I recall when Randy Neuman released "Short People". The nutters flew into action on that one!!

Its silly. Its a song. Don't listen to songs that fuel your misery. And do listen to songs that fan the flames of joy and happiness.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:24 AM 12-06-2018
That's such a lie BL.
You are going to have some bad juju today.
What the everloving fuck is your problem.

I honestly don't recall ever having a cross word with you, yet you keep passive-aggressively suggesting we're in some epic battle. I've asked you to come clean, and you, again passive-aggressively, state everything is fine. Then you call me an asshole by inference, and now I'm in for bad ju-ju.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.
[Reply]
Trolly McTrollson 09:24 AM 12-06-2018
Yes, I am. Where's the rapey part?
“Say what’s in this drink” doesn’t seem problematic to you?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:25 AM 12-06-2018
No, I don't.
I really, truly, and honestly think she is having a psychotic break where she's confabulated conversations and controversies.
[Reply]
Donger 09:26 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson:
“Say what’s in this drink” doesn’t seem problematic to you?
No. It's speculation. It could be just booze.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up