ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Is 'Baby its Cold Outside" still part of your holiday rotation?
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 12-03-2018
Well, is it?

DENVER — The only FM station in the Denver market exclusively playing Christmas music during the holiday season will no longer play “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.”

KOSI 101.1’s program director said that the decision was made based on listeners’ feedback.

“We are aware of the controversy regarding ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ and based on feedback from our listeners we have decided to pull the song from KOSI 101.1,” said Program Director Jim Lawson in an email to FOX31.

In the song, a man is trying to convince a woman to stay with him instead of returning home, citing poor weather. The female vocalist sings, “I really can’t stay,” to which the male singer responds, “But baby, it’s cold outside.”

Other lyrics sung by the woman include: “Say, what’s in this drink?” and “I simply must go … The answer is ‘no.’”

A Cleveland station recently gained national attention when it stopped playing the song, referencing the “Me Too” movement.

Shortly this story was published, KOSI 101.1 posted a poll on its website asking whether the song should be aired.

https://kdvr.com/2018/12/03/kosi-101...ners-feedback/
[Reply]
luv 08:28 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Liberals are miserable people. To compensate they only seek to take away from happy people things that make them happy. Liberals never do anything fun and fun things are the target of their scorn.

Hoping your Holiday season is fantastic!! Ignore negative and awful people.
Doesn't sound like you're too positive.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 08:37 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by luv:
Conservatives are miserable people. To compensate they only seek out stories stories about people not liking what they like so they can talk down to a feel superior over them for happiness. Conservatives never do anything "fun", their "fun" is centered on complaining about what other people like or don't like to play the victim.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:48 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by luv:
Oh not so...Im positive that misery seems to follow liberals like a bad cold.

Im quite positive in my life.

Im one of the most fortunate and blessed fellows you will ever run into. And there is nothing i enjoy more than this part of the year. Today is really quite special, an organization that I am a member of and enjoy very much will give our annual contribution to two area food banks who so desperately need help especially this year with the advanced cold temps and the holidays.

I hope your Holiday is filled with blessings and fun. Have a Merry Christmas!!
[Reply]
Loneiguana 08:50 AM 12-06-2018

Im one of the most fortunate and blessed fellows you will ever run into. And there is nothing i enjoy more than this part of the year. Today is really quite special, an organization that I am a member of and enjoy very much will give our annual contribution to two area food banks who so desperately need help especially this year with the advanced cold temps and the holidays.

Remember kids, if someone doesn't like a song, and have the gall to give a specific reason, they are miserable.

That's why its a known fact that all conservatives are miserable because they complain about rap and complain about what other people like or don't like.

/goddamn this victim playing generalization is easy to play. And fun.
[Reply]
Katipan 08:50 AM 12-06-2018
Strong on humility too.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:55 AM 12-06-2018
- You seem miserable
* No, I'm quite happy
- well aren't you entitled

:-) :-)
[Reply]
Katipan 08:57 AM 12-06-2018
It's not funny that you don't know what entitled means. :-)
[Reply]
Trolly McTrollson 09:01 AM 12-06-2018
This song doesn’t honor Christ and hence has no business being a Christmas song. #WarOnChristmas
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:04 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Katipan:
It's not funny that you don't know what entitled means. :-)
Certainly not, in this era where people weaponize the lexicon for their own philosophical ends.

Finding out there are plenty of words I 'don't know the meaning of' anymore in today's social setting, as people endeavor to actively remodel them to suit their own comfort level.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:05 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Remember kids, if someone doesn't like a song, and have the gall to give a specific reason, they are miserable.

That's why its a known fact that all conservatives are miserable because they complain about rap and complain about what other people like or don't like.

/goddamn this victim playing generalization is easy to play. And fun.

You are a court jester, what the King called a "fool".

I actually know many conservatives who happen to enjoy a huge range of music and no one would logically want to define a political ideology based on a music genre. So that young fool was a swing and a miss. Im sure you have among your circle of friends people who listen to country and enjoy it greatly.

And yes, we do seem to see a general theme among progressives that they do seem unhappy....they are unhappy when they see someone enjoying things like fishing. They bring the peta people to demand no more inhumane treatment of fish. Or a lady enjoying a Pork chop, we call the prog Vegans to demand we stop eating meat......the list goes on and on and on.

As I rarely respond to your babble, this is maybe my one and only opportunity to wish you and yours a most awesome Holiday season. And the New Year be one of great achievement and the blessings of a loving God come your way.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:06 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
- You seem miserable
* No, I'm quite happy
- well aren't you entitled

:-) :-)

ain't that the truth

Merry Christmas to you Baby Lee
[Reply]
Katipan 09:06 AM 12-06-2018
Certainly not, in this era where people weaponize the lexicon for their own philosophical ends.

Finding out there are plenty of words I 'don't know the meaning of' anymore in today's social setting, as people endeavor to actively remodel them to suit their own comfort level.
No, I think you had a brain fart.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:12 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Katipan:
No, I think you had a brain fart.
I understand what I said. I meant to say exactly that.

All the best, though.
[Reply]
luv 09:12 AM 12-06-2018

Ah, so you just get joy out of putting others down. I get it now. Merry Christmas to you, as well.
[Reply]
Katipan 09:15 AM 12-06-2018
I understand what I said. I meant to say exactly that.

All the best, though.
I'm quite sure that you did.

I can also say that you said you are a closet transvestite that enjoys wearing the occasional espadrille.

Which in itself is gross.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up