ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Is 'Baby its Cold Outside" still part of your holiday rotation?
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 12-03-2018
Well, is it?

DENVER — The only FM station in the Denver market exclusively playing Christmas music during the holiday season will no longer play “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.”

KOSI 101.1’s program director said that the decision was made based on listeners’ feedback.

“We are aware of the controversy regarding ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ and based on feedback from our listeners we have decided to pull the song from KOSI 101.1,” said Program Director Jim Lawson in an email to FOX31.

In the song, a man is trying to convince a woman to stay with him instead of returning home, citing poor weather. The female vocalist sings, “I really can’t stay,” to which the male singer responds, “But baby, it’s cold outside.”

Other lyrics sung by the woman include: “Say, what’s in this drink?” and “I simply must go … The answer is ‘no.’”

A Cleveland station recently gained national attention when it stopped playing the song, referencing the “Me Too” movement.

Shortly this story was published, KOSI 101.1 posted a poll on its website asking whether the song should be aired.

https://kdvr.com/2018/12/03/kosi-101...ners-feedback/
[Reply]
vailpass 05:26 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Crap, it's back.

Who summoned it's name?
It’s Valtrex time.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 07:18 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by stevieray:
your and idiot.

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:12 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
You're still doing it. Unless you can be more specific about what you find creepy in the song instead of spamming your opinion, there really isn't any reason to continue discussing it with you.
It is creepy he thinks it is a Christmas song.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:49 PM 12-06-2018
So what happens if the gentleman kicks her out into the cold; you know, asks her to leave?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 05:47 AM 12-07-2018
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas is still the all time best!
[Reply]
Katipan 07:45 AM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Your opinion is wrong.
"There's something stuck up in the chimney" ftw
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:51 AM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Racist, sexist, and misogynistic post! Hippos (other than the hippos walking north from Guatemala with kids in tow in search of free shit)) are endangered.
[Reply]
Fish 11:13 AM 12-12-2018
Everyone can finally rest easy. Common sense has prevailed.

Originally Posted by :
Within 24 hours, Figula estimates they received thousands of complaints, some threatening boycotts, protests and threats.

Figula's theory on this is that Christmas music is a little more personal to people — both a warm, comforting blanket through which stress can't permeate and a happy reminder of unwrapping your first bicycle.

On Tuesday afternoon, he decided to leave the song's fate up to a poll.

More than 23,000 votes showed 77 percent of respondents were in favor of putting the song back on the air.

On Monday, the day the poll ended, KPIX-TV reported the station was returning the song to air. "KOIT has concluded that the vast majority consider the song to be a valuable part of their holiday tradition, and they still want to hear it on the radio," Figula told the TV station in a statement.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/should-...Otl60yfD_NEfoQ

[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 11:17 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Freaking idiots shouldn’t have caved in the first place.

Morons.
[Reply]
lewdog 11:21 AM 12-12-2018
Only when I'm the one doing the raping.
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:21 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Till next year, "Baby it's Cold Outside PC SJW story". Till next year.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:27 AM 12-12-2018
Captain Kirk says fuck your SJW feelings.

William Shatner battles with fans over defense of 'Baby It's Cold Outside'

Former “Star Trek” actor William Shatner has taken a hard stance on the ongoing controversy surrounding the Christmas song “Baby It’s Cold Outside” to both the joy and dismay of his fans.

As previously reported, the song has been removed by some radio stations over claims that the song deals with a woman saying “no” to a man’s advances and him persisting. The 87-year-old actor took to Twitter on Tuesday to urge fans to call into CBC radio after it announced that it would remove the holiday song from the airwaves to demand they play it.

“Call in to CBC radio all day and get them to play ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ over and over until midnight!” Shatner wrote.

The former “T.J. Hooker” lead continued to engage with fans on the issue, explaining that he’s worried about the “myopic glasses” that the classic song is being viewed through in 2018.

“C’mon Bill. Isn’t there something, anything, you can find that is more important to rally for?” one user questioned.

“I would think that censorship of classics because certain “types” need to judge things through their own 2018 myopic glasses and demand they be stricken from history is important. Or is this 1984 only 34 years too late?” the star shot back.

Fans were quick to continue to debate the highly contentious issue before Shatner chimed in again to make it clear that he actually believes what he’s saying.

William Shatner

@WilliamShatner
I’m not, actually. ��

Keith Adams Jr.
@BigBrother1988
Replying to @GretaGarbolini @WilliamShatner
He’s only joking around. Be cool.

He didn’t relent when confronted with CBC Music’s report that it is restoring the song to the airwaves either.

“I’d still call and request the song be played just to stick it to the Myopia Censorship Club members!” he wrote.

Shatner continued to argue with disgruntled fans noting that the original 1949 choreography for the song is more indicative of the song’s sweeter intentions.

“Have you watched the original choreography, myopic Peter or are you one of those who needs to take the lyrics & extrapolate worst case? You must clutch your pearls over rap music,”
he wrote along with a video of the song being sung in the film “Neptune’s Daughter.”

He continued: “The choreography is the interpretation of the lyrics from the timeframe when it was written(1940’s.) If 2018 prudes want to interpret the lyrics as something else; the problem obviously lies in their own minds not in the original lyrics.”

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...s-cold-outside
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:46 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
“I’d still call and request the song be played just to stick it to the Myopia Censorship Club members!” he wrote.

“Have you watched the original choreography, myopic Peter or are you one of those who needs to take the lyrics & extrapolate worst case? You must clutch your pearls over rap music,” he wrote along with a video of the song being sung in the film “Neptune’s Daughter.”

He continued: “The choreography is the interpretation of the lyrics from the timeframe when it was written(1940’s.) If 2018 prudes want to interpret the lyrics as something else; the problem obviously lies in their own minds not in the original lyrics.”
Bill, you 87 year old fountain of awesomeness. Damn.

[Reply]
Pennywise 11:57 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Bill, you 87 year old fountain of awesomeness. Damn.

At 87 I bet he's shat'n his pants.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:31 PM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by Pennywise:
At 87 I bet he's shat'n his pants.
I'm sure he's had his battles with cling-ons.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Up