ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 19
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Is 'Baby its Cold Outside" still part of your holiday rotation?
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 12-03-2018
Well, is it?

DENVER — The only FM station in the Denver market exclusively playing Christmas music during the holiday season will no longer play “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.”

KOSI 101.1’s program director said that the decision was made based on listeners’ feedback.

“We are aware of the controversy regarding ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ and based on feedback from our listeners we have decided to pull the song from KOSI 101.1,” said Program Director Jim Lawson in an email to FOX31.

In the song, a man is trying to convince a woman to stay with him instead of returning home, citing poor weather. The female vocalist sings, “I really can’t stay,” to which the male singer responds, “But baby, it’s cold outside.”

Other lyrics sung by the woman include: “Say, what’s in this drink?” and “I simply must go … The answer is ‘no.’”

A Cleveland station recently gained national attention when it stopped playing the song, referencing the “Me Too” movement.

Shortly this story was published, KOSI 101.1 posted a poll on its website asking whether the song should be aired.

https://kdvr.com/2018/12/03/kosi-101...ners-feedback/
[Reply]
Katipan 09:27 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
What the everloving **** is your problem.

I honestly don't recall ever having a cross word with you, yet you keep passive-aggressively suggesting we're in some epic battle. I've asked you to come clean, and you, again passive-aggressively, state everything is fine. Then you call me an asshole by inference, and now I'm in for bad ju-ju.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.
I've been pretty clear.
You just don't like my answers.

You want to play white knight for HC. Have fun. Never been one to play a Princess in a tower, but it looks good on you.
[Reply]
Katipan 09:27 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Donger:
No, I don't.
I dooooo.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:27 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson:
“Say what’s in this drink” doesn’t seem problematic to you?
Gin? Vodka? Rum?

Here try this....

ok

sip

wow thats really good! Whats in this drink?

Its called a Dirty Martini...it has olive juice in it.

Wow, Ive never had one before, its very good!!
[Reply]
Trolly McTrollson 09:27 AM 12-06-2018
No. It's speculation. It could be just booze.
Fault: statement.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:29 AM 12-06-2018
In the context of the time, no.

You're thinking of a time post-Cosby, post-Roofie.

In the context of the rest of the song and the time it was written, it's more about her head swimming, possibly from intoxication but possibly not chemical intoxication, . . . the headiness of the moment. And 'what's in this drink' about coyly suggesting that the alcohol was affecting her more than might be obvious.

Jesus people.
[Reply]
Donger 09:29 AM 12-06-2018
Fault: statement.
It's actually a question.

Did they even have "roofies" or whatever they are called in the 1940s?
[Reply]
luv 09:29 AM 12-06-2018
I've asked that tons of times before whenever a drink is just really strong or has a different taste than I was expecting. Doesn't mean I was being roofied.
[Reply]
Donger 09:29 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Katipan:
I dooooo.
Okay.
[Reply]
luv 09:30 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
In the context of the time, no.

You're thinking of a time post-Cosby, post-Roofie.

In the context of the rest of the song and the time it was written, it's more about her head swimming, possibly from intoxication but possibly not chemical intoxication, . . . the headiness of the moment. And 'what's in this drink' about coyly suggesting that the alcohol was affecting her more than might be obvious.

Jesus people.
I lean left, and even I understand this. :-)
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:30 AM 12-06-2018
We should have a Thread of Music Progs/Lefties object to.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:31 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Katipan:
I've been pretty clear.
You just don't like my answers.

You want to play white knight for HC. Have fun. Never been one to play a Princess in a tower, but it looks good on you.
The fuck you have. You've never indicated what your beef is, only that you harbor strong resentment towards me for no discernible reason.

Maybe best you just avoid me. I really have no problem with you. I've never had a cross thought towards, except in your expressed hatred and unwillingness to explain. And I truly wish for an opportunity to face my charges and atone.
[Reply]
Trolly McTrollson 09:36 AM 12-06-2018
It's actually a question.
No, you clearly were making a statement and not a question. 1-0 is the score, next round:

Originally Posted by :
Did they even have "roofies" or whatever they are called in the 1940s?
You’ve never heard of a Mickey Finn?
[Reply]
Donger 09:38 AM 12-06-2018
No, you clearly were making a statement and not a question. 1-0 is the score, next round:
I wasn't talking about me. I was talking about the female asking what's in the drink.

You’ve never heard of a Mickey Finn?
Yes, I've heard the name, but I don't know who or what it means.
[Reply]
Trolly McTrollson 09:40 AM 12-06-2018
I wasn't talking about me. I was talking about the female asking what's in the drink.

Fault: statement. 2-0 the score, your serve.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:41 AM 12-06-2018

It's an old way of spiking a drink. It's still irrelevant, of course, because the woman in the song is referring to social pressures that keep her from enjoying a sexual relationship rather than a 'rapey' would-be lover.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 19
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up