ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 224 of 225
« First < 124174214220221222223224 225 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Midterms 2018 Mega Thread
Taco John 09:16 PM 10-21-2018
We get started with a shot across the bow of the Democrats by the president.

All levels of government and Law Enforcement are watching carefully for VOTER FRAUD, including during EARLY VOTING. Cheat at your own peril. Violators will be subject to maximum penalties, both civil and criminal!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 21, 2018

[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:23 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
You leave no room for the possibility that Missouri has shifted right enough that Ms. Claire "I'm the most moderate person in the history of the Universe" McCaskill can no longer appeal to our backwoods hillbilly base? It has to be because she lipped off to her party? (and then voted with them anyways)
Pissing off the Dem base certainly played into eroding support, but I know at least in my mind it wasn't so much that she 'turned' left, or that I 'turned' right.

I voted for her proudly in her first bid because she was a heck of a State Auditor. But when in the Senate her first offense was flacking for ObamaCare. Then she sought re-election through a stealth campaign of propping up her weakest opponent in the primaries in order to avoid real competition. After what Missouri went through placing a housewife in the seat because her nice poor husband died during his campaign, that was just a little too much campaign hijinks from the Dems for me for the moment.

Absent those things, I wouldn't have given a moment's thought to her Kavanaugh vote. Even though the entire spectacle was disgusting, I could understand her voting against on a number of grounds, straight party, judicial philosophy, or the allegations, without holding it against her overly. Particularly as she wasn't vocal or grandstandy about it. That particular issue may have changed some minds, but mine was already made up, and I'd like to think that if she had my support before that I'd be open-minded about that single vote being decisive against her.

Somewhere down deep, she probably does have a quasi-centrist heart. Her bigger problem was; 1) the issues she decided to vocally toe the party line on, and 2) her political opportunism once in the Senate.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:23 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/30/u...democrats.html

Is the main reason she lost both her and donnelly attacked their own party and got rocked.
It's just astounding how clueless you are.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:14 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by :
‘Not prepared’: Broward’s election self-analysis on what went wrong
After the counting is over, counties are required to report election problems to the state. Broward listed 'staffing shortages and procedural violations.'
Originally Posted by :
...But a newly-released report filed by Broward with the state on its election performance may not make Snipes' fight for vindication any easier....
Originally Posted by :
...Broward's report cites a series of equipment breakdowns, staffing shortages, procedural violations and changes in ballot totals — problems widely reported by the Florida news media in the weeks after the election, such as the mix-up involving the counting of a group of 205 provisional ballots....
https://www.tampabay.com/florida-pol...at-went-wrong/
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:15 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by alnorth:
North Carolina was supposed to certify their elections this week. The 9-member NC board of elections voted 7-2 to not certify NC-09 and to hold a hearing on December 21st to examine complaints of election fraud. The board is made up of 5 democrats and 4 republicans. The 4 republicans split 2-2 on the vote to certify.

Talk about projection, after all this whining about election fraud and Trump's constant bullshit, it is the GOP that is caught up in a legit case where actual evidence of election fraud exists.
Originally Posted by :
A former police chief is among six people indicted on accusations that they tried to influence a 2017 election in a central Mississippi city by improperly helping people fill out absentee ballots and voting despite being disqualified, prosecutors said Thursday.

Among those in the city of Canton who were indicted are alderwoman and former police chief Vickie McNeil and city employee and school board member Courtney Rainey.
https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...ssissippi.html

You're welcome to guess as to the party affiliations of the various people indicted.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:22 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
So you leave no room for this being a real possibility?

You leave no room for possibility that Missouri has shifted right enough that Ms. Claire "I'm the most moderate person in the history of the Universe" McCaskill can no longer appeal to our backwoods hillbilly base? It has to be because she lipped off to her party? (and then voted with them anyways)

I honestly don't know the answer to that and you don't either. But I suspect that her party trying to derail a conservative man in a conservative state left some ucky on her when she voted with her party..... like she always does! Scratch that, DID :-)
All I can say, is I saw Hawley speak on Fox a few nights ago, and I was really impressed with him and how he speaks.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:31 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
All I can say, is I saw Hawley speak on Fox a few nights ago, and I was really impressed with him and how he speaks.
He is a fairly smooth talker.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:42 PM 12-06-2018
...THREE WEEKS AFTER THE ELECTION.

Ballot Harvesting
The old word for this was called "Ballot Stuffing". Jerry Brown made in legal in 2016 to add to Democrat's tools for stealing elections, and allowing people who shouldn't be voting to vote without checks. Of course, they only had third parties go door-to-door collecting ballots of Democrats.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bal...ia-republicans
It's not just happening in California. Democrats are changing election laws in other states too. Remember Alabama allowed convicted felons to vote.

Look what's happened in California so far, and could soon follow in other states.

1) Motor Voter Law. This meant that as soon as any California resident acquired or renewed his driver's license or state ID, he would be registered to vote automatically.

2) Automatic absentee ballots to everyone. State legislature authorized counties automatically to send absentee ballots to voters, even if they had not requested those ballots.

3) Changes to Ballot Custody
The rules governing ballot custody were changed so that anyone could turn in absentee ballots, not just the actual voter. ( This one is very scarey when you think of the opportunities.)

Ring warns that Democratic legislatures in states that went all blue in the last midterm – Democrats picked up six new houses and several governorships – were watching California very closely. They want what California has and are likely to pass the three laws California did to seal their permanent power entrenchment: Motor Voter laws that register voters whether they like it or not, absentee ballots mailed to voters whether they like it or not, and ballot-harvesting with no chain of custody by absolutely anyone.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...#ixzz5YxE8eQTt

Kiss the end to days when elections were decided on one day. Banana Republic here we come!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:43 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
He is a fairly smooth talker.
Excellent delivery — sounds knowledgeable, intelligent and confident.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:57 PM 12-06-2018
Florida didn't have enough extra absentee ballots for flip the state. They needed 80k but only had 60k.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 02:56 AM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Pissing off the Dem base certainly played into eroding support, but I know at least in my mind it wasn't so much that she 'turned' left, or that I 'turned' right.

I voted for her proudly in her first bid because she was a heck of a State Auditor. But when in the Senate her first offense was flacking for ObamaCare. Then she sought re-election through a stealth campaign of propping up her weakest opponent in the primaries in order to avoid real competition. After what Missouri went through placing a housewife in the seat because her nice poor husband died during his campaign, that was just a little too much campaign hijinks from the Dems for me for the moment.

Absent those things, I wouldn't have given a moment's thought to her Kavanaugh vote. Even though the entire spectacle was disgusting, I could understand her voting against on a number of grounds, straight party, judicial philosophy, or the allegations, without holding it against her overly. Particularly as she wasn't vocal or grandstandy about it. That particular issue may have changed some minds, but mine was already made up, and I'd like to think that if she had my support before that I'd be open-minded about that single vote being decisive against her.

Somewhere down deep, she probably does have a quasi-centrist heart. Her bigger problem was; 1) the issues she decided to vocally toe the party line on, and 2) her political opportunism once in the Senate.
She definitely had some game going on. I have posted here more than once that my small, insignificant county is blood red in recent voting history. Except Claire. I never did understand what rural Missourians seen in her. I know why she won, St. Louis loved her. But I didn't see (still don't) why my rural Missouri county voted for her. But, we did. :-)

As to the bolded, I was never a fan of hers to start. But when she voted for Obamacare and then started singing about it, ouch :-) I just have to think that was major blowback for her. I don't know if it was or not, but it caused me every since that vote to talk to co-workers, neighbors, the mailman, the kid bagging my groceries, etc. etc. whenever the topic would come up, just what that did to healthcare in America. Not to mention the cost to the taxpayers footing the bill.

And to sing that song in a state that was trending red anyways, damn!! Maybe she figured unemployment would pay more?:-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:58 AM 12-07-2018
So let me understand this: Democrats call "ballot harvesting" in NC done by one Republican "election fraud" but call "ballot harvesting" done in massive numbers by Democrats in California "democracy."

Sounds logical./sarcasm]

Can't make this stuff up!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:00 AM 12-07-2018
I think elections are for an engaged responsible citizenry. If they can't vote with early voting available, or request an absentee ballot and send it in on their own, or bother to register on their own—but need laws to do it all for them, then that's vote welfare to me.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:10 AM 12-07-2018
Maine GOP Calls for Investigation of Election Irregularities in 2nd District

The Maine Republican Party called on Maine Secretary of State Matt Dunlap on Thursday to launch an investigation into election irregularities it has uncovered in the controversial 2nd congressional district election held on November 6.
The party released evidence of those irregularities on Thursday: 17 sworn affidavits from voters who are residents of four towns in southern Maine that are part of the 1st Congressional District, who say that on election day, they were given ballots for the November 6 election in the 2nd Congressional District between Democrat Jared Golden and Rep. Bruce Poliquin (R-ME-02).

As Breitbart News reported, “Secretary of State Dunlap, a Democrat, declared Democrat Jared Golden the winner of the election on November 15, despite the fact that Rep. Bruce Poliquin (R-ME-02) received 2,632 more votes than Golden on election day, a consequence of the state’s implementation of a controversial ‘rank voting’ system.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...d-rank-voting/

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:46 PM 12-11-2018
Flake's still being a little bitch, but the GOP got a judge through anyway.

Originally Posted by :
Vice President Pence broke a tied Senate vote on Tuesday to confirm Jonathan Kobes as a judge on the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals.

The vote was stuck at 50-50 after Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) joined with all Democrats in opposing the nomination. Flake, who is retiring in January, is voting "no" on all judicial picks until he gets a vote on legislation protecting special counsel Robert Mueller from being fired without cause.

Pence, who was presiding over the chamber, broke the tie by casting the 51st vote to confirm Kobes.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ls-court-judge
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:04 PM 12-11-2018
Flake wants Mueller in power through out thee entire Trump presidency.. He has something to hide. IMO
[Reply]
Page 224 of 225
« First < 124174214220221222223224 225 >
Up