ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>North Carolina hit with subpoena for millions of voter records by federal officials i
vailpass 01:05 PM 09-06-2018
North Carolina hit with subpoena for millions of voter records by federal officials investigating fraud

Federal immigration officials have subpoenaed more than 20 million documents related to voter records in North Carolina as part of an investigation into alleged fraud.

The official request is “the most exhaustive on record” for election officials, North Carolina State Board of Elections and Ethics Enforcement (NCSBE) attorney Josh Lawson said to the assistant U.S. attorney named on the subpoena in an email, which was provided to Fox News.

The request comes just weeks after Justice Department officials charged 19 foreign nationals with illegal voting in North Carolina in the 2016 election. The cases are also being investigated by the Immigration and Custom Enforcements (ICE) agency.

The defendants – from numerous countries, including Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Nigeria and Germany – were accused of filing a false claim of citizenship in order to vote or illegal voting.

The subpoena request, which state officials say impedes their efforts to get ready for November elections, asks for more than 15 million documents in North Carolina’s voter registration database as well as more than 5.6 million individual ballots from 44 counties, according to data provided to Fox News by the NCSBE.

Specifically, the subpoena requests of the counties: “Any and all poll books, e-poll books, voting records, and/or voter authorization documents, and executive official ballots (including absentee official ballots), that were submitted to, filed by, received by, and/or maintained by the [specific county's board of elections] from August 30, 2013 through August 30, 2018.”

And of the state board of elections: “Any and all voter registration applications and/or other documents, as identified below, that were submitted to, filed by, received by, or maintained by the North Carolina State Board of Elections from January 1, 2010 through August 30, 2018, within any of the counties in North Carolina.”

The state has a deadline of Sept. 25 to comply with the subpoena request, although Assistant U.S. Attorney Sebastian Kielmanovich indicated county board officials could apply for an extension.

“We are deeply concerned by the administrative drain on county boards of elections in order to comply with the extensive subpoenas immediately prior to a federal election, including the necessary reproduction of millions of documents (all ballots, etc.),” Lawson said in his letter.

“Responding to the subpoena will impose an unreasonable burden upon the staff of each county subpoenaed, and it is difficult to believe that it will be possible to review the vast quantity of requested materials before the general election,” Wake County Commissioner John D. Burns said in a letter to U.S. Attorney Robert Higdon.

Higdon resides over the 44 counties specifically targeted in the subpoena, according to WRAL-TV. A spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of North Carolina declined to comment on the subpoenas to Fox News on Thursday.

Wake County Board of Elections Vice Chairman Greg Flynn told WRAL: “I don’t even know if they have the manpower to process all that. It’s just so broad, and the number of documents you’re talking about is just phenomenal.”

Burns also said the investigation “risks being viewed by the public as a partisan effort to interfere with the vote” in the upcoming general election.

There has been an intense debate in the country – particularly in North Carolina – over voter fraud and efforts by Republican lawmakers to impose stricter voter ID requirements. President Trump, too, has long claimed widespread voter fraud took place in the 2016 election, an assertion that has not been substantiated. But Democrats have argued voting fraud is not a widespread problem.

Trump launched a voter fraud commission in his first year in office, but it disbanded after facing multiple legal challenges as it attempted a widespread collection of data.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ing-fraud.html
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:59 PM 12-01-2018
Another comment in that WaPo link by a Harriet W , can't believe Trump's win was legitimate for these reasons:

Originally Posted by :
I don't believe his "win" was legitimate either. Nobody wins by exactly 1% in 3 states.
These folks don't even know that HiLiaRy's wins in other states were very, very close too.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:20 PM 12-01-2018
Heritage has a database of voter fraud by state.

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud#choose-a-state
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:25 PM 12-01-2018
Apparently NC was being investigated for election fraud in Sept before the MidTerms.
(I recall reading there was an issue with NC and fraud which was a case that helped Obama win the State.)
Sept. 5, 2018

Federal prosecutors have issued sweeping subpoenas demanding that millions of North Carolina voter records be turned over to immigration authorities by Sept. 25.

With just two months to go before the midterms, the subpoenas threatened to sow chaos in the state’s election machinery, while renewing the Trump administration’s repeatedly discredited claims of widespread voting by illegal immigrants.

The unsealed grand jury subpoenas were sent to the state elections board and to 44 county elections boards in eastern North Carolina. Their existence became widely known after Marc E. Elias, a voting rights lawyer aligned with the Democratic Party, mentioned them on Twitter.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/u...na-voting.html

[Reply]
Lex Luthor 08:48 AM 12-02-2018
Somebody seems awfully triggered by this topic. What's the record for the most consecutive posts in a thread by a single poster?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:24 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
Somebody seems awfully triggered by this topic. What's the record for the most consecutive posts in a thread by a single poster?
Eat a dick.

chairman of the North Carolina Board of Elections has resigned amid a growing investigation into possible election fraud that allegedly took place in this year's primary and general elections in the state's 9th Congressional District.

Andy Penry, a Democrat appointed to the position by the state's Democratic Governor Roy Cooper
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:04 PM 12-02-2018
I hope we are cheating, or learning to cheat, if we get half as good at it as the liberals we might save this nation.
[Reply]
The Pest 08:12 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
They have a weird absentee ballot process. After election night they still had to count millions of mailed ballots which took weeks.Takes forever to certify their results. During that time period the R winners flipped to D winners. Imagine that. I find that statistically unlikely for that many to flip.
Explain how it’s “weird”. Have you ever worked in Elections? Do you know how long it takes to count these votes? My guess is no. You expect that everything should be counted by election night at 8 PM and then we should be done. Too fucking bad that it’s PHYSICALLY FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 09:40 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Eat a dick.
Don't tell him that!! He's a liberal, he might do it :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:32 PM 12-02-2018
https://www.npr.org/2018/12/01/67253...olina-house-ra

Originally Posted by :
Gerry Cohen, an elections expert in North Carolina,*told WFAE*that when people go through the process to request an absentee ballot, they often return them. "The return rate is usually about 80 or 90 percent," he said.

November's unreturned ballots were disproportionately associated with minorities, according to the*News & Observer:

More than 40 percent of the ballots requested by African Americans and more than 60 percent of those requested by American Indians did not make it back to elections officials. For white voters, that figure was just 17 percent.
It's legitimately interesting to me that some of you have such a vested interest in believing Republicans aren't trying to rig the vote in every way possible. I believe you honestly don't want to believe what your party has figured out a while back - you can't win without rigging the vote.

Either that or you're doing a really really good job of pretending you want to see honest elections.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:33 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Explain how it’s “weird”. Have you ever worked in Elections? Do you know how long it takes to count these votes? My guess is no. You expect that everything should be counted by election night at 8 PM and then we should be done. Too fucking bad that it’s PHYSICALLY FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE.
Dude Paul Ryan said it was weird - that's all low-info conservatives need to know.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:35 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
We are not MSNBC worshipers. We know what fake news is and those are bullshit links. Good try.
This is a very stupid post and projection as usual. I've watched less than an hour of MSNBC in my life. It's preaching to the choir and annoying as hell for me. I tried to watch Maddow once and couldn't stand it.

I would have voted for a Republican with character (like Arnie - if he could run) over HRC in a heartbeat.

I actually pay attention to the world and actually give a shit about what's best for this country. It's not just Broncos vs. Chiefs for me like it is for so many of you hyper-partisan bubble moonies.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:40 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I hope we are cheating, or learning to cheat, if we get half as good at it as the liberals we might save this nation.
Right - except for some reason it's only your side that actually cheats. All the stuff about Florida and California hasn't amounted to anything.

All the right-wing propaganda about Obama the people working for him going to jail has amounted to nothing. Meanwhile Trump has now had 34 subordinates convicted - in 2 years.

Etc.

Eventually the truth gets so overwhelming even your right-wing media bubble can't keep it out. Young people get. Even normal suburban republicans, who aren't captivated by the super racist dog whistles (which Trump has turned into normal whistles) and actually have something to lose, are starting to get it.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 11:43 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
This is a very stupid post and projection as usual. I've watched less than an hour of MSNBC in my life. It's preaching to the choir and annoying as hell for me. I tried to watch Maddow once and couldn't stand it.

I would have voted for a Republican with character (like Arnie - if he could run) over HRC in a heartbeat.

I actually pay attention to the world and actually give a shit about what's best for this country. It's not just Broncos vs. Chiefs for me like it is for so many of you hyper-partisan bubble moonies.
Oh Damn :-)
[Reply]
Shields68 09:33 AM 12-03-2018
https://www.npr.org/2018/12/01/67253...olina-house-ra

It's legitimately interesting to me that some of you have such a vested interest in believing Republicans aren't trying to rig the vote in every way possible. I believe you honestly don't want to believe what your party has figured out a while back - you can't win without rigging the vote.

Either that or you're doing a really really good job of pretending you want to see honest elections.
There are a lot of other factors in play, most of the other factors do not "support rigging the vote".

I mean he cites historically 80-90% return rate. But does not indicate that the Democrat voters had a huge spike in requesting absentee ballots. The Democrat party was making a huge push in attempting to get their voters to request absentee ballots. My guess is that your historical numbers are going to drop when a campaign is urging prople and assisting them in requesting the ballots.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/po...220171200.html

Even liberal 538 says

None of this necessarily means that there was wrongdoing in the North Carolina 9th. True voter fraud, remember, is quite rare. High levels of absentee-by-mail ballot requests and high candidate performance among those ballots could also be a function of strong get-out-the-vote programs run by the campaigns of Harris and Johnson. Still, given the irregularities in absentee-by-mail votes in Robeson and Bladen counties, we should take seriously the possibility that voter fraud occurred here.

But of course suzzer knows it happened and only a true partisan can deny it happened.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:05 AM 12-03-2018
Right - except for some reason it's only your side that actually cheats. All the stuff about Florida and California hasn't amounted to anything.

All the right-wing propaganda about Obama the people working for him going to jail has amounted to nothing. Meanwhile Trump has now had 34 subordinates convicted - in 2 years.

Etc.

Eventually the truth gets so overwhelming even your right-wing media bubble can't keep it out. Young people get. Even normal suburban republicans, who aren't captivated by the super racist dog whistles (which Trump has turned into normal whistles) and actually have something to lose, are starting to get it.
Why haven't you done the honorable thing and opened your wrists? Save your mom some pain and embarrassment.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up