ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Is Austinchief okay with a mod deleting 10 billion posts on his forum?
Phobia 05:29 PM 08-08-2016
This is terrible and I'm all angry and stuff.
[Reply]
Bwana 06:11 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
:-)

A little humility never killed anybody, Phil. I have no idea why you would need to be diametrically opposed to owning up to your shit and promising to do better.

[Reply]
Direckshun 06:29 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by headsnap:
so you speak for the people now?

this forum isn't for those people...
I can link the threads if you want. I started thread a couple years back where I asked why the people here believed DC was such a "cesspool" -- the common adage at the time. Many DC regulars posted in that thread, and there were a few reasons given, but the one overriding reason was that people were generally phenomenal assholes to each other.

I took the issue to the mods, naturally suggesting that DC try out elevated moderating, in order to quell the unnecessary hostility for a trial period. The response -- from Phobia, no less -- was that I should start a poll. If DC wants it, they'll try it.

I started the poll the next day and like 90% of the board said no, excoriating me, largely saying that it would rob the board of its character. A character which, just a few days ago, they all said they couldn't stand. Genius?

Really just the prototype for just doing the same thing for no reason other than it's just how it's always been.

Phobia actually sent me rep saying that it was a fair idea and that he was sorry people were being dicks.

Edit: Actually, in the perfect distillation of how ChiefsPlanet fucks up its moderation of this forum, I actually can't link to those threads right now, because Phobia is being a dick.
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:32 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Your first reply was better. Shouldn't have edited it. But this'll do.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 06:42 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
Please don't. This forum needed a douching.
I can certainly understand why you don't want the DC history restored. There is so much EPIC FAIL for you in those threads.

Don't be embarrassed by it. Learn from it and be a better person.

Remember, the cover-up is worse than the crime.
[Reply]
RNR 06:43 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Nothing is gone, goof. I'm never even here. I'll restore your beloved dc tomorrow
At first I believed it was gone. After I thought about it I was pretty sure it was just blocked and replaced. I received a denied access when trying to go to DC through the normal link. I also didn't notice much change in my post count. I had no idea what my number was but I knew it was close to 30k Had you nuked it I would have been well under 30k~
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:25 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I can certainly understand why you don't want the DC history restored. There is so much EPIC FAIL for you in those threads.

Don't be embarrassed by it. Learn from it and be a better person.

Remember, the cover-up is worse than the crime.
The way you have been acting, I wouldn't be calling others out.
[Reply]
Phobia 07:31 AM 08-09-2016
Or it's just a kind of interesting place to chitchat on this site when the football talk isn't in full gear.

And it's kind of a drag to have those conversations when mods feel they have to exert their political opinions through moderating, instead of through discussion like the rest of us.

That's not unreasonable.
So, which political position have I exerted in the past week?
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 07:41 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The way you have been acting, I wouldn't be calling others out.
Meh. You're just pissy because you hitched your wagon to a donkey.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:18 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
Meh. You're just pissy because you hitched your wagon to a donkey.
I have no idea what you are talking about.

I do know you have been crying like a little bitch since the first threads got deleted.
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:29 AM 08-09-2016
Totally fine with nuking this entire forum and starting over (though I realize it's almost certainly temporary).

But if he touches any of the girly pic threads, I will personally drive to KC (or wherever) and, errr.....be very mad at him. VERY mad at him. YOU HEAR ME?!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:32 AM 08-09-2016
I can link the threads if you want. I started thread a couple years back where I asked why the people here believed DC was such a "cesspool" -- the common adage at the time. Many DC regulars posted in that thread, and there were a few reasons given, but the one overriding reason was that people were generally phenomenal assholes to each other.

I took the issue to the mods, naturally suggesting that DC try out elevated moderating, in order to quell the unnecessary hostility for a trial period. The response -- from Phobia, no less -- was that I should start a poll. If DC wants it, they'll try it.

I started the poll the next day and like 90% of the board said no, excoriating me, largely saying that it would rob the board of its character. A character which, just a few days ago, they all said they couldn't stand. Genius?

Really just the prototype for just doing the same thing for no reason other than it's just how it's always been.

Phobia actually sent me rep saying that it was a fair idea and that he was sorry people were being dicks.

Edit: Actually, in the perfect distillation of how ChiefsPlanet fucks up its moderation of this forum, I actually can't link to those threads right now, because Phobia is being a dick.
you whine like a woman, liberal
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:34 AM 08-09-2016
Nothing is gone, goof. I'm never even here. I'll restore your beloved dc tomorrow

[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 09:00 AM 08-09-2016
The wasted energy of self reverential leftist whining is an untapped and endlessly renewable resource.
[Reply]
srvy 09:17 AM 08-09-2016
Dont restore this is a good thing in fact it should be setup to dump the crap every Sunday at 11:59 pm. Wash the solid waste down once a week.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:21 AM 08-09-2016
So, which political position have I exerted in the past week?
I'll give you two guesses.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up