ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 25
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Power 5 conferences moving toward postponing 2020 NCAA football season
tk13 05:45 PM 08-09-2020

Breaking news story with @RossDellenger: Nationwide conference meetings this week are expected to result in the postponement of the 2020 college football season and all fall sports.

"We've got work to do that's no fun." https://t.co/4uo3BufqSh

— Pat Forde (@ByPatForde) August 9, 2020

[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:40 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Pay per view? Surely not. That would put the NFL on MLB level of stupidity from a business perspective.
The networks wouldn't let it happen seeing they lost their college revenue.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:47 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
The networks wouldn't let it happen seeing they lost their college revenue.
I certainly wouldn’t think so. It’s just odd that it was even mentioned.
[Reply]
EPodolak 06:53 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
He could be right about the expenses thing if the university is doing everything virtually, but the "social distancing is highly unlikely" thing is a complete guess. As opposed to what? Being on a football team and sharing a locker room with 100 other guys?
It's a desperate take, in reaction to what is probably his first huge disappointment in life.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:59 PM 08-09-2020
Fear mongering rules all
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:07 PM 08-09-2020
I've been pretty tilted about idiots not doing the right thing, this is borderline Schadenfreude for me. This should have been over by July god damnit.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:08 PM 08-09-2020
Young college kids aren't going to follow the rules, so if you're piss your pants frightened over people getting it you don't play. Simple as that
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:12 PM 08-09-2020
I mean, what did you expect?

If a player dies because of COVID related complications that can be traced to football related activities, it’s going to make conferences and universities look even worse (beyond already exploiting players by paying them nothing or not allowing them to profit off their likeness currently) by prioritizing profit over health.

Just 2 years ago Maryland’s administration was pretty much forced out because a football player died without proper medical attention during practice.
[Reply]
O.city 08:15 PM 08-09-2020
They’re worried this could put more pressure on the players to unionize

Long term outlook wise
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:01 PM 08-09-2020
Surprised it took them this long to come around. It was folly to think CFB was going to be a thing this year.
[Reply]
tk13 09:05 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I mean, what did you expect?

If a player dies because of COVID related complications that can be traced to football related activities, it’s going to make conferences and universities look even worse (beyond already exploiting players by paying them nothing or not allowing them to profit off their likeness currently) by prioritizing profit over health.

Just 2 years ago Maryland’s administration was pretty much forced out because a football player died without proper medical attention during practice.
This is in addition to the fact that NCAA came out a few days ago and said that schools can't force athletes to sign liability waivers for COVID.
[Reply]
tk13 09:08 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
It's a desperate take, in reaction to what is probably his first huge disappointment in life.
Actually, I looked it up and the NCAA declared this week that they must cover any medical expenses for any players who get COVID... so unless something changes with this move, Lawrence isn't right.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 09:13 PM 08-09-2020
You going to start wearing your masks now?

....don't you roll your eyes at me.

THAT'S IT! YOU JUST LOST FOOTBALL FOR 2021, MISTER!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:13 PM 08-09-2020
NFL is next.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:21 PM 08-09-2020
And that is the end of football for good.
[Reply]
tk13 11:35 PM 08-09-2020
Lawrence and some of these other players might have just been setting everyone up. Got everyone paying attention to his tweet, now the buzz tonight is Lawrence and several other star players turning that "we want to play" hashtag to basically push for an NCAA player's union.

#WeWantToPlay pic.twitter.com/jvQhE7noGB

— Trevor Lawrence (@Trevorlawrencee) August 10, 2020

[Reply]
Page 2 of 25
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up