ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What is the relationship like between you and the parents of your significant other?
|Zach| 03:23 PM 08-08-2020
Do you have challenges that are pretty stereotypical or is it a pretty great connection.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:32 PM 08-08-2020
It was great until they came to visit and her mom was a huge bitch to my wife. I snapped at the mom, they left, and I haven't said more than 50 words to them in about 2.5 years.
[Reply]
Kman34 03:34 PM 08-08-2020
I’m lucky... Mine consider me a son and I treat them like a second set of parents..
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:35 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
It was great until they came to visit and her mom was a huge bitch to my wife. I snapped at the mom, they left, and I haven't said more than 50 words to them in about 2.5 years.
How did the wife feel about it? Sorta stuck in between?
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 08-08-2020, 03:37 PM
This message has been deleted by Mahomes_Is_God.
Mephistopheles Janx 03:38 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
How did the wife feel about it? Sorta stuck in between?
Their relationship was ice cold for over a year. Then wifey got to feeling bad because her parents are super old and probably won't be around much longer so she made up. In true fashion within that family... they just act like the blowup never happened.

Wifey understood my position within the whole thing so she wasn't angry or upset at me for my reaction.
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:38 PM 08-08-2020
Dealing with some challenging parents. They are nice folks they really are but they are also very insular and hard to connect with. Not having many conversational threads is generally not a challenge to me as an outgoing person. It's hard to sort through it just being who they are or if there is something deeper to sort out.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:41 PM 08-08-2020
Always been good. Felt they were demanding early in our relationship.

Her mom died in 2003. Sometimes I am more than a son to her dad than her own sons are.

The woman that her dad is married to now.....well.....best left unsaid.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:44 PM 08-08-2020
My girlfriends dad fixes my car and I raw dog her mom. Works out pretty well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:47 PM 08-08-2020
I struggle with my mother-in-law on a daily basis but she lives with us, so I wouldn’t call the situation “normal”. And honestly, it’s much more difficult for my wife than it is for me.
[Reply]
Jenson71 03:47 PM 08-08-2020
I’m sure they are perplexed and disappointed but they’re nice enough to have never expressed that to either of us.
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:48 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I struggle with my mother-in-law on a daily basis but she lives with us, so I wouldn’t call the situation “normal”. And honestly, it’s much more difficult for my wife than it is for me.
Damn. That's tough. I'm sure you are doing a lot of good things to help her out and should be commended but damn
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:49 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I’ve snapped at my MiL several times. It’s amazing what you can get over when you HAVE to. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:51 PM 08-08-2020
Damn. That's tough. I'm sure you are doing a lot of good things to help her out and should be commended but damn
Imagine living with someone who can’t take care of themselves but not only won’t acknowledge that but won’t desist from trying to help YOU.

I’m not going to talk bad about her because I do love her to death but I’ve seen her do things that would result in death if one of us weren’t there.

She not only acts like that stuff doesn’t happen but she’s all too eager to tell her 40 year old daughter how to manage her money or raise her kids.
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:52 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Imagine living with someone who can’t take care of themselves but not only won’t acknowledge that but won’t desist from trying to help YOU.

I’m not going to talk bad about her because I do love her to death but I’ve seen her do things that would result in death if one of us weren’t there.

She not only acts like that stuff doesn’t happen but she’s all too eager to tell her 40 year old daughter how to manage her money or raise her kids.
Maddening. You are good folks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:55 PM 08-08-2020
Maddening. You are good folks.
It’s a learning process brother. I once told TwistedChief the story of when I took in a couple struggling with heroin addiction and the boyfriend stole my car and totaled it in the middle of the night. They ended up moving out but I never said a word to him out of anger. For sure told him I was disappointed but 15 years ago I probably would have shot him in the spot.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up