ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 22
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lucas Niang opts out...
pugsnotdrugs19 07:46 AM 08-06-2020
https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...407051781?s=21

Damn.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:20 AM 08-06-2020
Kind of funny, a cashier at Walmart can go to work, a server at a restaurant can go to work.....but these pussies can't play football for their millions?
[Reply]
wazu 08:21 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'm not risking Mahomes on a season where we're down 2 OL before the first snap.

Cancel diz sheeit.
We're down a rookie and a guy who was mediocre at best. Calm down.
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Kind of funny, a cashier at Walmart can go to work, a server at a restaurant can go to work.....but these pussies can't play football for their millions?
If you offered that cashier or server most of their salary to stay home, think they'd take it?

Guys can do what they wanna do. Can't really fault them IMO.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:23 AM 08-06-2020
The players opting out are nutless twats.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:23 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Virus will be here next year too.

If you push it to the spring, you're gonna have basically no offseason next year, would likely lead to more injuries.

Either play it this year as normal ish, or just punt on it and start next year.
Too much money involved. The virus will still be here but many are banking on a vaccine by Spring. If nothing else out understanding of how to treat the virus might improve by then too. It's a no win situation but the idea of having a 4th string guard protecting Mahomes terrifies me.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:24 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
We're down a rookie and a guy who was mediocre at best. Calm down.
Tardif at his best was one of the best pass protectors in the league at G.

The rookie was likely going to start at left guard this season, and at the very least was going to be a top backup somewhere.

One injury to anyone on the OL and we are looking at a dumpster fire of an OL.

I fucking SHIVER if either of our tackles gets hurt or taps out.
[Reply]
O.city 08:25 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Too much money involved. The virus will still be here but many are banking on a vaccine by Spring. If nothing else out understanding of how to treat the virus might improve by then too. It's a no win situation but the idea of having a 4th string guard protecting Mahomes terrifies me.
Had a guy off the street protecting him at LG thru the playoffs last year.

They'll figure something out.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:25 AM 08-06-2020
Terez indicates there's "family concerns"
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:26 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you offered that cashier or server most of their salary to stay home, think they'd take it?

Guys can do what they wanna do. Can't really fault them IMO.
That's not really what's happening.

The 'public' equivalent would be akin to a government subsidized loan. If you offered the cashier or server 1/2 their salary in the form of a loan they'd have to pay back next year - you really think they'd be that eager to sit it out?

Like I said in the Niang thread - I kinda wanted Niang red-shirted this year anyway to make sure the hip is right. Stuff like that can linger a bit. In a perfect world he wouldn't have played a snap this season. But even in THAT perfect world we'd have burned a year of his rookie deal.

In this one, he still doesn't take a snap, he can get healthy and maybe a little more 'grown man' strong and we have him for 4 years on his rookie deal starting next season.

Long-term this can work out really nicely and Schwartz has always been damn durable. Would Niang have been clearly better than Remmers? Maybe, maybe not. And that's who he'd have had to ultimately displace in the event that Fisher gets hurt.

This may be a good thing. But we're getting dangerously close to out of bullets.
[Reply]
wazu 08:26 AM 08-06-2020

The rookie was likely going to start at left guard this season, and at the very least was going to be a top backup somewhere.

1. Tardif must not be at his "best" very often, then. I see him get thrown out of the way like a ragdoll in pass protection far too often against good defenders.

2. Yes, losing the rookie sucks. But he's not irreplaceable.

3. I always "SHIVER" if we lose our starting LT, or our superstar RT. But that is regardless of who the JAGs are we have sandwiched between them.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:28 AM 08-06-2020
He saw the writing on the wall. He knew the NFL was too hard for him.
[Reply]
O.city 08:29 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's not really what's happening.

The 'public' equivalent would be akin to a government subsidized loan. If you offered the cashier or server 1/2 their salary in the form of a loan they'd have to pay back next year - you really think they'd be that eager to sit it out?

Like I said in the Niang thread - I kinda wanted Niang red-shirted this year anyway to make sure the hip is right. Stuff like that can linger a bit. In a perfect world he wouldn't have played a snap this season. But even in THAT perfect world we'd have burned a year of his rookie deal.

In this one, he still doesn't take a snap, he can get healthy and maybe a little more 'grown man' strong and we have him for 4 years on his rookie deal starting next season.

Long-term this can work out really nicely and Schwartz has always been damn durable. Would Niang have been clearly better than Remmers? Maybe, maybe not. And that's who he'd have had to ultimately displace in the event that Fisher gets hurt.

This may be a good thing. But we're getting dangerously close to out of bullets.
True.

In the end, this isnt' a huge issue but like you said, you're getting a bit thin. They apparently had some money freed up recently with this stuff getting signed in, I might call up the G the Saints cut and see if he wants to play.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:29 AM 08-06-2020

Tardif hasn't been 'at his best' for 3 seasons. Mahomes has never had a 'good' version of Tardif in front of him. I don't think he was ever really getting back there, to be honest. Moreover, Wylie at RG was pretty steady in '18 - as good as LDT was that season at least.

And Remmers is better than Erving was last year, by a fair bit, IMO.

So the likely starting OL of Fisher - Osemele - Reiter - Wylie - Schwartz is probably about on par with anything Mahomes has had over the last 2 seasons. And if Fisher goes down, Remmers is probably better than any swing tackle we've had on the roster. If a G goes down, Rankin is probably as good as any backup G we've had. Allegretti was already the backup C.

I don't see any real cause for alarm.

Yet.

Opt-out period isn't over and any more hits could really start to sting.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:31 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
My friends summer school had to shutdown twice. It's an absolute shitshow.
Multiply that by every county in America. Its not going to get better.

If we want to have a season, even without fans, they need to figure out how to do a football bubble because the NBA and NHL are proving it can be successful.
[Reply]
O.city 08:31 AM 08-06-2020
It'd be nice to get lucky and Osemele be back to his old self for a year. That dude was a monster.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 22
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up