ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 22
« First < 101617181920 2122 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Lucas Niang opts out...
pugsnotdrugs19 07:46 AM 08-06-2020
https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...407051781?s=21

Damn.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:31 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic:
I respect the decision of Lucas, but selfishly wish he had played to get a year under his belt before taking over a starting position next season. The Chiefs can open op $11.5 million in cap space by cutting Fisher in '21. This set us back a year and puts us in a pickle with future cap space.
And I was told that no one wanted to get rid of or move Fisher to LG. Here is one example of many that some tried to deny are in existence.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:16 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Except for the fact that Kelce was still connected with the Chiefs during his injured rookie season... in attendance at the team facility, participating in team meetings, conditioning/rehab and having regular contact with the coaches.

Niang will be completely cut off from the organization as part of the opt out exile.

You are apparently still too stupid to grasp that difference.
The fact that you’re making this situation seem like it’s terrible is laughable the more you post about it.

Niang was in team meetings for weeks in the off-season virtual program before he opted out. I ask again: do you think Brett Veach and Andy Reid are too stupid to give instructions/advice on the playbook as well as from their medical staff on his time off? Do you really think they won’t care about their investment?

As for Kelce, he may have been in team meetings all season as a rookie but he was never practicing with the team on the field. He was doing rehab most of the time.

But hey continue to post as if Niang is in career jeopardy even though it’s really not a big deal.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 08:38 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
And I was told that no one wanted to get rid of or move Fisher to LG. Here is one example of many that some tried to deny are in existence.
It all comes down to cap dollars and sacrifices needed to make room for Mahomes and Jones contract. Fisher has been respectable, but he sure as hell isn't elite. Hell, he could end up replacing one of the interior guards as well. Who the hell knows.....
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:30 PM 08-09-2020
The boy hasn't taken a single NFL snap yet, and we've already decided he's going to be the downfall of the team . . . CP.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:53 AM 08-10-2020
Chiefs are loaded with him or without
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:55 AM 08-10-2020
Jack Del Rio speaks the truth about these opt-out players...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

Originally Posted by :
“I have personal views that would probably not sit well with my professional occupation right now. I think I’ll just leave it like that.”
—Washington defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio, asked by Ben Standig of The Athletic how he feels about healthy players opting out of the 2020 NFL season.

I am reminded of an agent who told me recently: “You watch. Coaches won’t say it, but they’ll hold it against players who opt-out with medical reasons to do it.”

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:57 AM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The fact that you’re making this situation seem like it’s terrible is laughable the more you post about it.

Niang was in team meetings for weeks in the off-season virtual program before he opted out. I ask again: do you think Brett Veach and Andy Reid are too stupid to give instructions/advice on the playbook as well as from their medical staff on his time off? Do you really think they won’t care about their investment?

As for Kelce, he may have been in team meetings all season as a rookie but he was never practicing with the team on the field. He was doing rehab most of the time.

But hey continue to post as if Niang is in career jeopardy even though it’s really not a big deal.
You are arguing there is a negligible difference between a player being a part of the team (at the facility, interacting with the coaching staff/trainers, conditioning/rehabbing with the team, etc.) for the duration of an entire season and a guy who will be completely cut off from the team until April 2021 (at least).

Enough said. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:06 AM 08-10-2020

Jack Del Rio is a fucking moron.
[Reply]
sedated 09:17 AM 08-10-2020
I really don't get the rush to cut Fisher. He is an above average LT and only counting for about $14 million this year and next, I'd take that all day over paying a guy $22-25. Save Niang for when his contract is up and wants a raise.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:25 AM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I really don't get the rush to cut Fisher. He is an above average LT and only counting for about $14 million this year and next, I'd take that all day over paying a guy $22-25. Save Niang for when his contract is up and wants a raise.
Old feelings die hard. It's a combination of the Schottenhiemer/Vermiel 'build around your elite OL' thinking and leftover animus from lousy luck in drawing 1.1 in a miserable draft year.

Fisher is among the top 5 pure pass pro LTs in the game and he's making 2/3 of what the 'elite' guys are making. And people want to cut him.

He's left on an island damn near every snap and does his job credibly.

Had we drafted this guy at 2.1 instead of 1.1, people would love him. There's been so much anti-Fisher sentiment due to his draft position that folks refuse to concede how well he's performed despite a massive degree of difficulty in Reid's offense.

And ultimately, if we're wrong about that, Reid will know it better than anyone on here and he'll get cut. But I suspect Reid/Veach will do what they have to do to keep Fisher around because they know how useful he is and how damaging it would be to cut him loose. At worst, he'll play out the final year of his deal (because again, he's below market) and they'll take the comp pick if they can't get an extension done.

Fisher's a good LT in a league where there are maybe a dozen of those. His cap figure is almost certainly below his market value. And people want to cut him then cite OTHER people wanting to cut him as proof they're right.

Aight. Makes sense.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:53 AM 08-10-2020
I don't hate Fisher, however we will have to save money somewhere and getting 5 years out of a dude making a couple mill a year isn't a horrible idea if you feel you can replace him with a draft pick.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:57 AM 08-10-2020
:-) Jack Del Rio
[Reply]
Mecca 09:59 AM 08-10-2020

Yes use a man with a history of being a complete dipshit.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:08 AM 08-10-2020
Apparently Nebraska and Iowa are trying to do the Lord's work.

Dan Patrick reports Big Ten had internal vote & by 12-2 margin, league members opted on not having a fall football season. Nebraska & Iowa were only schools that voted to play this fall, @dpshow said. Patrick said Big Ten & Pac-12 would cancel fall seasons Tuesday

— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) August 10, 2020

[Reply]
Kiimo 10:28 AM 08-10-2020

Jack Del Rio is one of the biggest morons in sports
[Reply]
Page 20 of 22
« First < 101617181920 2122 >
Up