ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone ever experience burnout?
Mecca 02:45 PM 07-30-2020
I feel like I'm there, I was there before Covid and feel like it's worse now. I legit have no motivation to do anything and I know I'm pessimistic and not fun to be around for the most part. If anyone wants further stuff I can deep dive but I need some advice because I feel like I'm stuck in the wallow not to escape.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:00 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
One day, I plan on moving on to bug's lawn.

[Reply]
KurtCobain 06:23 AM 08-07-2020
Nah, you'd love having me out there.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:52 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
It's so frustrating. I used to love facebook, it was a great way to keep in touch with people and organize social events, etc. I'm pretty sure that was the original intent with it. I still begrudgingly use it since there's not really a viable alternative, but I don't participate in any of that bullshit.

I mostly just post hilarity such as this:

I reluctantly joined facebook last year so I can see my son's hockey games live streamed , that is the only thing I use it for( ithink my brother is the only friend request I accepted) , I don't read twitter or any other social media platforms and CP is the only forum I look at, do I miss out or fall behind news wise maybe but long term I think I am better for it.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:43 PM 08-07-2020

[Reply]
bdj23 07:54 PM 08-07-2020
All the time (well, sometimes)

Ask me anything.

I've tried drugs, drinking, degenerate gambling, traveling... any vice known to man.

We work too much in this country. We weren't put here to slave away.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:24 PM 08-07-2020
http://youtu.be/ROS8AFJVQ6I
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:37 PM 08-09-2020
I actually find CP to be completely fine, and I don't consider this form of social media to be of negative impact on myself personally. I just don't let anything said on here effect how I think of things. Ya'll are a great form of entertainment and sometimes even very helpful with real life situations.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:26 AM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
I actually find CP to be completely fine, and I don't consider this form of social media to be of negative impact on myself personally. I just don't let anything said on here effect how I think of things. Ya'll are a great form of entertainment and sometimes even very helpful with real life situations.
It can be harsh here sometimes. There is no PC in place here. But, agreed its a different vibe than other social media.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:24 AM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It can be harsh here sometimes. There is no PC in place here. But, agreed its a different vibe than other social media.
I make it work here because I don't have any alter-ego or any shit. I'm just me. (Yes I really do hate Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards)

I don't have much time for much else, so that's why it works for me. I stay out of the full-on fights and try to keep my filter on.
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:36 AM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I make it work here because I don't have any alter-ego or any shit. I'm just me. (Yes I really do hate Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards)

I don't have much time for much else, so that's why it works for me. I stay out of the full-on fights and try to keep my filter on.
You also hate those cheatin’ d0nks too!!

All I have is sarcasm.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:13 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I make it work here because I don't have any alter-ego or any shit. I'm just me. (Yes I really do hate Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards)

You have to be who you are on here. Sure you can fudge a little, withhold some stuff but your personality, you cant hide. Just be who you are. None of us will ever be president. No one is going to look at our posts 15 years in the future and see if we are qualified for office.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:27 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You have to be who you are on here. Sure you can fudge a little, withhold some stuff but your personality, you cant hide. Just be who you are. None of us will ever be president. No one is going to look at our posts 15 years in the future and see if we are qualified for office.
That would be a resounding NO in my case. :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:47 PM 08-11-2020

I don't know about burn out but here I am at my 19th nervous breakdown
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:11 PM 08-11-2020
Saw a school board member today. Told her what happened last year and I was deciding if I wanted to continue as a teacher.

Even through a mask-I could tell she was stunned.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 11:35 PM 08-12-2020
Burnout might just come down to needing a relaxation of the mind. I know I made my post over a week ago now about closing down my social medias and what's funny in my case I've began getting texted more by the girls that are actually interested in seeing me. Because my life is no longer easily accessible they wanna know what i'm up to and therefore have initiated contact more. Now aside from that, I've been going to my gym and doing two-a-days to keep my mind occupied and I recently purchased a microphone set to begin doing my own podcast work with a couple of my best friends.

My point is, you gotta block out the noise. Social media is noise and nonsense. I do still have twitter to keep up with sports news, but otherwise just living a tad more simplistically can help free your mind and that whole burnout thing eventually evades. Use your mental energy towards things that can be of value to your life, and by life I mean your actual physical life.

And stay out of the AOL chatrooms Mecca.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 08-13-2020, 01:16 PM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat. Reason: Wrong forum
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Up