ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 38
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 12-17-2019
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker had its premiere last night at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Non-Spoiler reviews and Twitter mentions are trickling out and they're overwhelmingly positive.

I'll be seeing the film Thursday night, 6:30pm PST but I'm not sure if I'll have time to post because we're traveling for the holidays, leaving at 4am the next morning. If I can't post Thursday evening, I'll get to it at some point over the weekend, maybe after I've seen it a second time.

It's a Spoiler thread but let's try to keep the real spoilery stuff in the Spoiler Tags through the weekend, just so we don't ruin the movie for someone that accidentally clicks on the thread.

Let's hear it! :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:44 AM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Who fucking cares.

Finn is one of the worst Star Wars characters of all time.

He was great in TFA and his arc went nowhere.

I CARE MORE ABOUT DROIDS THAN REAL LIFE HUMAN ACTORS BECAUSE THE CHARACTERS THEY PLAY ARE SO SHIT

thank fuck for Adam Driver

he saved this trilogy from being nothing more than nostalgic masturbation
Adam Driver is the Ewan McGregor of this trilogy.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:48 AM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Adam Driver is the Ewan McGregor of this trilogy.
Great comparison. Would have been great if you know,
Spoiler!
just in case they wanted to continue his story.

Whatever. I'm with Clay - they showed that creating a trilogy with Luke, Leia and Han is definitely possible with this. Silver linings.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:06 PM 12-20-2019
but wait, there's more! GUESS WHO'S BACK! BACK AGAIN!

AND SOMEHOW...an even more SATISFYING ENDING!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:07 PM 12-20-2019
Why did they even bother including the Knights of Ren? They just showed up and stood there most of the movie until it's time for them to be fodderized. The fucking Praetorian guards did more.
[Reply]
Sorry 12:09 PM 12-20-2019
Uhh, isn't it implied that Finn IS a force user?
They confirmed that this film
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:09 PM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Whatever. I'm with Clay - they showed that creating a trilogy with Luke, Leia and Han is definitely possible with this. Silver linings.
I'm fine with this being just forgotten if we can get a fully CGI Thrawn Trilogy ripoff in 10-20 years

just show them mopping up the remnants of the empire or something and squashing some wannabe dark jedi

trilogy ends with kylo being born
[Reply]
Sorry 12:10 PM 12-20-2019
Why did they even bother including the Knights of Ren? They just showed up and stood there most of the movie until it's time for them to be fodderized. The fucking Praetorian guards did more.
Plasma was worse. What a joke
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:11 PM 12-20-2019
bro JJ threw every star wars asset he had at the wall and hoped people would be entertained

well congrats, we were, but we'll never be satisfied by empty calories
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:12 PM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:
Plasma was worse. What a joke
No. She had dialogue.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:21 PM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'm fine with this being just forgotten if we can get a fully CGI Thrawn Trilogy ripoff in 10-20 years

just show them mopping up the remnants of the empire or something and squashing some wannabe dark jedi

trilogy ends with kylo being born
A creative writer can plant the seeds to Palpatine still orchestrating things behind the scenes too.

Or we can just bring back Qui-Gon or something if JJ gets Lindelof involved I guess.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:26 PM 12-20-2019
just retcon that shit

literally ignore it

last scene:

leia: "i sure hope we can rest now...this war might finally be over"

luke: "i still sense a dark presence out there...lingering...in the unknown regions."

han: "not in this universe, kid."

*wink*

DOO DA DOO DA DOO DOO DOO
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:53 PM 12-20-2019
It is pretty rich that anybody that hated TLJ would criticize this one. Disney basically ignored or retconned entire themes, messages, and characters from that movie. For whatever reason (despite the vast majority of audiences liking TLJ), it seems to have been directly made to appease those haters and TROS was worse because of it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:57 PM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It is pretty rich that anybody that hated TLJ would criticize this one. Disney basically ignored or retconned entire themes, messages, and characters from that movie. For whatever reason (despite the vast majority of audiences liking TLJ), it seems to have been directly made to appease those haters and TROS was worse because of it.
It has a sub 40% audience score. Hardly "the vast majority".
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:58 PM 12-20-2019
It has a sub 40% audience score. Hardly "the vast majority".
Wow, it's almost like a small minority of people review bombed that website as they have done to countless other films they felt were too 'SJW' for them.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:05 PM 12-20-2019
:-) What a lazy deflection. "It was the anti SJWs!!!!!!"
[Reply]
Page 5 of 38
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up