ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan.
Simply Red 02:58 PM 08-20-2019
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys
[Reply]
burt 07:00 PM 08-20-2019
Red, Earlier this month, things just weren't right. I was tired all the time. Then I got dizzy spells. Had a few at work and they told me to go to the ER. Turns out my Blood Pressure meds were too high and a bad mix...I was dehydrated so bad I had kidney problems...and heart issues. Long story short I have 7 blockages in my arteries...40% up to the two 70% and one 75% I am too far gone to be eligible for stints. IF I don't reverse the blockage, the only way is bypass. Eating bad, smoking and drinking like a fish all contributed to this.

I haven't smoked since the 3rd, nor drank. I am on a heart healthy diet. You are making a great decision unless you want to be 58, in a hospital for 7 days and wondering if you're gonna have to have your chest opened. I am dealing with withdrawal of nicotine AND alcohol. But I sure don't want my chest cracked open.

When they asked me how much I drank, I said, "About a gallon a week." Of what they asked. "Tequila".

Let's you and me live a lot longer and fight the good fight. I am here if you want an ear. I will be going through the same things you will. Hell, I already am. But let's do it and live a lot longer!
[Reply]
New World Order 07:03 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by burt:
Red, Earlier this month, things just weren't right. I was tired all the time. Then I got dizzy spells. Had a few at work and they told me to go to the ER. Turns out my Blood Pressure meds were too high and a bad mix...I was dehydrated so bad I had kidney problems...and heart issues. Long story short I have 7 blockages in my arteries...40% up to the two 70% and one 75% I am too far gone to be eligible for stints. IF I don't reverse the blockage, the only way is bypass. Eating bad, smoking and drinking like a fish all contributed to this.

I haven't smoked since the 3rd, nor drank. I am on a heart healthy diet. You are making a great decision unless you want to be 58, in a hospital for 7 days and wondering if you're gonna have to have your chest opened. I am dealing with withdrawal of nicotine AND alcohol. But I sure don't want my chest cracked open.

When they asked me how much I drank, I said, "About a gallon a week." Of what they asked. "Tequila".

Let's you and me live a lot longer and fight the good fight. I am here if you want an ear. I will be going through the same things you will. Hell, I already am. But let's do it and live a lot longer!
Damn, prayers man.

Hope you continue to recover.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:03 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:

Be honest with yourself and try to identify the TRIGGER that pushes you back, and eventually out of control and in the same hole.
Good point.
[Reply]
threebag 07:14 PM 08-20-2019
At least nobody has Haglunds
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 07:16 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Best wishes for you and your ability to overcome your addiction the alcohol, it's a very tough battle to fight and I hope you have continuing success, all the best to you and your family
[Reply]
rtmike 08:08 PM 08-20-2019

burt, we could be CPs poster dudes on the consequences of being an addict.

I wish you the best my friend. My circumstances made it far easier than what you and SR will have to deal with.

You both got this.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:12 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Guys,

Brother you are an awesome Planeteer! You can get through this. Hang tuff and get through this. We are all friends here and you can do it! Besides, you seem nice! What! :-)
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 08:23 PM 08-20-2019
Just the fact that you have identified the problem and are taking steps in the right direction speaks volumes about your character...

I wish I had your courage kid; I have zero doubt you'll overcome whatever is forcing this internal behavior...

Chin up...
[Reply]
58-4ever 08:23 PM 08-20-2019
What’s next, SR? Treatment?
[Reply]
stevieray 08:30 PM 08-20-2019

hang in there brother.

Get in the gym if possible.

I'm six months in and lost 15 pds.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:31 PM 08-20-2019
You got the talking part done.
Respect and best wishes Red.
[Reply]
cripple creek 08:34 PM 08-20-2019
best of luck SR
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:47 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
What’s next, SR? Treatment?
well first is getting through this first week, then I may, yes. Thanks for the concern.
[Reply]
Megbert 08:54 PM 08-20-2019
I don't know you personally, but in the past you've sent me kind PM's supporting me. So in turn, I'm supporting you.

Good luck

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:05 PM 08-20-2019
Is that why u were trying to get ahold of me? If so I feel bad for not answering I prefer texting. You got this man! What's helped me is just limit yourself as much as possible it's gotten easier.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up