ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What do you collect?
Rain Man 11:55 AM 09-30-2004
I collect:

1. world globes (small collection, because I'm trying to limit myself to one per decade for space purposes)
2. t-shirts from foreign countries, but only if I go to the country
3. refrigerator magnets from any place I travel

I'm starting a fledgling pen collection, too, but only have a few. Pens are cool. I keep threatening to start a salt and pepper shaker collection because they're cheap and there are a lot of fun and creative ones out there, but my wife is wary that they'll take up too much room.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:05 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
This is as good a thread as any I guess.

My neighbor's father passed away and, because I had taken his father to a few games, he thought I should have some of Chiefs things his father had. Wow, just wow, I'm honored. What a nice gesture.

Nice
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:06 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Men
Ya dont say.
Ive always known we were meant for each other.
True story.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:08 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
This is as good a thread as any I guess.

My neighbor's father passed away and, because I had taken his father to a few games, he thought I should have some of Chiefs things his father had. Wow, just wow, I'm honored. What a nice gesture.

Wow.

Nice.

Originally Posted by srvy:
Over the years I've collected utility pole and railroad tie date nails. I have coffee cans full and the oldest and best are found in old RR telegraph poles they were copper and buffed out nice.

Around 2000 they started burning and blazing in pole dates or started using aluminum nail and washers that suck.

Heh. I hadn't heard of this. That's pretty cool.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:46 PM 04-05-2020
Finger and toe nails, teeth, strands of hair, fore skin, and I have a couple of ears as well.
[Reply]
srvy 10:51 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Finger and toe nails, teeth, strands of hair, fore skin, and I have a couple of ears as well.
Keep your evening to one beer two is obviously too many.
[Reply]
God of Thunder 12:29 AM 04-06-2020
Arcade machines
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:47 AM 04-06-2020
Bass Guitars and Watches. Oh, and first print books. My "Baby" is a first printing of Steinbeck's "Grapes of Wrath".
[Reply]
Frazod 01:17 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Primarily, DVD movies with some TV stuff thrown in. I've lost count at the moment, but I'm getting close to 300. Lots of old VHS tapes as well, but I get rid of them as I upgrade to DVD.

I've also got a decent collection of books.

And a lot of Chiefs stuff.

And a few guns.
Well, the VHS tapes are all long gone. As are many of the DVDs. Upgraded the best of the collection to blu ray. I certainly don't buy movies like I used to - so many films today are shitty remakes of/sequels to much better stuff that I already have, or mindless action/superhero stuff that I really don't care all that much about.

The library has certainly grown. Added a couple of new bookcases.

A lot more Chiefs stuff.

And a lot more (and far better) guns. IIRC correctly I only had two pistols and a revolver back then. They're all long gone.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:20 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by God of Thunder:
Arcade machines
One of my high school buddies has a whole room full of 80s-era arcade games in his basement. Most of them were pretty popular back in the day.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:22 AM 04-06-2020
Books by...

H.P.Lovecraft
Robert E.Howard
Michael Moorcock
J.T.Edson
Lee Child
James Lee Burke
Louis L'Amour
Luke Short
Max Brand
Zane Grey
Harlan Ellison
Edgar Rice Burroughs
[Reply]
scho63 08:44 AM 04-06-2020
Pounds, lots and lots of pounds
[Reply]
Monticore 08:48 AM 04-06-2020
I started collecting watches but once I got to 4 I realised it was going to be too expensive so I started my Scotty Cameron putter collection and once again I realised I could not afford those either, so I moved on to Scotty head covers and that was even worse so now I collect aches and pains speaking of which I picked up a new this morning putting shampoo in my hair.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 08:49 AM 04-06-2020
Pearl Jam posters
[Reply]
Mecca 08:52 AM 04-06-2020
I collect superhero memorabilia and things that make me nostalgic for childhood memories.
[Reply]
Hydrae 08:54 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I started collecting watches but once I got to 4 I realised it was going to be too expensive so I started my Scotty Cameron putter collection and once again I realised I could not afford those either, so I moved on to Scotty head covers and that was even worse so now I collect aches and pains speaking of which I picked up a new this morning putting shampoo in my hair.
My experience is that you don't have much choice about collecting aches and pains, at least at my age (60 this year). It is amazing how often a simple thing will hurt for days. I did something yesterday, not sure what, and now my right thumb hurts and I have a hard time picking up anything with much weight, like a 32-ounce water bottle. :-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up