ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>What is the relationship like between you and the parents of your significant other?
|Zach| 03:23 PM 08-08-2020
Do you have challenges that are pretty stereotypical or is it a pretty great connection.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:23 PM 08-09-2020
They live 1,200 miles away so it's prefect.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 02:42 PM 08-09-2020
I don't have time ATM to go through my in-laws and my story. I will leave this here though, don't give up too quick, which I think is what Zach is questioning. I will follow up later when I get some time.
[Reply]
seclark 02:58 PM 08-09-2020
He’s dead
We were cool
She’s still kicking...just left the house.
40 years
I guess we get along ok
Bitches about my driving constantly
sec
[Reply]
oldman 07:52 AM 08-10-2020
I never knew my FIL because he died wen my wife was in high school. My relationship with my MIL was chilly at first, mostly because she expected my wife (the baby of the family) to move back to the small town she was from after graduation. That wasn't going to happen. She died about 7 years after we were married, but she treated me like all the other in-laws. I got along with all her brothers and sisters. In fact, it was one of her sisters that introduced us.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:58 AM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I struggle with my mother-in-law on a daily basis but she lives with us, so I wouldn’t call the situation “normal”. And honestly, it’s much more difficult for my wife than it is for me.
Oh, good Lord, you poor guy.

I love my MIL but there is no way. I would be going crazy.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:59 AM 08-10-2020
My in laws really didn't like me when my wife and I first started dating back in high school. I was the bad influence. Over the years, though, they have come to really appreciate me and I them. We have a great relationship.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:00 AM 08-10-2020
Foursomes?
[Reply]
Steron 10:50 AM 08-10-2020
My relationship with my in-laws was fantastic. When my FIL passed in 2007 it was the first time I cried (I was 37) when I lost somebody close. This includes my 4 grandparents. Several years later I developed a torn disc in my back and started going to pain management. My wife has Lupus and she was in pain management as well. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to guess what happened. I ended up addicted to them. I would use all mine and then steal hers. It got to the point where she was going to live with her mother and taking the kids. Needless to say, I got clean real fast after that.

How does this play into the in-laws you might ask. Of course her mother and sister, rightfully so, wanted her to leave me. By the Grace of God she didn't. This has been a lot of years ago and I still feel uncomfortable going there.

TL : DR - My relationship with my in-laws was great until I became an asshole and ruined it.
[Reply]
burt 11:09 AM 08-10-2020
Can't/won't say I love them, but I enjoy spending time with them. I don't think they hate me..... but shit, I'm a car salesman, how much can they really like me? All kidding aside, as long as I am good to my SO, they will be happy.

My BIL, however is a pure joy and I absolutely enjoy every minute of his and his wives company.
[Reply]
chinaski 11:17 AM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I’m lucky... Mine consider me a son and I treat them like a second set of parents..
This. I have a wonderful relationship with my in-laws.
[Reply]
tooge 12:04 PM 08-10-2020
They are dead. I didn't kill them however. We had a great relationship
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:15 PM 08-10-2020
I hit the jackpot. If I had a complaint it's that they are too nice and my fil won't let me help him much because he has always been very independent in his farming.

They're great and would be welcome to. Ice in if they needed to do so or I'd put up a small shop/MIL apartment on my place in a minute.

My pro tip....I've thawed a lot of early ice over the year by working or doing a task very early on. Mow the yard, scoop the snow, trim the trees, clean up storm damage....do the dishes or something.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up